AJVI Infrared Pack *OFFICIAL THREAD* NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/SPLITTING!

i'll just wait a little bit to obtain my pack. all this hype. i agree with sthebest that the longer you wait, the lower the price goes down. and the more hype a shoe gets (like this pack), the better it is obtaining a better and older ('99-'04) jordans since everyone is so focused on the current hyped shoe. more for me. hahaha

no regrets for me on this pack except i wish i woulda waited a little longer and got them a little cheaper (paid $400 shipped). other than that i'm very happy. def. more satisfied with the pack than i woulda been with the Vreds (even tho i coulda got both Vreds for $150 total on the 50
smh.gif
). not sure when i'ma pull these out tho. will prolly wait a while. i'm thinking next summer sometime.

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

I'm really loving the White/Infrared.

This is the closest we'll ever get to the OG (minus the Nike Air on the heel, the Infrared lace lock and Nike Air on the back of the lace lock).

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I remember you mentioned that you own a pair of OG black infrareds, did you compare OG to the pack? if so, was there any difference between the infared color?[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I compared the infrared shade of the 2000 retro and infrared pack, the infrared's between the two was obviously different.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]anyone can shed some light on this [/color]..........................

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

FNL Monday restock order came in today.....Joints are definitely worth it (well actually worth it if you DIDNT Cop the Varsity Reds) First time Im seeing them in person your eyes will play tricks on you and they kinda look varsity red....Until you take out the Whites...Then
eek.gif

The restock is coming from stores, I actually have a reciept from a store in Texas so..if your looking for the packs, try Finishline, and have them stock locate cause apparently they are still still sitting on shelves...

Good luck everyone!!!
that's where my FNL restock came from TX. I guess there was no demand in that city...

Went o my boys house on Friday night...After running and hiding from one of the extra 4 packs that he bought...I ended up picking them up. Was 'so,so' on having copped, but once I got them home and put 'em on...Couldn't be happier man! Brings me back to the J-days of old. Well, not completely, but at least as close as I've ever been! Not completely mad at JB...For a change! Could have done with an actual infrared lacelock on the White joints...as opposed to black.

Originally Posted by aZnGTI

This is the closest we'll ever get to the OG (minus the Nike Air on the heel, the Infrared lace lock and Nike Air on the back of the lace lock).

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I remember you mentioned that you own a pair of OG black infrareds, did you compare OG to the pack? if so, was there any difference between the infared color?[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I compared the infrared shade of the 2000 retro and infrared pack, the infrared's between the two was obviously different.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]anyone can shed some light on this [/color]..........................
Yes, I do own a pair of DS OG black infrared's.  That's a good idea.  I'll have to compare them when I get the chance.  I have them stored deep in my closet. 

But I'm 100% sure they will be different.  The truth is the '91 OG's, the 2000 retro's and the 2010 retro infrared's are 3 different shoes in both material and coloring.  (A lot of people seem to think the '91 and 2000 are almost the same, but they're not even close in material breakdown.)

Originally Posted by EEntegRa

are the restocks online only or FA/FNL stores only?
I believe they are online only; they were restocks because some pairs got "stuck" in people's shopping carts on the website during RD after it crashed/sold out, and they were unaccounted for until a few days later when FNL had them for sale again.  Stores only got "restocks" from sales returns.  That's why I'm not surprised in reading about horror stories about pairs getting switched out on store bought pairs.  It could easily happen that way.

I finally got my pack today. I'm happy I passed on the VR's for these, Its not a big difference but I'm happy.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

FA on 34th has a restock. I just copped the last/only 9. Not sure if im going to keep them or not.

wow my friend was right
he knew there was going to be a restock in a nyc store

this pack was all hype 

Originally Posted by aZnGTI

Yes, I do own a pair of DS OG black infrared's.  That's a good idea.  I'll have to compare them when I get the chance.  I have them stored deep in my closet. 

But I'm 100% sure they will be different.  The truth is the '91 OG's, the 2000 retro's and the 2010 retro infrared's are 3 different shoes in both material and coloring.  (A lot of people seem to think the '91 and 2000 are almost the same, but they're not even close in material breakdown.)

are the restocks online only or FA/FNL stores only?
I believe they are online only; they were restocks because some pairs got "stuck" in people's shopping carts on the website during RD after it crashed/sold out, and they were unaccounted for until a few days later when FNL had them for sale again.  Stores only got "restocks" from sales returns.  That's why I'm not surprised in reading about horror stories about pairs getting switched out on store bought pairs.  It could easily happen that way.
mikecabrera, thanks for your response. if you plan on comparing them, please provide pics.....

i'll just wait a little bit to obtain my pack. all this hype. i agree with sthebest that the longer you wait, the lower the price goes down. and the more hype a shoe gets (like this pack), the better it is obtaining a better and older ('99-'04) jordans since everyone is so focused on the current hyped shoe. more for me. hahaha

exactly.

people think this pack is hyped and will retain all of the hype later on? wait until later on when the cool grey xis come out. that would be the perfect time to buy this pack because all of the focus will be on those. and when white/cement IIIs and bordeaux VIIs drop, they will be nothing more than a fond memory commanding a mere $50 over retail.

$50 over retail is still $50. You can buy many things with other peoples' $50. Including more shoes for yourself if you add it all up!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by sthebest

exactly.

people think this pack is hyped and will retain all of the hype later on? wait until later on when the cool grey xis come out. that would be the perfect time to buy this pack because all of the focus will be on those. and when white/cement IIIs and bordeaux VIIs drop, they will be nothing more than a fond memory commanding a mere $50 over retail.

lol bordeaux's? we off that my dude. they aint droppin. but i cant lie i am dissapointed at how this release turnd out...bet the whole script woulda been flipped if the V-reds were non-existant. trust n believe dat. but its hilarious how ppl dog out the infrareds. its the varsities that need doggin cuz becuz of them ppl dnt care about originality the whole mission behind tryna cop this AJ VI. the v-reds are basically knock off infras that u cop if u cnt get the infras. the imma settle for this shoe. it makes the hype lower, it lowers the chase, it lowers the want, n the value n if u walk on the street nxt to sum1 who knos jordan but not the shoes n he sees u wit the infras on n the next guy wit varsities on, how aint gon look at the color he jus gon say hey u two got the same shoe on. even when i copped the infras the finishline employee says to me "aint these the same thats over there" pointin to the previously released varsities. i did feel kinda dumb sayin its a different color....true story. now lets look at that situation if the varsites aint release or even f it was more of a noticable difference to the average guy...material different, reds much farther apart (im talkin the varsities close to burgundy), stuff u c when walkin not side by side....like who gon c ur air unit while walkin? what difference duz it make lol. i guess it all falls down to what u kno that U have n who cares what others notice...but truth b told we all want ppl to notice 
ohwell.gif

EEntegRa wrote:

exactly.

bordeaux's aint comin out, and cool greys are coming in a pack with a team jordan smarty!

Originally Posted by flappy188

EEntegRa wrote:

exactly.

bordeaux's aint comin out, and cool greys are coming in a pack with a team jordan smarty!
col greys in a pack wit a team??? where u hear this at? if so i aint coppin. y wld they do this? i highly doubt that bro....HIGHLY

Originally Posted by Killajay209

damn gonna Unds my white infared tomorow

Lol I unDS'd mine last weekend and they held up well. Even through a 10 hour day @ the job on Monday. Gonna sport the black pair this weekend.

Originally Posted by thebeast23

Originally Posted by flappy188

EEntegRa wrote:

exactly.

col greys in a pack wit a team??? where u hear this at? if so i aint coppin. y wld they do this? i highly doubt that bro....HIGHLY

why do you HIGHLY doubt this?? xi bred was in a pack, so why couldnt cool grey come in a pack? TRUST me

Latest day-by-day update on late order placed on FNL after noticing sizes 8.5 and 11 still in my cart on 6/25/10:

* Friday 6/25/10 - Successful Check Out, Order Placed; Confirmation Number Emailed
* Saturday 6/26/10 - Status: Processing
* Sunday 6/27/10 - Status: Processing
* Monday 6/28/10 - Status: Processing
* Tuesday 6/29/10 - Status: Processing
* Wednesday 6/30/10 - Shipment Confirmation email received with actual UPS tracking number. (Website status still says 'Processing')
* Thursday 7/1/10 - Status: Partially Shipped (UPS tracking number received for size 8.5 pair. Shipping from Austin, TX; Size 11 pair's status: Processing)
* Friday 7/2/10 - Status: Partially Shipped (Size 8.5 shipped; Size 11 still processing)

why do NYC get re-stocks? because other areas in the country can't move products like here in NY. so we get the left overs and still sell out.

peopel make it seem like there's restocks everywhere...stop lying to yourself
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom