All-encompassing Cleveland Indians thread. 46 days until Opening Day.

pimp.gif

Still hilarious to me that they couldn't get a bat from Colorado, too. On top of that, the bastards let him throw 48 pitches in an inning, probably costing him a start here.

Still hilarious to me that they couldn't get a bat from Colorado, too. On top of that, the bastards let him throw 48 pitches in an inning, probably costing him a start here.

My... realistic optimism about all of this...

- Assuming he is fine, Jimenez is a good pitcher. Not great, because of the mysterious velocity drop, but good. If you ignore what was given up, or that there are other needs, the fundamental idea of having another "good" pitcher is a nice one. And leaving Coors can only help him.
- The offense being this bad for this long is pretty inconceivable. Well, I think. Any time I try to figure out why they have struggled for so long, I can't come up with a concrete answer. Injuries are a part of it, but Choo and Sizemore weren't all that productive when they were healthy. Youth is a part of it. The fact that we have played a lot of terrible players for substantial amounts of time is a part of it. I guess it's all of it, but any day, you just feel like it could stop happening and never happen again.
- They can still win the division. And Jimenez and Masterson leading the rotation could even give a team some problems. Damn sure not good enough to win a championship, but making the playoffs would still be important, especially this soon after the past three seasons. Momentum, development, money... it would help. And, of course, it would be awesome.
- Even if the offense does continue to scuffle, and there is no postseason, a majority of the team should be better in 2012.

My... realistic optimism about all of this...

- Assuming he is fine, Jimenez is a good pitcher. Not great, because of the mysterious velocity drop, but good. If you ignore what was given up, or that there are other needs, the fundamental idea of having another "good" pitcher is a nice one. And leaving Coors can only help him.
- The offense being this bad for this long is pretty inconceivable. Well, I think. Any time I try to figure out why they have struggled for so long, I can't come up with a concrete answer. Injuries are a part of it, but Choo and Sizemore weren't all that productive when they were healthy. Youth is a part of it. The fact that we have played a lot of terrible players for substantial amounts of time is a part of it. I guess it's all of it, but any day, you just feel like it could stop happening and never happen again.
- They can still win the division. And Jimenez and Masterson leading the rotation could even give a team some problems. Damn sure not good enough to win a championship, but making the playoffs would still be important, especially this soon after the past three seasons. Momentum, development, money... it would help. And, of course, it would be awesome.
- Even if the offense does continue to scuffle, and there is no postseason, a majority of the team should be better in 2012.

Nice right up.

If you would have told me we would have 53 wins going into August I would have probably laughed. None of us expected to be in the race heading into the last 2 months of the season. Did our front office panic a little bit? That will be determined at seasons end, but I just don't like the negativity for Jimenez and the trade. We add another pitcher to an already solid rotation. I understand he may not be the 15-1 guy of a year ago, but some players thrive off of being traded. Plus he is on a contending team, and not completely out of the race. Our offense will soon get it together. If not, then I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Maybe us as fans shouldn't have gotten excited because deep down we are just a young small market team who can't possibly build a champion due to our salary we can offer. I just feel we have had such a good year, and the fans have really gotten into the Tribe. This is the most excited the city has been since 07.

Boston will be a huge series for us. 4 games at Fenway.. I really do believe we will find out a lot about the Tribe within the next week or 2. Then once Choo & Sizemore get back to 100% or close enough we will hopefully be within a couple of games or in the lead.

Nice right up.

If you would have told me we would have 53 wins going into August I would have probably laughed. None of us expected to be in the race heading into the last 2 months of the season. Did our front office panic a little bit? That will be determined at seasons end, but I just don't like the negativity for Jimenez and the trade. We add another pitcher to an already solid rotation. I understand he may not be the 15-1 guy of a year ago, but some players thrive off of being traded. Plus he is on a contending team, and not completely out of the race. Our offense will soon get it together. If not, then I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Maybe us as fans shouldn't have gotten excited because deep down we are just a young small market team who can't possibly build a champion due to our salary we can offer. I just feel we have had such a good year, and the fans have really gotten into the Tribe. This is the most excited the city has been since 07.

Boston will be a huge series for us. 4 games at Fenway.. I really do believe we will find out a lot about the Tribe within the next week or 2. Then once Choo & Sizemore get back to 100% or close enough we will hopefully be within a couple of games or in the lead.

Back
Top Bottom