All-encompassing Cleveland Indians thread. 46 days until Opening Day.

Originally Posted by 216301baller

INDIANS..cant wait till they get back to AL Central DOMINANCE!!! hence late 90's early 2000's

95 & 97 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It looks like Marson will be the backup catcher. I'm glad, but I didn't think that would be the case.

I got the other final spots (Everett, Herrmann, Germano and Pestano).

Say goodbye to Nix.

Your 2011 Cleveland Indians Opening Day Roster:

Carlos Santana
Matt LaPorta
Orlando Cabrera
Jack Hannahan
Asdrubal Cabrera
Austin Kearns
Michael Brantley
Shin-Soo Choo
Travis Hafner

Lou Marson
Adam Everett
Travis Buck
Shelley Duncan

Fausto Carmona
Justin Masterson
Carlos Carrasco
Josh Tomlin
Mitch Talbot

Chris Perez
Rafael Perez
Chad Durbin
Tony Sipp
Frank Herrmann
Justin Germano
Vinnie Pestano

Drink it in.

It looks like Marson will be the backup catcher. I'm glad, but I didn't think that would be the case.

I got the other final spots (Everett, Herrmann, Germano and Pestano).

Say goodbye to Nix.

Your 2011 Cleveland Indians Opening Day Roster:

Carlos Santana
Matt LaPorta
Orlando Cabrera
Jack Hannahan
Asdrubal Cabrera
Austin Kearns
Michael Brantley
Shin-Soo Choo
Travis Hafner

Lou Marson
Adam Everett
Travis Buck
Shelley Duncan

Fausto Carmona
Justin Masterson
Carlos Carrasco
Josh Tomlin
Mitch Talbot

Chris Perez
Rafael Perez
Chad Durbin
Tony Sipp
Frank Herrmann
Justin Germano
Vinnie Pestano

Drink it in.

Bob Feller uniform patch:

kzl5fzko.jpg

There have been a number of Feller additions around the park, and there will be a special ceremony in honor of him on Opening Day.

kzl5fzko.jpg

There have been a number of Feller additions around the park, and there will be a special ceremony in honor of him on Opening Day.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

kzl5fzko.jpg

"Bullet Bob"
pimp.gif

Anybody know when the new style uniform scheme will be available in the custom shirt style? I want to customize my own shirt and throw my name on the back but I want it in this font style:

indians.jpg

kzl5fzko.jpg

"Bullet Bob"
pimp.gif

Anybody know when the new style uniform scheme will be available in the custom shirt style? I want to customize my own shirt and throw my name on the back but I want it in this font style:

indians.jpg

Actually, we were able to trade (sell) Nix to Toronto instead of just cutting him.

At least we got something in return. We moved him to third base once Peralta got traded, and dude never even played the third base position - so it hurt him more than benefit.

KLJ, how would you feel if say one day Dan Gilbert buys the Indians...?

Actually, we were able to trade (sell) Nix to Toronto instead of just cutting him.

At least we got something in return. We moved him to third base once Peralta got traded, and dude never even played the third base position - so it hurt him more than benefit.

KLJ, how would you feel if say one day Dan Gilbert buys the Indians...?

The only way I could be opposed to it would be if he had us spendingfrivolously like a major-market team. Not trying to see us go out andspend $100 million all of a sudden, just because.

I loverebuilding, struggling, progressing and then succeeding, and watchingthese kids grow along the way. I would love to not have to worry abouteventually trading those kids when they peak, more success and a littlemore money spent in free agency, but anything more than that wouldprobably sour me. That probably sounds ridiculous to a lot of people,but I will always stand by it.

The only way I could be opposed to it would be if he had us spendingfrivolously like a major-market team. Not trying to see us go out andspend $100 million all of a sudden, just because.

I loverebuilding, struggling, progressing and then succeeding, and watchingthese kids grow along the way. I would love to not have to worry abouteventually trading those kids when they peak, more success and a littlemore money spent in free agency, but anything more than that wouldprobably sour me. That probably sounds ridiculous to a lot of people,but I will always stand by it.

Bro as a die-hard Indians fan I am so used to trading players away only to watch them blossom.  It wouldn't be new to us 
laugh.gif

Bro as a die-hard Indians fan I am so used to trading players away only to watch them blossom.  It wouldn't be new to us 
laugh.gif

The only way I could be opposed to it would be if he had us spending frivolously like a major-market team. Not trying to see us go out and spend $100 million all of a sudden, just because.

I love rebuilding, struggling, progressing and then succeeding, and watching these kids grow along the way. I would love to not have to worry about eventually trading those kids when they peak, more success and a little more money spent in free agency, but anything more than that would probably sour me. That probably sounds ridiculous to a lot of people, but I will always stand by it.

Well only reason I ask is because were at the bottom of the list for payroll spending. Not that it could ultimately be a bad thing, it's just feels like it's long overdue that we invest in a caliber-type player and blossom with talent surrounding it. Young players are great, but I just would love to see the payroll spending increase about 20-30%...and I imagine a guy like DG can do that.  

The only way I could be opposed to it would be if he had us spending frivolously like a major-market team. Not trying to see us go out and spend $100 million all of a sudden, just because.

I love rebuilding, struggling, progressing and then succeeding, and watching these kids grow along the way. I would love to not have to worry about eventually trading those kids when they peak, more success and a little more money spent in free agency, but anything more than that would probably sour me. That probably sounds ridiculous to a lot of people, but I will always stand by it.

Well only reason I ask is because were at the bottom of the list for payroll spending. Not that it could ultimately be a bad thing, it's just feels like it's long overdue that we invest in a caliber-type player and blossom with talent surrounding it. Young players are great, but I just would love to see the payroll spending increase about 20-30%...and I imagine a guy like DG can do that.  

I feel like DG would nee an extremely strong team around him to avoid making mistakes with money in a sport like baseball. Same reason I think Cuban wouldn't really do a good job in the MLB.

I do think that they might need to go out on the market in a couple years and invest in a middle of the lineup anchor to build around along with Santana. TBH, I don't see anyone like that in their system.

Perfect case IMO would be to have Grady and Hafner get back to somewhere near their prime #'s and try and load up on some pitching. Oakland for some reason seems like a team that could use both and have enough arms to deal at both levels. A good amount of teams scream that they need offensive help and have pitching. Just a thought.

I feel like DG would nee an extremely strong team around him to avoid making mistakes with money in a sport like baseball. Same reason I think Cuban wouldn't really do a good job in the MLB.

I do think that they might need to go out on the market in a couple years and invest in a middle of the lineup anchor to build around along with Santana. TBH, I don't see anyone like that in their system.

Perfect case IMO would be to have Grady and Hafner get back to somewhere near their prime #'s and try and load up on some pitching. Oakland for some reason seems like a team that could use both and have enough arms to deal at both levels. A good amount of teams scream that they need offensive help and have pitching. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom