All retro XIII prices will now be $170 up from $160

I honestly think the reason they're only retroing I-XIV is because those are an automatic sellout. They're not sure whether or not there's enough demand to retro XVI and up or if it's even worth the risk. As a business major, I've always learned one of the important thing one should not be afraid to do is to take risks and going back to the drawing board if you mess up.
I am 99% sure that if the XVII or XX were to get retroed, they will sell quite well.

Last edited:
I honestly think the reason they're only retroing I-XIV is because those are an automatic sellout. They're not sure whether or not there's enough demand to retro XVI and up or if it's even worth the risk. As a business major, I've always learned one of the important thing one should not be afraid to do is to take risks and going back to the drawing board if you mess up.
I am 99% sure that if the XVII or XX were to get retroed, they will sell quite well.
They won't retro J's after 14 because no one really cares about them. People only want the J's MJ played in. Nobody wants the sh**** Jordans released after he retired. They would have to make them super limited cause those joints would sit. I wouldn't dare by a Jordan after 14 with the exception of the XVII. It's just not happening and I know plenty of others that feel the same way. I don't buy that BS tech excuse for one second.

air-jordan-20-xx-quickstrike-whiteblack-varsity-red.jpg

If these didn't sit back then, damn sure they won't sit now.

Last edited:
Already knew jb was moving in this direction. Here's how I protest- stop buying. I'm already to the point where I refuse to pay for crap quality, shape, and materials. But don't worry, there will be plenty of other newbies to take my place.

this. i'm at the end of my rope. obviously. we could still "afford" to buy, but the line HAS to be drawn at some point. like someone else said, at least if the quality was there we could justify this madness.

i'm out in '13.

What model you talking about?
OG 13s were $150.

so ur saying they lowered the price for the 10s two years later?? i don't think so famb. not sure how old u are, but i remember copping my playoffs in '93 from shoe city here in bmore from reistertown road plaza (with my own money, mind u). they were like $136 after tax. :wink:

2ly022q.jpg

matters fact, sctratch everything i just said. for some odd reason i'm thinking about the 8s. carry on gentlemen.

Last edited:
Yea Silver boxes were $150. After 17 being $200, they were 175 for the 18's, them $180 19 up.

Last edited:
Seems JB is anxious to get their hands on a chunk of reseller profit as they obviously see the resale value of retros, but most heads know the time is running out.... very soon all popular colorways 1-14 will have been retroed once, others 2 and 3 times, and though the sneaker community is begging for quality and nike/air branding this will give them an initative to retro series 3 - 6 in all colorways for a crazy premium with the nike/air branding.  After that whats left????

Everyone keeps saying they cost to much to make... You all do know that all of these retros are nothing like the originals.... They are using cheaper everything but the price is still going up, So I could see a retro XVII missing alot of things with no suitcase going for over $200... Then on top of that JB is making two types of the same color of "limited" shoe, he drops the one with less quality first, saying is "limited" to get it to fly off the shelf... Then a few years later drops the same exact shoe with better quality as a GR.... Glad I started to collect other retros besides Jordans.....

Last edited:
Yea the quality has gone down but price has only gone up 20, I don't see a big deal, I still love jb with their retros, don't get me wrong, OGs are ay better quality but if there not up to 200 yet then I'm alright, at least it's not like lebrons now trying to retail for 250+, now that's just ridiculous, lebrons 10s look just like his 8s anyways and people will still pay.

Everyone keeps saying they cost to much to make... You all do know that all of these retros are nothing like the originals.... They are using cheaper everything but the price is still going up, So I could see a retro XVII missing alot of things with no suitcase going for over $200... Then on top of that JB is making two types of the same color of "limited" shoe, he drops the one with less quality first, saying is "limited" to get it to fly off the shelf... Then a few years later drops the same exact shoe with better quality as a GR.... Glad I started to collect other retros besides Jordans.....

The whole notion of 'collecting' retros or replicas is flawed. A collector seeks out an 'original' but that's an entirely different debate.

Let's just say that we all like shoes and we want to buy JB shoes but the price is not reflective of the quality.

Now I know the thread's discussion is about the 13s going up in price, but I'm assuming all other retros next year, will be $170 as well.

i had a feelings a price hike was coming.. but how they gonna go up $10 every year? and only $5 every XI release? 

Yea the quality has gone down but price has only gone up 20, I don't see a big deal, I still love jb with their retros, don't get me wrong, OGs are ay better quality but if there not up to 200 yet then I'm alright, at least it's not like lebrons now trying to retail for 250+, now that's just ridiculous, lebrons 10s look just like his 8s anyways and people will still pay.

yeah i don't condone either price hike, but Lebron has the newest and up to date technology. The Jordan XIII is 14 years old.

This is nothing new, we all know that even when JB increases the prices, they'll still fly off shelves, even if the quality is horrendous. People who stop buying J's, JB really doesn't care because there will always be someone to replace you. As long as they make money and keep seeing profit increase they'll just see how high the ceiling is for how much they can charge for crap quality.

Of course over the years the prices are bound to go up a little I don't mind that. But since we are paying more shouldn't we be getting better quality kicks.

Back
Top Bottom