All of the compalining about a lack of durabuck got me googling

is it a certain type of durabuck that was trademarked or just the name? cuz i think nike never really stop'd using durabuck type in the first place. cool post but lets be real if nike wanted to they could produce or replicate any material they wanted too.

I'm not positive that it IS durabuck if the company that owned the patent/trademark to it lost it. If I remember correctly usually when they source a trademarked material there's a hang tag indicating the information about it on the shoe, like how the Clark Kent Dunk High Supreme from 2009 the lining was made from 3XDry; the shoes came with a tag indicating that. Same with Goretex, any time Nike uses the real deal there will usually be a small tab with the Goretex logo on it.

I'm not positive that it IS durabuck if the company that owned the patent/trademark to it lost it. If I remember correctly usually when they source a trademarked material there's a hang tag indicating the information about it on the shoe, like how the Clark Kent Dunk High Supreme from 2009 the lining was made from 3XDry; the shoes came with a tag indicating that. Same with Goretex, any time Nike uses the real deal there will usually be a small tab with the Goretex logo on it.

Originally Posted by Error on page

is it a certain type of durabuck that was trademarked or just the name? cuz i think nike never really stop'd using durabuck type in the first place. cool post but lets be real if nike wanted to they could produce or replicate any material they wanted too.

They could, but chances are when the original supply dried up and the company that made it stopped making it, Nike did a study to find out what materials they could use instead of the original. In the end it probably all boils down to them finding that using cheaper in house materials gave them a better profit margin than going through the expense of buying the trademark/patent from the original owner. 
Further digging shoes that the United States Shoe Corp was bought in 1995 by Luxottica Groups SpA. Since the 1980s the company had been moving away from shoe manufacturing/wholesale and into the glasses industry (they owned the Lenscrafters chain) so it would make since that now that once they were owned by a company that specializes in eyeware they would eventually shut down operations on making materials for shoes and things of that nature.

Originally Posted by Error on page

They could, but chances are when the original supply dried up and the company that made it stopped making it, Nike did a study to find out what materials they could use instead of the original. In the end it probably all boils down to them finding that using cheaper in house materials gave them a better profit margin than going through the expense of buying the trademark/patent from the original owner. 
Further digging shoes that the United States Shoe Corp was bought in 1995 by Luxottica Groups SpA. Since the 1980s the company had been moving away from shoe manufacturing/wholesale and into the glasses industry (they owned the Lenscrafters chain) so it would make since that now that once they were owned by a company that specializes in eyeware they would eventually shut down operations on making materials for shoes and things of that nature.

Originally Posted by Mr718

Mind = Blown
http://i55.tinypic.com/2d1ajag.gif src="http://i55.tinypic.com/2d1ajag.gif">

laugh.gif

Yeah didn't know that at all...

Originally Posted by j o 19

BUT THEY USED IT ON THE DMP VI'S ...NO?

They did, and that was not so long ago.   
And, how come Nike is able to use Durabuck, but Jordan Brand can't?  Doesn't make sense to me.  

They did, and that was not so long ago.   
And, how come Nike is able to use Durabuck, but Jordan Brand can't?  Doesn't make sense to me.  

OP, how much did Nike pay you to post this info?
wink.gif

I would tend to say that Nike isn't using these Durabuck based on the money they save using cheaper materials. That interview with Tinker kind of cleared things up w/respect to materials, he said they were going to use better materials so the shoes can actually "function" on the court as a performance shoe. When these shoes were made (OG) they used THE best materials because the Jordan was THE best basketball shoe you could buy. Now they (JB) see the retros as a fashion sneaker, with less attention given to the overall Quality and Performance. They are simply putting out a replica that people can wear with shorts and jeans. I mean I don't know how some of these dudes are even ballin' in these kicks, i.e. Cool Grey XI's.

OP, how much did Nike pay you to post this info?
wink.gif

I would tend to say that Nike isn't using these Durabuck based on the money they save using cheaper materials. That interview with Tinker kind of cleared things up w/respect to materials, he said they were going to use better materials so the shoes can actually "function" on the court as a performance shoe. When these shoes were made (OG) they used THE best materials because the Jordan was THE best basketball shoe you could buy. Now they (JB) see the retros as a fashion sneaker, with less attention given to the overall Quality and Performance. They are simply putting out a replica that people can wear with shorts and jeans. I mean I don't know how some of these dudes are even ballin' in these kicks, i.e. Cool Grey XI's.

Nah they can use it, it they're just being cheap. Durabuck is not that difficualt to obtain. Don't fall for this hype.

Check out the Orion blue 7 description on nikestore.com:

2wfl3c7.png

This shoe virtually has NO durabuck either, I don't know how they can get away with stating this.

They're just trying to save 0.75 cents on every shoe
grin.gif

Nah they can use it, it they're just being cheap. Durabuck is not that difficualt to obtain. Don't fall for this hype.

Check out the Orion blue 7 description on nikestore.com:

2wfl3c7.png

This shoe virtually has NO durabuck either, I don't know how they can get away with stating this.

They're just trying to save 0.75 cents on every shoe
grin.gif

DMP 6'S ARE NUBUCK, NOT DURABUCK SIR. WEARING MY PAIR AS I TYPE THIS....

AFTER THE HUGE DEBATE LAST YEAR IN MANY THREADS, PEOPLE ARE STILL CONFUSING NUBUCK, DURABUCK, AND SUEDE.

AFTER THE HUGE DEBATE LAST YEAR IN MANY THREADS, PEOPLE ARE STILL CONFUSING NUBUCK, DURABUCK, AND SUEDE.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Yeah, people like you.

Thank u for this... now ppl can just chill and forget abt the pass

Stay in school.

Yeah, people like you.

Thank u for this... now ppl can just chill and forget abt the pass

Stay in school.

My dude, you need to check them again 
laugh.gif

Pics for reference.....  Durabuck 

4861984677_34a5d0905e.jpg

aj6c.jpg

Suede 

air-jordan-6-black-red-hd-01.jpg

My dude, you need to check them again 
laugh.gif

Pics for reference.....  Durabuck 

4861984677_34a5d0905e.jpg

aj6c.jpg

Suede 

air-jordan-6-black-red-hd-01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom