AJVI Infrared Pack *OFFICIAL THREAD* NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/SPLITTING!

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

I highly doubt it was made suede to cut costs.

JB has made it very clear that they don't do retros exactly the same way as the OG's or even earlier retros to protect the collector market and people's investments who own the OG's and earlier retro's versions. Jason Mayden from JB specifically said this too in a recent video.

right so the white/infa's might be suede
sick.gif
or something else crazy
alien.gif
but more than likely no leather
indifferent.gif
so they can keep the OG's, OG's   

guess i saved $350+ easy i will get the white/v red x2 or 3 if possible & call it a day......ill take the blk/v. red for nothing over $100 smooth

I highly doubt it was made suede to cut costs.

JB has made it very clear that they don't do retros exactly the same way as the OG's or even earlier retros to protect the collector market and people's investments who own the OG's and earlier retro's versions. Jason Mayden from JB specifically said this too in a recent video.

I think this is excuse, because suede and durabuck is a major change, it's not subtle. They don't do that with every retro. They were talking about Nike Air, not the overall sneaker. If they would have just left the infrared and varsity alone, I could say yeah, maybe. As an investment 1991 versus 2010, it's not hard to distinguish between the two.

Pass like egg toss.

Btw, yeah.. agree with safcolts - the suede on the VR6's is pure butter and the durability is phenomenal.

I wear mines several times a weak and everything SANS BOTTOM SOLE look brand new (footlocker weather repellent is all i use).

YEah, its yellowing a bit (i wash my shoes after every wear) ... but that's hindsight.

Won't cop pack... instead, allocating the mullah for two pairs of white/red VI's.

Call it a presummer engagement.

Wat a let down.

Will not be copping these, just like I didnt with those crappy varsity reds.

Only getting the white/varsity reds

More for my pockets..

Originally Posted by Mr Cool Grey

If this isn't a call to stop supporting JBs ridiculous releases, than Idk what is. These people are by far - dileberatly taking advantage of peoples money, expectations and addiction. JB knows exactly what we want, yet they give us the complete opposite. Cheap ##+ bastards. We need rally up and literally STOP buying every shoe JB puts out - ITS THE ONLY WAY TO GET OUR POINT ACCROSS. no Im not mad. I'm not bitter. Because I was buying jordans back we never even sweated what material came on these or what quality they had. I have the real retro infrared VIs in my closet right now. I haven't bought a pair of jordans in 4 years and I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER PAIR OF JORDANS again. Because I will stand up against this crap they call business. It ain't business if both sides aren't happy. To those out there that feel the same that I do, I got lots of respect for you. Let's end this JB ++$%!@+@
smh.gif
I agree 100% with this

And the thing is people on here complaining will still rush to the store on release date to cop
smh.gif

People got to stand up and say enough is enough and stop copping every trash Jordan Brand releases until then they will always take advantage of there consumers

I mean how are you selling kicks with very bad quality at $150 and up that's insane especially in this recession and the poor dumb people who work a little 9-5 still rush to cop you guys need to wake up
tired.gif

Originally Posted by juicyju

Im goin to cop the pack and keep the white/infra red

Your part of the problem

you would really pay $310 for one pair of kicks smh
smh.gif

At least cop the white pair separate don't buy the whole pack your going to spend more money that way think people use your head

You guys need to stop complaining. Remember when you were all crying because the True Blue 3s were supposed to be patent leather?

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Your part of the problem

smh.gif

At least cop the white pair separate don't buy the whole pack your going to spend more money that way think people use your head

If he says he is going to cop the pack and keep the white pair, I'm pretty sure that means he is going to sell the black ones.

Originally Posted by ebpo

You guys need to stop complaining. Remember when you were all crying because the True Blue 3s were supposed to be patent leather?
I remember when everybody was crying, because they swore black and blue that these weren't dropping.

Most of what I had was hope for JB, not hype, but with the recent turn of events, like noted by someone, my drive to get these went from 12 to 6. I will buy only the VI from someone selling or just buy a 2000's pair.
A large disappointment, more money in my pocket, as my only purchases focused this year were this and AM90Infareds.

Peace to the people that contribute to this thread that got it to 130 or whatever pages and picture posters.

~Lefty

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Your part of the problem

smh.gif

If he says he is going to cop the pack and keep the white pair, I'm pretty sure that means he is going to sell the black ones.
Yea but who's going to buy the black pair that's my point look at the feedback in this thread no one wants them so that means if he sells them there going to be sold for way less then he paid in the first place

Just buying the white pair separate makes more sense

If JB wanted to protect collectors investments in the older Infrared VI's, then they should of just threw a jumpman in the back and call it a day. They didn't have to change the material of the entire upper to suede. It's like a slap in the face to all the heads that never had a pair of Infrared VI's (like myself). 

Your part of the problem

smh.gif

Yea but who's going to buy the black pair that's my point look at the feedback in this thread no one wants them so that means if he sells them there going to be sold for way less then he paid in the first place

thats on here were a small percentage of all of jb profits.. he could prbly sell one pair on ebay for the price of a entire pack if he lucky enough to get the pack.....we may be mad but the rest of the world.......

Originally Posted by windycity7

Your part of the problem

smh.gif

thats on here were a small percentage of all of jb profits.. he could prbly sell one pair on ebay for the price of a entire pack if he lucky enough to get the pack.....we may be mad but the rest of the world.......
true good point

i have ds dmps, mc hella yella 2000 vi and v-red vi, i will get this pack anyways, if its even real, theres never any garuntee here, yet alone on any release, so thats that. plus the vi are so special to me, i have every vi release since 2000, i had ogs back in 7th grade, so im happy just to have any pairs at all..

Originally Posted by Redrum

If JB wanted to protect collectors investments in the older Infrared VI's, then they should of just threw a jumpman in the back and call it a day. They didn't have to change the material of the entire upper to suede. It's like a slap in the face to all the heads that never had a pair of Infrared VI's (like myself). 
These 2010 VI retros do have the Jumpman in the back.  Did you think they had Nike Air???

All AJ VI retros from 2000 and on (except the 136038 061 Black/Infrared) have the Jumpman.

Your part of the problem

smh.gif

I think you are underestimating these a bit. He will easily be able to get half the price of the pack(assuming this is a US release, and he's not paying resale price for the pack). Now if he is paying $500 for the pack or some crazy number like that than I see your point. I can't picture anyone selling either shoe for half the price of the pack separately though. Everyone is going to try and make a profit. So if it is a US release and he can get it for retail than it would be a better choice for him to buy the whole pack and sell the black pair rather than buy the white pair separate on ebay with a resale price mark up.

Originally Posted by Redrum

These 2010 VI retros do have the Jumpman in the back.  Did you think they had Nike Air???

All AJ VI retros from 2000 and on (except the 136038 061 Black/Infrared) have the Jumpman.

I think you missed his whole point. He is saying that the jumpman on the back would be enough of a difference from the 2000 retro for collectors to differentiate the two releases. There was no need to change the whole shoe material as well.

Back
Top Bottom