AJKO'S AND OG 1'S WHOS GOT THE RAREST ONES?

For all the OG heads looking to get that yellow hue off your OG1s, I just worked wonders on Ucasta's AJKOs... All my OG1s and KOs are about to get the same treatment!!!

Another success...

jwdanklefs - WOW! The difference is amazing. I want to get a bunch of shoes with yellowed midsoles just to do that! hahah

Originally Posted by jwdanklefs

For all the OG heads looking to get that yellow hue off your OG1s, I just worked wonders on Ucasta's AJKOs... All my OG1s and KOs are about to get the same treatment!!!

Another success...

niiiiiiiiiiice!!!
pimp.gif

info on where to cop that stuff?

my boy and i both have some yellowing to take care of...

Another success...

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Whoa! Those are some damn good results. Now, I know it says 'whitening' but, who wants to be the first one to try it on somw clear mid/outsoles?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by NikeHolic23

Another success...

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Whoa! Those are some damn good results. Now, I know it says 'whitening' but, who wants to be the first one to try it on somw clear mid/outsoles?
nerd.gif

Already did on a pair of Concords... It literally did nothing to them... No change at all for better or worse...

I am trying yellowed patent  this evening though...
nerd.gif

^Wow! For those that have done it already what's the process? I'm debating whether I should do that to my OG's but I just may.

Plus White 5 minute Tooth Whitening Gel....

Walgreen's has it for $7.99. (bought a second tube on sale today for $3.99) Don't buy the kit, just buy the tube....

It's a pretty simple process:
Step 1: Squeeze a small amount on the midsole, use a standard paint brush to put an even coat on the entire thing. Make sure to get all the
way up to the edge of the leather and get in all the creases where the stitching is. Once applied, let sit for 24 hours.
Step 2: Take to sink and gently scrub the gel off with warm water and soap and a scotch brite pad.
Step 3: Dry and repeat these steps 2 or 3 times or until desired temp of white is accomplished.

Those KOs took me 3 days (3 coats)

I did it on a pair of 98 Syracuse dunks first, then these KOs and now I have started on all my OG1s...

I suggest being very very careful, products with bleach in them will eventually fray and break the stitching in the soles. This could do more harm in the long run then the good it does now.

mrmar23 wrote:
I suggest being very very careful, products with bleach in them will eventually fray and break the stitching in the soles. This could do more harm in the long run then the good it does now.

laugh.gif
 It says bleaching power on the tube I don't think it has bleach in it. It would be pretty stupid to put bleach on your mouth
wink.gif

^Exact thing I was thinking... This gel is actually very gentle... I mean it took 3 days and 3 different coats for it to do what you see...

Speaking for myself, but I have used it on MANY shoes now and I have not seen a single problem...

I highly recommend it...
wink.gif

Edit: Infact if anything is harsh, its my elbow grease...
tongue.gif

Those are pretty nice results. Has anyone tried it on yellowing mesh specifically Concords?
nerd.gif

Proto - Its cleaning, like whitening your teeth... lol

JayJunkie - I have not tried it on mesh but I did try it on yellowing patent and it does absolutely nothing...

jwdanklefs wrote:
Thanks for the replies. And much props for sharing such a great discovery.
pimp.gif

For yellowing mesh, I've had pretty great results with the OxyClean detergent. Just use a toothbrush to scrub the mesh. For yellowing, I've had okay results with Sea Glow...

Back
Top Bottom