All-encompassing Cleveland Indians thread. 46 days until Opening Day.

I agree with both of you.

I was very skeptical of the trade we made for Jimenez; simply because Alex White will be a star in this league in a few years - but I understand the thumb injury is a deterant to his potential so the front office see's it as a 50/50 chance with him. But our mentality is win-now, and I'm with that. The fans have been incredible, I've been to 4 games this year since June and it felt similar to the early 2000's days - with the exception of the sell-outs - but that's kind of why I see the FO making now-or-nothing moves, simply because we have an opportunity with the division this year with the fan support right behind them.

Our offense has been horrible in the past month and a half. Injuries have been hurting but like KLJ said; Sizemore was barely an impact and Choo has been oblivion. Yet still, injuries are always an excuse to a bad season. We also haven't had a consistent line-up all season. I'm still very optimistic and I TRUELY believe we'll win this division down the stretch.

With Jimenez and Masterson as our Aces, we have our pitching there - but we need our offense man, our %$!++!$ offense to step up when it's time to.

Let's stay positive. Beat Boston baby.

I agree with both of you.

I was very skeptical of the trade we made for Jimenez; simply because Alex White will be a star in this league in a few years - but I understand the thumb injury is a deterant to his potential so the front office see's it as a 50/50 chance with him. But our mentality is win-now, and I'm with that. The fans have been incredible, I've been to 4 games this year since June and it felt similar to the early 2000's days - with the exception of the sell-outs - but that's kind of why I see the FO making now-or-nothing moves, simply because we have an opportunity with the division this year with the fan support right behind them.

Our offense has been horrible in the past month and a half. Injuries have been hurting but like KLJ said; Sizemore was barely an impact and Choo has been oblivion. Yet still, injuries are always an excuse to a bad season. We also haven't had a consistent line-up all season. I'm still very optimistic and I TRUELY believe we'll win this division down the stretch.

With Jimenez and Masterson as our Aces, we have our pitching there - but we need our offense man, our %$!++!$ offense to step up when it's time to.

Let's stay positive. Beat Boston baby.

Rockies GM Dan O'Dowd, appearing on MLB Network on Sunday, seemedto agree with the Yankees' assessment of Jimenez, that the pitcher isnot a true No. 1.

"We felt like we traded our ace, but probably a No. 2 or 3," O'Dowdsaid. "And we got back some guys who have a chance to become that andbecome that very quickly."
According to a major league source, "more than a handful" of teamscontacted the Indians to gauge the club's willingness to flip Jimenezless than 24 hours after acquiring him.
The Indians did extensive background work on Jimenez, including video analysis of his unorthodox delivery.
He was active again on Sunday, trying - and failing - to acquire Padres outfielder Ryan Ludwick, and also entertaining a flurry of offers for right-hander Fausto Carmona, according to major-league sources.
Other Indians also were in play, but the club ultimately decided against making further deals.

Rockies GM Dan O'Dowd, appearing on MLB Network on Sunday, seemedto agree with the Yankees' assessment of Jimenez, that the pitcher isnot a true No. 1.

"We felt like we traded our ace, but probably a No. 2 or 3," O'Dowdsaid. "And we got back some guys who have a chance to become that andbecome that very quickly."
According to a major league source, "more than a handful" of teamscontacted the Indians to gauge the club's willingness to flip Jimenezless than 24 hours after acquiring him.
The Indians did extensive background work on Jimenez, including video analysis of his unorthodox delivery.
He was active again on Sunday, trying - and failing - to acquire Padres outfielder Ryan Ludwick, and also entertaining a flurry of offers for right-hander Fausto Carmona, according to major-league sources.
Other Indians also were in play, but the club ultimately decided against making further deals.

Tribe enter August in the race for the AL Central. Only one thing to do.. In the words of Jake Taylor, "Win the whole !$*$@%! thing!" #tribe

Tribe enter August in the race for the AL Central. Only one thing to do.. In the words of Jake Taylor, "Win the whole !$*$@%! thing!" #tribe

He will appeal it so he can make his next start.

If the offense is unable to get going in these next two ballparks, that's when you know they're doomed.

He will appeal it so he can make his next start.

If the offense is unable to get going in these next two ballparks, that's when you know they're doomed.

dont know if STO showed you guys the shot, but that ball went right off the that lady's kneecap. NESN got an up-close, baseball stitches, swelling and all.

good call.

dont know if STO showed you guys the shot, but that ball went right off the that lady's kneecap. NESN got an up-close, baseball stitches, swelling and all.

good call.

They just said it
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom