All-encompassing Cleveland Indians thread. 46 days until Opening Day.

Last night I was going to ask, when do we start worrying about Santana?

Getting my answer tonight.

Last night I was going to ask, when do we start worrying about Santana?

Getting my answer tonight.

I've never been worried. Maybe a little bit about him as a catcher, but never, offensively.

He has the chance to be one of the better hitters in baseball, and even in a year where he's batting .225 (his first full season, and coming off the injury), he's shown plenty of that ability. His on-base is 120 points higher than his average, and he's on pace for 25 and 75. For a catcher, that's pretty great. In a "down" year, even better.

I've never been worried. Maybe a little bit about him as a catcher, but never, offensively.

He has the chance to be one of the better hitters in baseball, and even in a year where he's batting .225 (his first full season, and coming off the injury), he's shown plenty of that ability. His on-base is 120 points higher than his average, and he's on pace for 25 and 75. For a catcher, that's pretty great. In a "down" year, even better.

Me neither, it's just that BA has been ugly. Personally, I don't want him as a catcher, I'd move him permanently to 1st next year or soon after (LaPorta can kick rocks). I just hate the idea of having a great hitter playing behind the plate. Then again, he's probably going to command too much money for us by the time he'd break down anyway.

Me neither, it's just that BA has been ugly. Personally, I don't want him as a catcher, I'd move him permanently to 1st next year or soon after (LaPorta can kick rocks). I just hate the idea of having a great hitter playing behind the plate. Then again, he's probably going to command too much money for us by the time he'd break down anyway.

The Indians were very close to drafting Jacoby Ellsbury at No. 14 overall in the 2005 draft but instead opted for Trevor Crowe, according to Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com (via Twitter). So close, in fact, that team officials asked Ellsbury, a Native American, his feelings about the team's logo, the so-called Chief Wahoo.
Whoops.

The Indians were very close to drafting Jacoby Ellsbury at No. 14 overall in the 2005 draft but instead opted for Trevor Crowe, according to Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com (via Twitter). So close, in fact, that team officials asked Ellsbury, a Native American, his feelings about the team's logo, the so-called Chief Wahoo.
Whoops.

55-54.

3 back.

Jimenez debut tomorrow.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom