All Star Saturday: 8pm EST, TNT (Skills Challenge, Shooting Stars, 3-pt shootout, Dunk Contest)

First thing i was thinking is "Howard didn't even touch the rim, did he?"..........Why is this being considered the best "dunk" ever?If I was giving rulings at that contest I would have had him do it over, but it was basically a shot, not a dunk. Also, that under the leg with no shoes wasone of the most DIFFICULT dunks in there....not flashy, difficult. Ever walk around after basketball practice with no shoes? It feels like your vertical is cutin half.

if its not a dunk or a layup.......i propose for it to be called.....a slam-down? drop down?

he still threw it down...like a dunk.

loved the dunk contest. disappointed in rudy gay though. and gerald green when he went between the legs 2 times. oh and that dwight howard superman dunk/layupshouldn't of counted.

D12 was good. His last "dunk" was controversial to those who are too obsessed with it.

Relax, the crowd was happy, Stern was probably happy.. it was a great night.

Having said that..

Vince in 2000 is still IMO the best SDC.

Most overrated performance ever. The super man was creative, but it wasn't even a clean dunk.

I was hoping for kissing the rim.
frown.gif

Oh well, good stuff tonight.

Rudy Gay was horrible...

GG should have did the between leg dunk w/o shoes before he did the over the back board between the legs...hell...he should have combined both and made it toone dunk...why would you do the same dunk twice?

DH shoulda did the kiss the rim dunk...

gerald greens birthday cake dunk was
pimp.gif
. i cant believe dude did that. D howard should have put that small hoop up to 12 so he could show people that he canreally dunk on 12. that would have been awesome!

i didn't expect this year's slam dunk going to be this tight! dwight's dunks are better than vince imo
smokin.gif

I was sad to see how unimpressed everyone was at Green's barefoot dunk, I guess the guy thought that more people knew that dunking barefoot was hard.

dwight's dunks are better than vince imo

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
you realize you are talking about the GOAT dunks right there?

its a shame that people underestimated Gerald Green. that cupcake dunk should have been a 50 for the skill and creativity required. if Dwight did that dunk,you KNOW they would have given him a 50 even though it'd be easier for him to do it. he had the hype going for him.

but thats part of the dunk contest, i guess. whoever can win over the audience the most deserves to win.

^yea seriously, I couldnt even picture me touching the rim with my shoes off, let alone somebody going between-the-legs...Green autographed his shoes, andDawkins kicked them off the table...the most underrated funny moment of the night...

and the camera angles for the night was $@@@!+% horrible, what the hell was they thinking....pretty much every dunk that night, nobody really got to see whathappened until the replay

if you didnt see in the other thread, here's the vid of Lebron pushing off Moon to get in the limelight...

eyes.gif

Howard's dunks are not better than VC's but VC's are not better than JRich's either. Anybody that doubts this statement, youtube is yourfriend.

COOK # 45
get fit.

the superman thing was cool but was it a dunk?

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

I was sad to see how unimpressed everyone was at Green's barefoot dunk, I guess the guy thought that more people knew that dunking barefoot was hard.
Its not that it was unimpresive...but with everything that went on that night to have that as your last dunk was a mistake. He should have maybe savedthe birthday cake dunk.

Forgot to say last night that I love these two pics:

ac9ed4ced73952439cef05f7e9a9b543-getty-79624292ds045_slam_dunk.jpg

2f207a21632a9195616d9e99df4c09bb-getty-79624292cc007_sprite_slam_d.jpg

And this is freaking hilarious:
NothingToL0se:
By popular demand...i give you SUPERMAN
2rz5g77.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Well done.
pimp.gif

dwight's dunks are better than vince imo
LOL

This dunk contest was all props and gimmicks. It was fun, but no way are most of those moves innovative or all that impressive. It's not the actual dunkthat's getting the votes, but the costumes, cupcakes, midgets, bearded ladies, etc. that are getting people interested. It was ok.

^ See, that's the thing; I thought the cupcake dunk was stupid, because without the cupcake, it wasn't all that impressive by today's standards.

I'm not a gimmick guy at all, and I said that when dude brought out a freaking cupcake.

But Dwight's controversial 'Superman'? Take away the cake, and that was still CRAZY. Where he took off from and how high he got was CRAZY.

That cupcake dunk was one of the least impressive things I'd ever seen in a dunk contest.

^^ Then you got to look down on Howard's dunk with the little basketball hoop holding the ball. That was nothing more than having somebody hold it up thereand grabbing it out of their hands, or even just tossing it up, but he used a gimmick and set it in a hoop. Everyone in that contest and most of the NBA couldhave done that dunk.

^ I said earlier that I thought that was his second worst, because the dunk BY ITSELF... take away the gimmick (the mini-hoop) and just take the actual dunk...not that impressive by today's standards.

And the only reason I wouldn't call that his worst of the night was because I have to call his controversial 'Superman throw down' his worst of thenight, since he didn't ACTUALLY dunk it. I t was still 9 kinds of impressive, but since he didn't actually dunk the basketball in, I have to call thathis worst.

And the mini-hoop was his second worst.

I don't mind all of the theatrics, gimmicks, bearded ladies, and midgets so long as the actual dunk is
eek.gif

If you want to do a between the legs + free throw line dunk in a business suit and no shoes, buddy... knock yourself out. But my
eek.gif
will have everything todo with the actual dunk you just did: a between the legs free throw line dunk. The business suit and no shoes foolishness will just make it look better; itwon't make your dunk any more or any less spectacular, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom