All Star Saturday: 8pm EST, TNT (Skills Challenge, Shooting Stars, 3-pt shootout, Dunk Contest)

Dwight - one of the best dunks of all time, pick any one of them.

Your reaching

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by MART1N PAYNE

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Who cares about blowing a candle, it was a prototypical dunk.

you ******, it's about the fact that dude got up in the air and stayed in the air long enough to blow the candle off of a pastry that was placed at the top of a basketball rim. it's unheard of, what the hell is wrong with you?
laugh.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
i can't stand when unathletic people act as if they can do a fraction of what real athletes can.

if it's anybody who should be roasted, it's rudy gay for jocking dwight howard and jamario moon for overestimating his own hops. moon thought he was gonna defy the laws of gravity in new orleans
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
!!*!, dude did a standard dunk that even Adonal Foylecould've pulled off blindfold. You can tell which dudes are remedial in here, foaming at the mouth while rocking a bib over a cupcake.

I said previously take out his superman play, the other 3 dunks were things we had never seen before, hell Green did the same exact (besides no shoes, whichfrom you guys comments is next to impossible, but has been done before
eyes.gif
)thing, TWICE, and not once at the beginning and once at the end, dude did them 1 right after the other
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SWOBOYdeHTEEZY

okstom.jpg

Eh...not impressed. I don't doubt that he could dunk that, but it still stands that he didn't...he threw the ball through the hoop.

*Waits for people to say I'm hating.

That was the point
indifferent.gif
. He's always saying im tall so i gottashow ppl that im jumping high.....he clearly did with that "dunk". I can't name many guys can throw the ball DOWN at the hoop with that muchforce, especially guys that tall.

The D12 hate is ridiculous.

Anyways, %@! wuz Rudy Gay thinking. Did he even watch the flight brothers tapes?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
. Any of those dunks would have gotten him into thefinals.

you ******, it's about the fact that dude got up in the air and stayed in the air long enough to blow the candle off of a pastry that was placed at the top of a basketball rim. it's unheard of, what the hell is wrong with you?
laugh.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
i can't stand when unathletic people act as if they can do a fraction of what real athletes can.

if it's anybody who should be roasted, it's rudy gay for jocking dwight howard and jamario moon for overestimating his own hops. moon thought he was gonna defy the laws of gravity in new orleans
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
!!*!, dude did a standard dunk that even Adonal Foyle could've pulled off blindfold. You can tell which dudes are remedial in here, foaming at the mouth while rocking a bib over a cupcake.
damn... you forced it with that Adonal Foyle statement
laugh.gif

WHATS NEXT HAVING A ****** ON YOUR BACK AND DUNKING THE BALL?
laugh.gif

GG had some nice dunks, but he had zero showmanship....definitely hurt his scores

Dunk or no dunk it's still difficult as hell to jump from where he did and to throw it through the hoop with that force

[magic] the dunk contest is BACK [magic]
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Man, I am really getting sick and tired of Magic saying "the dunk contest is back"

This year could have been the "official" dunk contest is back, coming out party, etc... But all the years before, he used it wayyyy too many times.
This year was much more entertaining than years previous, thats forsure.

laugh.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

eyes.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
!!*!, dude did a standard dunk that even Adonal Foyle could've pulled off blindfold. You can tell which dudes are remedial in here, foaming at the mouth while rocking a bib over a cupcake.
You don't know what you're talking about...

laugh.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

eyes.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

you're an idiot
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
dude's head was high enough near the rim to blow the candle off of acupcake that was placed at the top of a rim.
when have you ever seen somebody put something edible on or near a basketball hoop? ever in your life? that's the whole point. He did something out of theordinary, and his "two handed" dunk wasn't expected to be magnified because the dude had enough hang time to stay in the air and blow the candleoff of a cupcake that was on the rim. I mean, did you wake up and think this would even be a discussion? A bloody cupcake on a damn basketball rim? That'swhy you're a moron because you're downplaying the whole process that Green went through as if it's something that people see on the reg. the helloutta here bringing up adonal foyle in an all star saturday thread
laugh.gif
tired.gif

edit: and the two handed dunk was impressive, peepdude's elevation + hangtime. only true basketball afficianados as well as casual athletes can commend and respect that dunk. only an internet idiotexpecting to see some "IS IT THE SHOES/BOOMSHAKALAKA" NBA Jam dunks would hate on that dunk. I see you blowing on your Tournament Edition SNEScartridges
laugh.gif
tired.gif

DAMN! 63 pages already?!

My thoughts:

Shooting Stars - I thought there was no way San Antonio would win the twin towers so I didn't even consider them. Boy was I wrong, I'm still can'tbelieve they won...
It's all about the half-court shot. Chicago was in great position in the final, but they just couldn't hit it.

Skills Challenge - Perfect performance from Deron Williams in the final. Not much else to say, he didn't miss a pass or the jumper from the top.

Three Point Shootout - Richard Hamilton did better than I thought he would. He actually made quite a few, but he didn't hit the money balls and he steppedon the line a few times.
I was a bit disappointed by Peja and Dirk. I thought they would do better than they did. At the same time, I really didn't want Dirk to win.
I was impressed by Daniel Gibson. 17 in both rounds is very respectable for his first time.
I'm not surprised at all by Jason Kapono winning it. That was just a brilliant performance with 25 in the final round. That guy can shoot the ball!

Slam Dunk Contest - As Magic Johnson always says, the slam dunk contest is back!!!
Rudy Gay was impressive, but he just couldn't compete with Gerald Green and Dwight Howard
I was also impressed by Jomario Moon, but his downfall was putting the tape behind the foul line, it got the fans expected more than he could perform
Gerald Green was awesome. He got robbed on his first dunk, but after that his dunks were nice, but not creative enough to win it for him.
Not much needs to be said about Dwight Howard. I thought he was the least likely to win it, but I respected him for giving it another go. Incredibleperformance!

Jameer needs to get some love for that toss.
I was thinkin the same thing: that was a GREAT lob, he threw it before howard even reached the three point line!
eek.gif

Oh, yeah, Reggie Miller was soundin like a pure hater when he was on that "that's why we shouldn't let the fans vote" tip
indifferent.gif
part of thereason the events still exist is for fan participation, why shouldn't we get a say so. Comments like that shouldn't be said on the air.

Since the league wouldn't raise the rim for him, It would've been awesome if Dwight would've put the nerf rim at 12 feet, dunked a nerf ball andregular ball. The dunk he did was more athletic though.

The atmosphere after the superman dunk was fantastic. When they played the Superman theme, that proved that the entire building was supporting him.

Real talk, whoever compared that Superman dunk to the superman song was on point with that analogy: both lack what is traditionaly considered to be imprtant intheir respective act, but they were quite entertaining and fun... And I like both the song and the dunk
laugh.gif

Oh, yeah, Reggie Miller was soundin like a pure hater when he was on that "that's why we shouldn't let the fans vote" tip
indifferent.gif
part of the reason the events still exist is for fan participation, why shouldn't we get a say so. Comments like that shouldn't be said on the air.
Same fans that vote T-Mac to start in the AS game when he only plays half a season....Reggie has a point

People saying the cupcake dunk wasn't impressive are the same people saying Dwight's sticker dunk was the best ever last year. it's essentially thesame thing.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by SWOBOYdeHTEEZY

okstom.jpg

Eh...not impressed. I don't doubt that he could dunk that, but it still stands that he didn't...he threw the ball through the hoop.

*Waits for people to say I'm hating.

That was the point
indifferent.gif
. He's always saying im tall so i gotta show ppl that im jumping high.....he clearly did with that "dunk". I can't name many guys can throw the ball DOWN at the hoop with that much force, especially guys that tall.

The D12 hate is ridiculous.

Anyways, %@! wuz Rudy Gay thinking. Did he even watch the flight brothers tapes?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
. Any of those dunks would have gotten him into the finals.

laugh.gif
Nah, he meant to dunk it, he didn't, people slurped him upbecause they thought he dunked initially, then they saw that he didn't actually dunk, but they decided to slurp away anyway because he got really high in the air (for a tall guy). So, in the end,throwing the ball in the hoop =/= dunking, and this is a dunk contest. Sorry.
frown.gif

(I'm being called a hater...called it!
roll.gif
)

You know what's the funniest part of all these pages of argument, 95% of the people talking smack have not/never will dunk a basketball, PERIOD. If youhave never dunked a ball your comprehension of what it takes is totally skewed and some of your opinions will lack integrity. It's real easy to knock someof things d12 and GG did tonight but trust me, from a degree of diffculty aspect most of their dunks were flat out incredible, especially GG shoeless dunk.That GG dunk is probably the most difficult dunk any contestant tried tonight but it was skewed by the fact that most of the crowd and viewers have no ideawhat it takes to do that.

I can't believe all the hate on NT. All in all, it was a great night. I was a lot of fun to watch, and the hilarious commentary made it that much better.

dwights first dunk was the best of the night, idk what was better that or iggy's behind the backboard dunk 2 years ago

^ i disagree with that logic. i know how hard it is, because i can't even come close to dunking. never have and never will. that make it even moreimpressive to me.

Green's dunks weren't that bad, but i felt Dwight simply had better showmanship and just had the crowd on his side, as well as the TNT announcers. WhatDr. J said was on point

Originally Posted by fingerollin

You know what's the funniest part of all these pages of argument, 95% of the people talking smack have not/never will dunk a basketball, PERIOD. If you have never dunked a ball your comprehension of what it takes is totally skewed and some of your opinions will lack integrity. It's real easy to knock some of things d12 and GG did tonight but trust me, from a degree of diffculty aspect most of their dunks were flat out incredible, especially GG shoeless dunk. That GG dunk is probably the most difficult dunk any contestant tried tonight but it was skewed by the fact that most of the crowd and viewers have no idea what it takes to do that.

the dunk is part of it, but reaction, showmanship, performance count as well.

in most peoples eyes, he did the same dunk as before but without shoes. that doesn't impress anyone. if he didnt do it right after that last dunk, maybehe would have gotten a better score. its his own fault for putting a performance like he did.

and how are u gonna autograph the shoes and give it to the judges? they don't care about u......them knocking the shoes off the table proved that.

Back
Top Bottom