All-encompassing Cleveland Indians thread. 46 days until Opening Day.

He has been drawing comparisons to Omar Vizquel, both with his range and his batting. He will likley need three or four years in the minors, but at only 17 that is not a problem.

sounds okay to me.

Churchull: Lindor was considered by Seattle and Arizona, and the Indians get a potential five-tool player that won't turn 18 until November. He's a switch hitter with pop -- he won the home run derby at the Aflac All-American game last year at age 16 -- and scares opposing coaches from all angles. He's a wizard on defense and projects to not only stick at shortstop but thrive there. The Indians could be in a position to have to trade budding star Asdrubal Cabrera in a few years as he gets more expensive, and now Lindor is set as the successor. The question on Lindor is how real the power is, but scouts generally agree it's above-average relative to the position. Lindor isn't going to be a cheap sign so it appears the Indians are not looking for a slot signing with this pick, which should make Tribe fans happy.
More: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/2011/06/2011-indians-1st-round-pick-ss.html

Churchull: Lindor was considered by Seattle and Arizona, and the Indians get a potential five-tool player that won't turn 18 until November. He's a switch hitter with pop -- he won the home run derby at the Aflac All-American game last year at age 16 -- and scares opposing coaches from all angles. He's a wizard on defense and projects to not only stick at shortstop but thrive there. The Indians could be in a position to have to trade budding star Asdrubal Cabrera in a few years as he gets more expensive, and now Lindor is set as the successor. The question on Lindor is how real the power is, but scouts generally agree it's above-average relative to the position. Lindor isn't going to be a cheap sign so it appears the Indians are not looking for a slot signing with this pick, which should make Tribe fans happy.
More: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/2011/06/2011-indians-1st-round-pick-ss.html

4691813276_97a929cebc_z.jpg

Need to wake up bats.

I don't mean to sound like the bad luck duck but ever since I've come back to Cleveland, we've haven't won anything 
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif
I went to the game yesterday though and had a blast with my dude. First time there since '07 and it was awesome.

I think all these back-to-back-to-back games have been killing us. Fatigue is setting in and these injuries ain't helping.

I'll tell you what though, Tony Sipp deserves some respect around here!

I don't mean to sound like the bad luck duck but ever since I've come back to Cleveland, we've haven't won anything 
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif
I went to the game yesterday though and had a blast with my dude. First time there since '07 and it was awesome.

I think all these back-to-back-to-back games have been killing us. Fatigue is setting in and these injuries ain't helping.

I'll tell you what though, Tony Sipp deserves some respect around here!

Back
Top Bottom