All-encompassing Cleveland Indians thread. 46 days until Opening Day.

Abreu related to Bobby at all? 

Walks never and K's a lot. 
ohwell.gif
  Any power, or just a raw gap type hitter? 

This Jimenez thing looks like it could really happen.

I think there are far too many red flags to give up the kind of compensation it will take.

Since the 15-1 start last season, he has been a slightly above average pitcher. His delivery is violent. He suffered the thumb injury. His velocity is down significantly. The Rockies are trying to move a Cy Young candidate eight months ago, when they control him through 2014, and very affordably. And then this morning, Verducci put out an article about the toll that pitching in Colorado takes.

It all feels too suspicious to me. They have to know something.

Conversely, he is still damn good right now, and away from Coors, he has been a monster. But with all of that evidence, I just can't convince myself that giving up something like Pomeranz, another maybe top eight guy (like LeVon Washington), a Major League-ready player (Gomez or Phelps) and probably one more prospect is worth it.

Other names we are linked to right now: Jason Marquis, Guthrie, Ludwick still, maybe Upton. Definitely out on Pence, and Kuroda won't come here.

Lineup tonight: Brantley, Asdrubal, Hafner, Santana, Orlando, Fukudome, Kearns, Hannahan, Marson.
indifferent.gif

White will start a rehab stint tomorrow. Choo is still aiming for mid-August.

This Jimenez thing looks like it could really happen.

I think there are far too many red flags to give up the kind of compensation it will take.

Since the 15-1 start last season, he has been a slightly above average pitcher. His delivery is violent. He suffered the thumb injury. His velocity is down significantly. The Rockies are trying to move a Cy Young candidate eight months ago, when they control him through 2014, and very affordably. And then this morning, Verducci put out an article about the toll that pitching in Colorado takes.

It all feels too suspicious to me. They have to know something.

Conversely, he is still damn good right now, and away from Coors, he has been a monster. But with all of that evidence, I just can't convince myself that giving up something like Pomeranz, another maybe top eight guy (like LeVon Washington), a Major League-ready player (Gomez or Phelps) and probably one more prospect is worth it.

Other names we are linked to right now: Jason Marquis, Guthrie, Ludwick still, maybe Upton. Definitely out on Pence, and Kuroda won't come here.

Lineup tonight: Brantley, Asdrubal, Hafner, Santana, Orlando, Fukudome, Kearns, Hannahan, Marson.
indifferent.gif

White will start a rehab stint tomorrow. Choo is still aiming for mid-August.

I take that back. Looks like they are back in on Pence. Heyman reports "very aggressive" approach towards Jimenez and Pence (and Ludwick, but he will require nothing close to the other two).

I hope Chisenhall/Kipnis aren't out of the lineup because one of them has been traded...

I take that back. Looks like they are back in on Pence. Heyman reports "very aggressive" approach towards Jimenez and Pence (and Ludwick, but he will require nothing close to the other two).

I hope Chisenhall/Kipnis aren't out of the lineup because one of them has been traded...

Danger zone. With Masterson going today, and Kyle Davies going for them tomorrow, they are must-wins.

Seven straight in Boston and Arlington, followed by 12 division games against the teams that aren't Kansas City. If we can survive that, there are 14 straight games against Seattle, Kansas City and Oakland waiting.

Danger zone. With Masterson going today, and Kyle Davies going for them tomorrow, they are must-wins.

Seven straight in Boston and Arlington, followed by 12 division games against the teams that aren't Kansas City. If we can survive that, there are 14 straight games against Seattle, Kansas City and Oakland waiting.

Back
Top Bottom