AJVI Infrared Pack *OFFICIAL THREAD* NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/SPLITTING!

Obviously money is a deciding factor, but I'm glad they released both sets of shoes. Majority of sneaker enthusiasts were upset about the color change, so to please some of the upset consumers they dropped these. Granted they could have just dropped the infrared's to begin with as a GR and everyone would have been happy, but I'm glad they tried to fix their mistake. It shows to me that they do listen to us. It's a hard balance trying to please the OG shoe heads who want retro's to differentiate from their originals, the people who want retro's to be identical to the originals, and the casual shoe buyer who just wants a new black and red Jordan to match their clothes. There are enough infrared's to where the people that really want them have the opportunity to do so. If it wasn't for the varsity reds, resale price would be through the roof on these packs.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Originally Posted by TheShoeKing23

Hype over?

Hype over.
Resellers didn't win this time.
laugh.gif

I am still waiting on my finishline restock to get cancelled so i can try another option in getting this pack

Originally Posted by Redrum

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

Hype over?

Hype over.
laugh.gif
like Proto stated, prices are down because the resell market is flooded right now. Give it a few months and prices will be back up

hate to say it, but its going to take a while for price to go back up.

people who missed out on this pack arent hurting because they can go get the Varsity Reds on discount, which is almost the same exact pairs of shoes except for the slightly brighter red. the resell game in general is dead right about now. for example, on ISS the only shoes people are buying are stuff like Yeezys and Supreme Dunks/Blazers.everything else on there is not really moving like that. if the hype isnt crazy for these right now, its not going to improve much in the immediate future.Jordan Brand is bringing out all these release back to back to kill the resell game. Their logic is why should people be giving money back to consumers when they can just give it to JB?

yeezys were a different story because of their limited availability and celebrity status. they werent something you saw everyday. people wish that this was the next DMP status pack, but it's not. the concept of packs has been beat to death like a dead horse. so much that people are not as impressed as they would have been. oversaturation of retros is the downfall of JB. this pack will not be as sought after when the Cool Grey XIs drop. and then once again after the Cement IIIs drop.

Honestly, I hope the prices never go up.
After I knock down my 2 packs I'm def gonna cop a 3rd.
Though I might just go ahead and get another wht/inf separately while people are willing to split.

just got my pack from the UPS guy. these are pretty sweet.

i haven't seen the black-varsity red and white-varsity red up close but imo the quality of the infrared pack doesnt seem to be that much greater if at all compared to the varsity reds.

i think the quality of this pack is about the same as the 2009 space jams: nothing spectacular but nothing to make me complain about. nevertheless these are still some dope kicks.

im not the type who freaks out bout quality since i just started collecting j's over a year ago so i wouldn't know the big diff from 4-5 years ago.

Originally Posted by flappy188

Originally Posted by h0opman31

how much are the white/infrareds going for alone?
on ebay 200shipped - 250shipped
anywhere else 350+

so the white infrareds are selling as singles... but are the blacks at all?

if that's the case i might split up a couple of these last packs i got...

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Originally Posted by flappy188

Originally Posted by h0opman31

how much are the white/infrareds going for alone?
on ebay 200shipped - 250shipped
anywhere else 350+

so the white infrareds are selling as singles... but are the blacks at all?

if that's the case i might split up a couple of these last packs i got...

yep but for the same or less, throw a few up see what happens you can always cancal the auction if you dont get what you want

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by Redrum

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

Hype over?

Hype over.
laugh.gif
like Proto stated, prices are down because the resell market is flooded right now. Give it a few months and prices will be back up

hate to say it, but its going to take a while for price to go back up.

people who missed out on this pack arent hurting because they can go get the Varsity Reds on discount, which is almost the same exact pairs of shoes except for the slightly brighter red. the resell game in general is dead right about now. for example, on ISS the only shoes people are buying are stuff like Yeezys and Supreme Dunks/Blazers.everything else on there is not really moving like that. if the hype isnt crazy for these right now, its not going to improve much in the immediate future.Jordan Brand is bringing out all these release back to back to kill the resell game. Their logic is why should people be giving money back to consumers when they can just give it to JB?

yeezys were a different story because of their limited availability and celebrity status. they werent something you saw everyday. people wish that this was the next DMP status pack, but it's not. the concept of packs has been beat to death like a dead horse. so much that people are not as impressed as they would have been. oversaturation of retros is the downfall of JB. this pack will not be as sought after when the Cool Grey XIs drop. and then once again after the Cement IIIs drop.

QFT, in no way can these be compared to Yeezys.

There are 2 pairs of each VI that are the exact same material with a different shade of red, JB fail. Only reason these sold out was because of resellers. Flooded ebay proves that.
And if people wanted them, they would bid, no one is bidding. Those pretty much sold for less than retail if you think about tax.

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

c'mon son, y'all acting like that wasn't a fluke auction.

plenty are still fetching between $400 - $450, like these today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIKE-...+@+%&hash=item3a5c396372

http://cgi.ebay.com/AIR-J...+@+%&hash=item3cae7ada60

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nike-...+@+%&hash=item3f00ec467a

http://cgi.ebay.com/JORDA...+@+%&hash=item2a08075839

and i just sold one for $410 shipped.
your not suppose to post live auctions you could get banned sorry there ended

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by William Rivera 3

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

Originally Posted by William Rivera 3

^^^The arguement on JB's enslavement over NikeTalk and the rest of many trend followers has been proven with this re-issue package. This is all fact.

My opinion is I would hope to own bgrade versions because they feature rare infrared box tag labels that may seem interesting to me.
What the HELL are you on about?!

Smh @ op for questioning me using "hell" for emphasis. You must worship that place being that you fully support a brand that leads its customers there. JB is a bgrade brand. If you don't accept this, then you must enjoy ashy suede, out the box creases, and cdp molds.
this guy is mentally ******ed, dont pay him no mind.
Oh don't worry...
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

^ I always thought the whole point of buying sneakers was to actually wear them...

Me too! I wear mine and yes, I do double up, because I wear mine enough to know that I'm going to need another pair.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

^ I always thought the whole point of buying sneakers was to actually wear them...

It is, that's why I am wearing them. I only said it like that because I just got them yesterday and I've already worn both pairs. I usually don't wear stuff this fast, but these looked too good.

Im going to return one pair to footlocker, then send another pack back to nike.com

Proto is right, the price will go up in a few months. there are a lot of 6's flooding the market right now but it won't stop anyone from selling.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom