All Star Saturday: 8pm EST, TNT (Skills Challenge, Shooting Stars, 3-pt shootout, Dunk Contest)

You know what's the funniest part of all these pages of argument, 95% of the people talking smack have not/never will dunk a basketball, PERIOD.

I'm not included
pimp.gif

I didn't even get to see the "Superman Dunk", but the D. Howard won that competition by a mile. His dunks were Original, his first dunk in thefinal round was
eek.gif
, crazy creativity.

I liked the "Birthday Cake" Dunk, but Gerald Green should have saved that one, since his other dunks lacked creativity. The no shoes dunk is verydifficult, but not creative.

My thoughts on the evening (I was at my dude's house watching all of this):

- MY MAN DAVID ROBINSON!!!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

- Dwyane Wade embarrassed the CRAP out of his freaking self. I'm saying... dude is the worst Finals MVP of my lifetime. I dare you to call me a hater andback it up. I don't hate on dude and I don't hate dude... but I do think he's the worst Finals MVP of my lifetime.

- Kapono!!
eek.gif
eek.gif

- Nash.
eyes.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

- When Dwight Howard STARTED OFF with the dunk from behind the backboard, I knew it was a wrap.

- People saying 'It was wack because I've seen it before' are completely missing the point; completely. That's like saying your favorite menuitem at your restaurant is no longer your favorite item... because you've had it before.
laugh.gif

- Me? I had never seen anything Dwight did (or any of the other contestants), and I do that on purpose. I never click on links online that show previews ofwhat's going to happen in the dunk contest every year.

- I was SOOOOOOO thinking Dwight was going to kiss the rim to cap the night off for himself. The fact that he didn't leads me to believe that he'ssaving it for next year's arsenal. And I also think that he'll dunk a Nerf ball through that little backboard next year, and the little backboard willbe stuck to the TIP-TOP of the glass.
eek.gif

- I don't know what page it's on, but someone on here said that Dwight's dunks 'still aren't better than VC's dunks in 2000'; man,NO KIDDING!!!!
laugh.gif
VC's string of dunks in 2000 is the BEST string ofdunks in a dunk contest... EVER. Those 4 dunks he did will NEVER be topped. (360 + between the legs + baseline windmill) + (behind the backboard + through thelegs + windmill) + ( bounce pass from Tracy + between the legs) + (stick your forearm IN THE RIM) = best combo of dunks in a dunk contest EVER.

What Dwight did tonight was freaking SPECTACULAR, but no; it's nowhere near what Half-A-Man, Half-A-Season Mazing did in 2000... but I didn't know Dwight was battling the 2000 Vince Carter dunk arsenal.
nerd.gif

And that 'rebound-tip-putback' dunk was his best of the night.
HTTB:
laugh.gif
@The haters.

There are always haters after a dunk contest.
laugh.gif

I don't get how you can pretend what Dwight did wasn't amazing.
EXACTLY.
bobby24K:
hell I've seen dudes down here at UF dunk with no shoes on before, so it isn't like it can't be done or no one has ever seen it before. All of D12's dunks were things we have never seen before.
Spot Rusherz:
You've never seen a ___' do a LAY-UP? Yea those 2 dunks were hot
pimp.gif
...but other than that...his lay-up was garbagio
laugh.gif

Lay-up?

LAY-UP??!?!

LAY-UP?!

I have seen a lot of basketball in my life, and I have never, EVER seen a lay-up where the ball comes out of the shooters hand and goes DOWN.

How can the ball come out of your hand and go DOWN on a lay-UP?

I'm not saying he completely dunked it, but you have to be plumb-drunk-stupid if you call THAT a lay-up.

And no, I have no explanation for what 'plumb-drunk-stupid' means, but that's exactly how shocked I would be at someone calling that a lay-up; Iwould be shocked beyond explanation.

Some of Yall are hatin on Howard

he put on a show tonight

and then,

someone saying they've seen people dunk without shoes on...

OK???

How about between the legs.....

dwight is so funny.. superman outfit was the funniest thing i've ever seen!

and nash? hahaha I still think he's the best shooter in the league tho.
pimp.gif

Even though Dwight's "dunk" was technically him throwing it in, it's still something incredibly unique that we've never seen before... heput on a cape and pretended to be Superman, and for me... that was entertaining and I enjoyed it and that's what it's all about.

The other dunks he did were amazing and deserved him to win as well as his Superman "dunk". Gerald Green's dunk was impressive barefoot, but healso did that dunk earlier, so it wasn't as nice as perhaps another dunk if he had done it without shoes on. The cupcake one was pretty awesome too, but itwasn't enough to beat Dwight in my opinion.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

bobby24K:
hell I've seen dudes down here at UF dunk with no shoes on before, so it isn't like it can't be done or no one has ever seen it before. All of D12's dunks were things we have never seen before.
Spot Rusherz:
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Lay-up?

LAY-UP??!?!

LAY-UP?!

I have seen a lot of basketball in my life, and I have never, EVER seen a lay-up where the ball comes out of the shooters hand and goes DOWN.

I'm not saying he completely dunked it, but you have to be plumb-drunk-stupid if you call THAT a lay-up.

And no, I have no explanation for what 'plumb-drunk-stupid' means, but that's exactly how shocked I would be at someone calling that a lay-up; I would be shocked beyond explanation.

Ok...it wasn't quite a Lay-Up...but it DEFINITELY wasn't a dunk...

If you think this is a dunk

Then you are
plumb-drunk-stupid

Spot Rusherz:
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
me:
Lay-up?

LAY-UP??!?!

LAY-UP?!

And no, I have no explanation for what 'plumb-drunk-stupid' means, but that's exactly how shocked I would be at someone calling that a lay-up; I would be shocked beyond explanation.
Spot Rusherz:
Ok...it wasn't quite a Lay-Up...but it DEFINITELY wasn't a dunk...
If you think this is a dunk

Then you are
plumb-drunk-stupid

Agreed.

Not a dunk, but not a lay-up.

But also not unimpressive.

Because he didn't ACTUALLY dunk it, I would call that his worst of the night, with his best being the 'putback-tip dunk' thing he did.

#1. Putback off the glass
#2. Started from behind the backboard
#3. The final one, grabbing the ball and windmilling
#4. The controversial Superman

Does nobody else think that he tried to go as horizontal as he possibly could to get that dunk off, therefore making it the only option to throw it in...

Horizontal - more like Superman.

Dwight
pimp.gif

I also just got home from watching the Events from my friend's house.

- I didn't think the Spurs would win BUT Becky.....
pimp.gif

- Didn't think anyone would challenge Kapono he's just on some other !$!@ right now, I just hope Ford gets backsoon so he can benefit from having 2 quality PG's to work with.

As for the SD Contest:

- I wanted the finals to be Moon vs. Howard (I've never been a fan of Gerald Green)
- Green scores we're too high IMO
- D12 deserved to win and brought the performance with the charisma and flair the event needed tonight.
- I was just watching an interview they did with Moon and he changed his last dunk @ the last minute, originally it was suppose to be him SOLO doing that dunk from the tape but since he had to have an assisted dunk he got Kapono to do it.

No Practice = FAIL

But he did say he's done that dunk a few times.

MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- This was the first SD Contest in years that for the most part ALL the dunks were completed on very fewattempts and !$!@ moved smoothly, combine that with what D12 did made it a solid night.

Magic needs to shut up, every year he says it's back and next seasonw hen it gets close to ASW they'll complain about !$!@ being stale.

Dwight Howard shut it down...NO CONTEST.

but I really wanted to see the kiss the rim dunk for the last one...

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

I also just got home from watching the Events from my friend's house.

- I didn't think the Spurs would win BUT Becky.....
pimp.gif

TD was showin off his shooting skills, he nailed the 3 on the first try and almost nailed the half court on the first try

Dwight had some dope dunks, but that non-dunk should not have been a 50 but it was indeed hilairious
laugh.gif
style points for the cape, but come on.. G. green dunked between the legs with no shoes
nerd.gif

overall a dope dunk contest, better than recent years IMO.

yea....dwight throwing that one in took away some of the gusto for me...its was still type ill tho....and the rest of his dunks were nice as well

ac9ed4ced73952439cef05f7e9a9b543-getty-79624292ds045_slam_dunk.jpg

Looks like Dwight is TJ's favorite player now.
laugh.gif

Great contest. Hell of a night.

Props to Dwight.

What happened to Gerald's 540 dunk off of a vertical leap? Dude said that he'd start off with it...
nerd.gif

on a side note, I was really disappointed with Rudy Gay
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom