All of the compalining about a lack of durabuck got me googling

I can tell you this, most people who have been doing this for years can spot with their eyes the difference between Durabuck, Nubuck and Suede, and can feel the difference blindfolded.

I can tell you this, most people who have been doing this for years can spot with their eyes the difference between Durabuck, Nubuck and Suede, and can feel the difference blindfolded.

Ppl , you need to let all the conspiracy theories go and realize one thing, Nike uses whatever material they want to when they want to..it really is that simple. The only time they put the best stuff out is when they have to convince ppl, and when is that? when you have something new and something never seen before, then you gotta give 110% to make the crowd happy. In the 80's and early 90's Nike wanted to show the world that they were No1! How did they manage to do so? by hiring the best designers ever, signing up with the top american athletes at the time and they were givin everything they had to make the consumers happy. That led them to where we are today. No sport brand can match Nike worldwide today, which means Nike doesnt have to prove a jack sh*t to you or me. They make Jordan retros , trainer retros etc with lower quality because they know ppl loved it back then and will buy whatever materials being used, just look at yourself , half of Niketalk cum in their pants as fast as they hear the words cement or infrared. Nike's just ridin the wave youre creatin and they will continue to do so as long as theyre able to.

Ppl , you need to let all the conspiracy theories go and realize one thing, Nike uses whatever material they want to when they want to..it really is that simple. The only time they put the best stuff out is when they have to convince ppl, and when is that? when you have something new and something never seen before, then you gotta give 110% to make the crowd happy. In the 80's and early 90's Nike wanted to show the world that they were No1! How did they manage to do so? by hiring the best designers ever, signing up with the top american athletes at the time and they were givin everything they had to make the consumers happy. That led them to where we are today. No sport brand can match Nike worldwide today, which means Nike doesnt have to prove a jack sh*t to you or me. They make Jordan retros , trainer retros etc with lower quality because they know ppl loved it back then and will buy whatever materials being used, just look at yourself , half of Niketalk cum in their pants as fast as they hear the words cement or infrared. Nike's just ridin the wave youre creatin and they will continue to do so as long as theyre able to.

Originally Posted by 843airmaestro

OP, how much did Nike pay you to post this info?
wink.gif

I would tend to say that Nike isn't using these Durabuck based on the money they save using cheaper materials. That interview with Tinker kind of cleared things up w/respect to materials, he said they were going to use better materials so the shoes can actually "function" on the court as a performance shoe. When these shoes were made (OG) they used THE best materials because the Jordan was THE best basketball shoe you could buy. Now they (JB) see the retros as a fashion sneaker, with less attention given to the overall Quality and Performance. They are simply putting out a replica that people can wear with shorts and jeans. I mean I don't know how some of these dudes are even ballin' in these kicks, i.e. Cool Grey XI's.

I wish I could get paid to sit around and post on forums (well I guess in a way I am since I'm at work at the moment); I was really just curious about why they switched materials and my office has the resources available to track down patent filings/trademark issues. 
As far as the NDC descriptions of the shoe, I often wonder what they're smoking when they put up the info. Quite a bit of the shoes end up not having anywhere near the type of material the write up says they do, this is especially true on popular retro releases/quickstrikes. 

wink.gif

I would tend to say that Nike isn't using these Durabuck based on the money they save using cheaper materials. That interview with Tinker kind of cleared things up w/respect to materials, he said they were going to use better materials so the shoes can actually "function" on the court as a performance shoe. When these shoes were made (OG) they used THE best materials because the Jordan was THE best basketball shoe you could buy. Now they (JB) see the retros as a fashion sneaker, with less attention given to the overall Quality and Performance. They are simply putting out a replica that people can wear with shorts and jeans. I mean I don't know how some of these dudes are even ballin' in these kicks, i.e. Cool Grey XI's.

I wish I could get paid to sit around and post on forums (well I guess in a way I am since I'm at work at the moment); I was really just curious about why they switched materials and my office has the resources available to track down patent filings/trademark issues. 
As far as the NDC descriptions of the shoe, I often wonder what they're smoking when they put up the info. Quite a bit of the shoes end up not having anywhere near the type of material the write up says they do, this is especially true on popular retro releases/quickstrikes. 

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Nah they can use it, it they're just being cheap. Durabuck is not that difficualt to obtain. Don't fall for this hype.

Check out the Orion blue 7 description on nikestore.com:

2wfl3c7.png

This shoe virtually has NO durabuck either, I don't know how they can get away with stating this.

They're just trying to save 0.75 cents on every shoe
grin.gif

NDC is too lazy to write multiple reviews. thats most likely the review for the bordeaux's. Bordeuaxs definitely seem to have durabuck by pix. the 6's had nubuck not suede. suede is a longer grain. Durabuck is the shortest grain than nubuck than suede. those 6's must've been sittin in a abandoned attic or sumthng. theres no reason they should look that bad.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Nah they can use it, it they're just being cheap. Durabuck is not that difficualt to obtain. Don't fall for this hype.

Check out the Orion blue 7 description on nikestore.com:

2wfl3c7.png

This shoe virtually has NO durabuck either, I don't know how they can get away with stating this.

They're just trying to save 0.75 cents on every shoe
grin.gif

NDC is too lazy to write multiple reviews. thats most likely the review for the bordeaux's. Bordeuaxs definitely seem to have durabuck by pix. the 6's had nubuck not suede. suede is a longer grain. Durabuck is the shortest grain than nubuck than suede. those 6's must've been sittin in a abandoned attic or sumthng. theres no reason they should look that bad.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by j o 19

BUT THEY USED IT ON THE DMP VI'S ...NO?

DMP 6'S ARE NUBUCK, NOT DURABUCK SIR. WEARING MY PAIR AS I TYPE THIS....

AFTER THE HUGE DEBATE LAST YEAR IN MANY THREADS, PEOPLE ARE STILL CONFUSING NUBUCK, DURABUCK, AND SUEDE.

My dude, you need to check them again 
laugh.gif

Pics for reference.....  Durabuck 

4861984677_34a5d0905e.jpg

aj6c.jpg

Suede 

air-jordan-6-black-red-hd-01.jpg

YOU DIDNT POST DMP'S.......WHICH IS WHAT I COMMENT ON.

I HAVE MY DMP 6'S ON RIGHT NOW AND THEY ARE NOT DURABUCK. THEY ARE NUBUCK. WILL COMPARE TO 2000 INFRAREDS WHEN I GET OFF WORK AND GET HOME TO DOUBLE CHECK BUT I'VE ALREADY COMPARED THE TWO AND THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

I'M SURE ANIMALTHUG WILL QUOTE ME TO TELL ME I'M WRONG WITH LIKE MOST MY POSTS THO
eyes.gif

EITHER WAY YOU GUYS CAN CONTINUE THE DEBATE. I'M DONE. DURABUCK, NUBUCK AND SUEDE, DOESN'T MATTER MUCH TO ME. I LIKE ALL 3 ANYWAY.   

Originally Posted by j o 19

BUT THEY USED IT ON THE DMP VI'S ...NO?

AFTER THE HUGE DEBATE LAST YEAR IN MANY THREADS, PEOPLE ARE STILL CONFUSING NUBUCK, DURABUCK, AND SUEDE.

laugh.gif

aj6c.jpg

Suede 

I HAVE MY DMP 6'S ON RIGHT NOW AND THEY ARE NOT DURABUCK. THEY ARE NUBUCK. WILL COMPARE TO 2000 INFRAREDS WHEN I GET OFF WORK AND GET HOME TO DOUBLE CHECK BUT I'VE ALREADY COMPARED THE TWO AND THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

I'M SURE ANIMALTHUG WILL QUOTE ME TO TELL ME I'M WRONG WITH LIKE MOST MY POSTS THO
eyes.gif

EITHER WAY YOU GUYS CAN CONTINUE THE DEBATE. I'M DONE. DURABUCK, NUBUCK AND SUEDE, DOESN'T MATTER MUCH TO ME. I LIKE ALL 3 ANYWAY.   

laugh.gif

aj6c.jpg

Suede 

eyes.gif

DMP=Defining moments package. there are three of these, the ones posted above with the XIs and the jordan 1 and 7 pack
CDP= the 6/17 package

infrared pack= blk/infra vi's and white/infra vi's

i'm assuming you mean the infrared pack, as you state you'll be comparing them to the 2000 retros

laugh.gif

aj6c.jpg

Suede 

eyes.gif

DMP=Defining moments package. there are three of these, the ones posted above with the XIs and the jordan 1 and 7 pack
CDP= the 6/17 package

infrared pack= blk/infra vi's and white/infra vi's

i'm assuming you mean the infrared pack, as you state you'll be comparing them to the 2000 retros

laugh.gif

aj6c.jpg

Suede 

eyes.gif

Dude, the DMPs are the GOLD VIs pictured first (also an XI in the pack), are you talking about the CDP's?

laugh.gif

aj6c.jpg

Suede 

eyes.gif

Dude, the DMPs are the GOLD VIs pictured first (also an XI in the pack), are you talking about the CDP's?

Originally Posted by mints

wink.gif

No I meant hiring you as part of a conspiracy to ease all of the broken Durabuck hearts in this thread. So if we buy in to what you are saying, then the notion of buying a retro that used to be Durabuck and is now a different material could be justified.

wink.gif

No I meant hiring you as part of a conspiracy to ease all of the broken Durabuck hearts in this thread. So if we buy in to what you are saying, then the notion of buying a retro that used to be Durabuck and is now a different material could be justified.

So did the recent black/columbia XII's use dura?

Those feel really good.

Smoother than babybutt.

So did the recent black/columbia XII's use dura?

Those feel really good.

Smoother than babybutt.

wink.gif

wink.gif

eyes.gif

We must be talking about different things, the ONLY DMP 6 are Black/Gold colorway, like the pic posted above. 
If you are referring to the Infrared Pack 6's, then those are still suede, not nubuck. 

If you are referring to the Carmine 6's, then those are Nubuck. 

Back
Top Bottom