All retro XIII prices will now be $170 up from $160

Eh... It's a business and none of us should be surprised by the hike.

Only get Jordan's at a discount, actually always have. Used to be a breeze, now, not so much. No discount, I don't buy. Passed on so much this past year, no damns were given.

I really want the IV's that are dropping but if I don't get them, I'll buy something else.

One minute its price then the next minute its quality...I don't even care no more....half these folks that buy them are going to resale them anyway...when it comes to sneakers and the internet i cant deal

Last edited:
price hikes are expected. it's just like paying rent or any other service or product.

I stopped buying Retros this year because of a $160 Retro 4. I can get an up to date Lebron or Kobe for half the price at Outlets.

Just for the record, the 04-05 retro XIII was also $150.
1998-2005, 7yrs, no price hike
2005-2013, 8yrs, extra $20
im just saying though :rolleyes

I know this is a different Jordan but I thought it was interesting...
Jordan 4's in
1989 retailed for $110
1999 retro 4's were $100
2006 retro 4's were $115
2012 retro 4's obviously at $160

got the retail prices for the '99 and '89
from
http://www.sneakerfiles.com/air-jordans/jordan-4/

Last edited:
$170 and they crease after one wear. :smh: I want to say i'm off that, but i love xiii's :lol:

Last edited:
Atleast the prices aint in the $200s like lebrons

I'm not a fan of LBJ pricing but at least his line up is current and Nike at least spends some money on R&D.

What sort of R&D do they spend on a 14 year old re-retro? Unless you count stripping away of technology and inclusion of cheaper materials R&D.

I'm not a fan of LBJ pricing but at least his line up is current and Nike at least spends some money on R&D.
What sort of R&D do they spend on a 14 year old re-retro? Unless you count stripping away of technology and inclusion of cheaper materials R&D.

More people need to understand this, and they want to complain on quality, like JB cares when they're still releasing new signature shoes annually.

I knew it would happen, as they already sold the AJ 11 2009 and 2010 retros were sold at 175 USD or Euros.
Not to mention that the original retail of the OG AJ 13 were higher than the OG AJ 11.
But I think I will quit collecting in 2013. Some AJ 1 and maybe one pair of AJ 8.

Right, and im not really worried about the XIII's but what does this mean for the other retros..... If XIII's are $170, how much will the next XI be after the breds drop....

Last edited:
There's only one XI left after the Breds. If they're $200 or so, I'll suck it up just to finish off the collection.

Last edited:
Ok, cool, so how much do you think a retro XVI or XVII will be... The original was $175 - $200...

XVI and XVII were and still are complex shoes - that's why you saw them bundled with the VII and VI respectively to recuperate the manufacturing costs. If at all they retro either of the aforementioned you can bet that they'll make them a limited release and keep the price well over $200+.

^ According to NightWing2303 (sneaker reviewer on youtube) the retros after 14 cost too much to retro.

JB would LOSE money, UNLESS they release less than 1,000 pairs and make retail well over $200.

I'm not buying it. Look at the Elites. I can only imagine how much the Lebrons cost to produce (kevlar reinforcement, Flywire, carbon fiber wrapped around the shoe). If they can give us that, there's no excuse for them not to give us anything after XIV.

Last edited:
^ True, but in a way it kinda makes a little sense, since we haven't seen a true retro (besides the cdp packs).

You couldn't argue that they are "too new".

Its been well over 10 years since they last released the XV.

Others have said that they are making so much money on 1-14, so they'll keep continuing on making money.

A few others have said that they may not sell out because Jordan didn't play in some models after the 14.

Idk, trying to make since of why they haven't came out.

I personally like the XVI, XVII, XVIII & XXIII.

They'll come back out, when JB tries to come up with a new gimmick (similar to the "established" and "since" collection with the AJ 1s) to get them to sell.

However, they can just come out with them and make them super exclusive, like online only, or release them similar to the Paranorman Foamposites.

Only time will tell, but until then, JB will keep cashing on what's selling, and now that's 1-14.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom