All 144 NikeTalk New Era fitted caps have been SOLD. Thank you for your support!

Originally Posted by CaptinStabbin

Originally Posted by Method Man

Also there are other great designers on NT, not just yoRAJAH. No diss but as a community you all can open up your design opinions to others who are professionals in the field. #justsayin

Obviously all of us on the staff are appreciative of the extraordinary range of talent on NikeTalk, but Rajah really was the perfect person to pull this entire project together.  He's been a part of the NT family for years, he's responsible for establishing the look and feel that people currently associate with NikeTalk gear, he's one of very few people with the connections and drive to handle the logistics of a collaboration with New Era and Cap City, and I think you'd be truly hard pressed to find anyone who's more passionate about fitted caps in general.  He's proven himself year after year and he's never exploited these opportunities for personal gain.  

It's possible that we might one day accept submissions for this type of thing, but there's no one I'd rather have overseeing this particular project than Rajah and I think he, New Era, and ecapcity.com have all come through for us with flying colors.  Our fellow users had the highest expectations for this product and I think Rajah & co. truly delivered.  

I'm proud of what they were able to accomplish for our community and I hope you will be, too. 
He is associated with NT gear...because he was the designer YOU guys picked. Aside from fitted caps, there are other professional designers here on NT that I think you all should consulte. When a company seeks out for an ad or a web design they either go to a design firm or contact a person directly, but they ALWAYS try out other designers. Would it be that much of a stretch to have another designer to collaborate on t-shirts? You keep saying rajah delivered but what about a person like Wong Fremont? He could deliver as well if you gave him the keys to drive.

-The Juice

Wong is a beast! What about homeboy that own "The Hundreds"?

SIDENOTE: The hat design is dope and I'm sure a lot of thought went into how to satisfy the general consensus...a lot of dudes might get carried away with design and you come out with a design that isn't TIMELESS or IDENTIFIABLE as a "brand". It'll be hot for right now but nest year it'll look dated. This logo will be dope 5-10 years from now.

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

i like it but couldve done without the 99-09 patch (considering it's 2011)
ohwell.gif

10 years was a big milestone. 

it is.  but i'm just saying i couldve done without it altogether cause i prefer the cleaner look.
patch > no patch

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

a lot of dudes might get carried away with design and you come out with a design that isn't TIMELESS or IDENTIFIABLE as a "brand". It'll be hot for right now but nest year it'll look dated. This logo will be dope 5-10 years from now.
Thats why I said consult a PROFESSIONAL designer, not an internet message board/mixtape designer. I know there are a few pros on this board (can't remember names srry bros) that could make dope designs, but the mods are deadset on keeping with one in house designer. Idk just putting out a suggestion to promote other designers who are members of this board and actively post.

-The Juice

Also there are other great designers on NT, not just yoRAJAH. No diss but as a community you all can open up your design opinions to others who are professionals in the field. #justsayin

Obviously all of us on the staff are appreciative of the extraordinary range of talent on NikeTalk, but Rajah really was the perfect person to pull this entire project together.  He's been a part of the NT family for years, he's responsible for establishing the look and feel that people currently associate with NikeTalk gear, he's one of very few people with the connections and drive to handle the logistics of a collaboration with New Era and Cap City, and I think you'd be truly hard pressed to find anyone who's more passionate about fitted caps in general.  He's proven himself year after year and he's never exploited these opportunities for personal gain.  

It's possible that we might one day accept submissions for this type of thing, but there's no one I'd rather have overseeing this particular project than Rajah and I think he, New Era, and ecapcity.com have all come through for us with flying colors.  Our fellow users had the highest expectations for this product and I think Rajah & co. truly delivered.  

I'm proud of what they were able to accomplish for our community and I hope you will be, too. 
He is associated with NT gear...because he was the designer YOU guys picked. Aside from fitted caps, there are other professional designers here on NT that I think you all should consulte. When a company seeks out for an ad or a web design they either go to a design firm or contact a person directly, but they ALWAYS try out other designers. Would it be that much of a stretch to have another designer to collaborate on t-shirts? You keep saying rajah delivered but what about a person like Wong Fremont? He could deliver as well if you gave him the keys to drive.

-The Juice

SIDENOTE: The hat design is dope and I'm sure a lot of thought went into how to satisfy the general consensus...a lot of dudes might get carried away with design and you come out with a design that isn't TIMELESS or IDENTIFIABLE as a "brand". It'll be hot for right now but nest year it'll look dated. This logo will be dope 5-10 years from now.

im sure theres numerous factors that go into something like this, what are the odds that those people are going to do it for free? then how would it be decided? then how long would it take? then if what if certain people didnt like it?

i think using the general logo that NT uses is perfectly fine.

Originally Posted by air max 87

-The Juice

im sure theres numerous factors that go into something like this, what are the odds that those people are going to do it for free? then how would it be decided? then how long would it take? then if what if certain people didnt like it?

AGREED, that's what I was trying to say...it's identifiable as a BRAND...I'm cool with it.

Originally Posted by air max 87

I understand that there is a lot of factors that are put into it, I'm just simply asking, have the mods even tried to give any pro-designers on here a chance? I never seen a "Designer's needed" thread. And I am in no way taking shots at Rajah, but I would think that a message board based on member contributions, I would like to see mods get other opinions on designs....specially when it comes to t-shirts. That's all.

I like the logo BTW

-The Juice

I dont get the criticism. It would make sense if the purpose of the hat was to create a brand in itself, and make profits (i.e. the endless fashion designers who post their shirts in the gen forum), but it's not.
What makes anyone think these "pros" would take the time and effort to design a hat in which they will not profit of?

No one knows how much effort and coordination it took to come up with the hat.

It's easier to criticize when you have NO IDEA what it took to get the hat produced to begin with.

I dont claim to either, but from being a semi-active poster in the NE thread, I can tell you NE isnt exactly the most reliable brand with regards to ship dates or even producing the hat EXACTLY like it was designed. So many of the "pros" in that thread constantly mention how NE got some detail of the hat they designed wrong (i.e. incorrect size patch, wrong stitching on NE logo).

I'm actually quite surprised that CC stepped up to the plate and worked with this site to get the hat produced.

props to them too for being the middleman in all of this.

And trust me, if the design would have went thru multiple designs, approval/feedback from the NT community, etc, that patch would have been off by even more years.

I have successfully used angelus "sneaker paint" to paint over a patch on a New era before.

this material is different but, should work.

I've been buying from CC for about two years, their fitteds size is inconsistent. Does anyone know how these will run? I wear a 7 1/2 but sometimes their caps are DUMB tight and I don't want that

The only fitted I'll ever wear.

Where can I go to get my cranium sized? I remember JB sent the head measure for the nubuck xii pack a whiillle back, but I've since forgotten that figure.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

I've been buying from CC for about two years, their fitteds size is inconsistent. Does anyone know how these will run? I wear a 7 1/2 but sometimes their caps are DUMB tight and I don't want that
*New Eras sizing is inconsistent.

CC doesnt make or stitch the hats.

Method Man wrote:

Sometimes you guys sound like Agnes Skinner at the grocery store:  "I want everything in one bag!  And I don't want the bag to be heavy!"  "Uh, I don't think that's possible...."  "What are you, the possible police?  JUST DO IT!"

LOL
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
@ all the size 8s.. i hope you dudes are actually an 8 and aren't coppin' 'cause u like the space
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

30t6p3b.gif
@ all the size 8s.. i hope you dudes are actually an 8 and aren't coppin' 'cause u like the space
indifferent.gif

i know 4 NTers that are size 8, including myself
laugh.gif
and legit size 8
laugh.gif

7 1/8s x 2 for myself...

As far as the complaints, y'all bammas can't just let things be what they are. Cop or don't cop, you didn't put the plans in motion to get the fitted made so why complain now?

If its that serious, go to Lids and get your own fitted made...

Looks good!
Been a while since I've worn a fitted besides my giants hat, but I'll most likely be picking this up.

Back
Top Bottom