AJVI Infrared Pack *OFFICIAL THREAD* NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/SPLITTING!

As others have said, I really don't see these going up much in resale value, if at all. By comparison to the mass market/average consumer, only a handful of hardcore sneakerheads knew about/wanted these, and the majority of them got theirs already. There will be a trickle of a few that couldn't get their hands on a pack because they didn't sell them in their city/state, and they weren't able to get them on line, either. Those are the few that are buying them on eBay now. After that, there won't be much demand at all for these. Just sprinkles of people that want to pick up another individual pair down the road as replacements, etc.

As always when it comes to assessing value of something, you have to differentiate between what people are ASKING for, and what the item is SELLING for.

Better yet what ever happened to the good old days when people actually bought kicks cause they really liked them or really wanted them?? Not because they are anticipating what there gonna be worth on eBay...got dudes buying 10 packs...wasting days making connects...bustin out credit cards...paypal..debit cards and everything else to what...make $50 - $60 dollars (if your lucky and have these eBay bastards actually pay when they win auctions) off kicks...go get a real job and invest that time in a bonus...or some OT that pays real dividends...

Only people making money in the resale game is eBay, paypal, visa, and shipping companies (with an honorable mention to label and packaging companies)

smh at some people trying to full fill their reseller dreams taking bout the prices of this pack is gonna go up. I thought this was a place were we despise high prices and help each other get the lowest prices possible, i guess the name of the game is really every dog for himself.

Originally Posted by tvanterpool

smh at some people trying to full fill their reseller dreams taking bout the prices of this pack is gonna go up. I thought this was a place were we despise high prices and help each other get the lowest prices possible, i guess the name of the game is really every dog for himself.

Most people only mentioned the prices going up to tell people to buy them now while they are still low. I don't see what any of that had to do with reseller dreams. Those people weren't telling you to buy packs from them.

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

Better yet what ever happened to the good old days when people actually bought kicks cause they really liked them or really wanted them?? Not because they are anticipating what there gonna be worth on eBay...got dudes buying 10 packs...wasting days making connects...bustin out credit cards...paypal..debit cards and everything else to what...make $50 - $60 dollars (if your lucky and have these eBay bastards actually pay when they win auctions) off kicks...go get a real job and invest that time in a bonus...or some OT that pays real dividends...

Only people making money in the resale game is eBay, paypal, visa, and shipping companies (with an honorable mention to label and packaging companies)
Precisely.  People think it's a breeze to resell something.  There are so many factors going into how much you'll make (if anything).  First, you have to be a well established seller with excellent feedback (ESPECIALLY when it comes to something as fraud sensitive as sneakers) before people will be confident enough to do business with you.  Secondly, you have to worry about whether the person who buys will actually pay, or not.  There are too many deadbeat bidders nowadays on account of sellers not being allowed to leave buyers negative feedback anymore.  This has also led to a lot of PayPal scams, where the buyer will get exactly what he paid for, but lie and say the item was not as described, or it arrived damaged, etc.  In many instances, PayPal will side with the buyer, taking the money from your account, and refunding him/her, and quite often, without the buyer ever sending you back the item.  Yes, that means they took the money back from you, AND kept your shoes!  And then even IF they actually pay, you have to take into consideration the 9% you'll be loosing to eBay, and another 3% to PayPal (deducted even off what you charged for shipping), minus whatever shipping will cost.  Sure, there are ways around this, but you really limit your consumer base if you want to sell an item outside of eBay, or have a buyer send you the payment as a "gift" (which is excluded from fees), because basically, the buyer is screwed if you decide to not send the shoes, so not a whole lot of people are going to be trusting enough to go that route.

Really, the only way to make a significant chunk of change off eBay, and have it be worth all the risks involved, is if you're getting the shoes at a deep discounted rate.  Otherwise, retail - fees - shipping - risks = hardly worth it.  If your life is in such shambles that an extra $50 - $100 every few months makes a difference for you, then you really need to be focusing on a more permanent solution.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

smhat some people trying to full fill their reseller dreams taking boutthe prices of this pack is gonna go up. I thought this was a place werewe despise high prices and help each other get the lowest pricespossible, i guess the name of the game is really every dog for himself.
Most people only mentioned the prices going up to tell people to buythem now while they are still low. I don't see what any of that had todo with reseller dreams. Those people weren't telling you to buy packsfrom them.
No, but many of their sigs are.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Anomaly

Originally Posted by dtb00201

smhat some people trying to full fill their reseller dreams taking boutthe prices of this pack is gonna go up. I thought this was a place werewe despise high prices and help each other get the lowest pricespossible, i guess the name of the game is really every dog for himself.
Most people only mentioned the prices going up to tell people to buythem now while they are still low. I don't see what any of that had todo with reseller dreams. Those people weren't telling you to buy packsfrom them.
No, but many of their sigs are.
roll.gif
Lol true, but majority of the people who mentioned price were talking about ebay.

only idiots sell via ebay.

the only people makin money on ebay are the sellers that been there for YEARS and get a better cut on fees....

Point blank.

ebay is a BUYERS market, not a sellers.......

there is money to be made, what people dont get is that this ALWAYS happens.....

a hyped release comes out, causing people to think they can make money, that in point makes people flood the market......so now your gonna grab deals because theres so many floating around.

These packs will go up. its a jordan, and its pretty limited....

wow, so it looks like my FNL restock came thru......called the 888 number and its awaiting a UPS tracking number.......hope it goes thru for everyone else, sorry to those it didn't, i know that feeling all too well

Yeah ebay sucks, I don't sell that much but with all the fees (paypal, ebay, and shipping), it is hard to just break even.
I can't really sell here except through a sig until I get 300 posts. That will take me a while even though I been a member
for at least a couple of years. I actually try not to post too much since 90% percent of the posts on the forum probably
shouldn't be made anyway.

i doubt these will gain value.
times have changed. back in the day, kicks would not release as often so buyers had more money for "grails".
now, its like a hot shoe drops, there is hype, then the next hot shoe comes out. no time for older kicks.

its a jordan but the name jordan doesnt hold as much weight anymore.

and we all know that packs dont hold value that well. the only 1 that holds it down is the DMP 6/11 pack. other than that... not so much.

Originally Posted by air max 87

there is money to be made, what people dont get is that this ALWAYS happens.....

a hyped release comes out, causing people to think they can make money, that in point makes people flood the market......so now your gonna grab deals because theres so many floating around.

precisely.

this is a dream package for a lot of people, and the OG colorways, and they're limited (even tho it doesn't seem like it right now, there are whole states that didn't get these), they will stand the test of time and go up in value (even with v-reds slowing 'em down a little), especially since the whites have never retro'd and the blacks haven't in 10 years....

only reason i compared these to yeezys is cuz this is 2010's most hyped release most likely, like yeezys were last year's... and the same thing happened in terms of being able to get good deals for a couple weeks right after release due to a flooded market.

and the only reason i copped so many is cuz i could, and without spreading myself too thin, even if it means sitting on them for a hot minute. i just want it to eventually work out to me getting one of my 2 packs for free basically. or use 'em as trade bait later for a grail when they're less available.

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

and the only reason i copped so many is cuz i could, and without spreading myself too thin, even if it means sitting on them for a hot minute. i just want it to eventually work out to me getting one of my 2 packs for free basically. or use 'em as trade bait later for a grail when they're less available.
sell 2 - 3 packs.... and yours comes out free i see that as a come up

of course i could be wrong, but F it... i'll still make my money back and a lil' extra for my trouble so it'll at least be like getting my packs with an employee discount or something...

I think once the Cement 4 drop and CG XI people will move on from this pack to the next Hype J, I know that the AM90 Infrared was a 100 times harder to get then this supposed limmited J.

Originally Posted by William Rivera 3

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

Originally Posted by William Rivera 3

^^^The arguement on JB's enslavement over NikeTalk and the rest of many trend followers has been proven with this re-issue package. This is all fact.

My opinion is I would hope to own bgrade versions because they feature rare infrared box tag labels that may seem interesting to me.
What the HELL are you on about?!

Smh @ op for questioning me using "hell" for emphasis. You must worship that place being that you fully support a brand that leads its customers there. JB is a bgrade brand. If you don't accept this, then you must enjoy ashy suede, out the box creases, and cdp molds.

I REALLY DONT UNDERSTAND, IF YOU HATE THE BRAND SO MUCH, WHY POST IN HERE?????????????????????????

JUST KEEP IT MOVING

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

sell 2 - 3 packs.... and yours comes out free i see that as a come up
A lot of interesting stuff is in this forum and is said when people are real and are not over hyping themselves in order to make themselves look good and to brag.  People know when someone is bragging or overhyping, but when the truth comes out people respect.  Nothing better than getting a connect who can hu with a tough release or when you plan out the right place to go where you can go early and wait in line buy a few of a hot shoe that sells out quick, spend the time to sell a couple and come up with ur pair or package for free.  Not everyone can afford 150 175 dollar shoes, and the only way to get a them is to sell a couple.  Props to the people who have dreams of getting real money and have to resell to get shoes now and who hopefully work hard to some day be able to buy J's and not have to worry about reselling. 

i am just glad this pack came out
honestly

regardless of everything else (6 related) this year,
what I wanted released and I got it - bottom line

Originally Posted by handullz

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

Originally Posted by Twinsnyc

I think once the Cement 4  3 drop.

nerd.gif
are these confirmed?

not confirmed, but most likely the will..

yeah i bet you money they release in '11. i just confirmed it. 
laugh.gif
 seriously though. my source tells me its so. and this guy has never been wrong.

Back
Top Bottom