All Star Saturday: 8pm EST, TNT (Skills Challenge, Shooting Stars, 3-pt shootout, Dunk Contest)

same could be said for mccants on the ladder then.

and no everyone in the nba could not do that dunk.

ok so take away the superman. (even tho it was the best part of the night)

the double alley and the windmill off the back of the backboard were redonk and very innovative with no gimmicks.

edit**

no shoes wasnt a gimmick. it made that dunk veeeerry hard.

he dunked in socks. SLIPPERYASS SOCKS on a hardwood floor.

i honestly thought he was going to fall down and get injured just running up to the takeoff.

I'm not a gimmick guy at all, and I said that when dude brought out a freaking cupcake.

Howard put on a cape
laugh.gif
...that %%$% was wack

dwight's dunks are better than vince imo

One of the dumbest things i've ever heard in my life
roll.gif
roll.gif

There are some seriously salty people in here.

You do not have to touch the rim to dunk.

A dunk is a ball forced downwards towards the rim.

Seriously, you guys are salty.

^^^i agree, howard and green are athletic freaks, can't we just appreciate the show they put on, how many of us can get as high as DH did, or blow out acandle b/f slammin or dunk between the legs w/o shoes on like GGREEN did?

The announcing between Kevin Harlan, Charles Barkely, Kenny Smith & Reggie Miller was real entertaining last night. Their humor/laughter is contagious.

1. I've dunked in my socks before and it was just a basic 2 hand 2 foot dunk, no way could I have done the things I do w/ shoes on. Not only am I impressedw/ Green's dunk, I'm officially hatin on dude for that one(because I can't do it).

2. All of the contestants in the SD contest can get high enough to throw the ball down through the hoop, but they don't, they understand you should DUNK ina DUNK contest. I don't think D12 intended to throw it in, he went to dunk but was too far from the rim. Am I impressed, yup, but I don't think itshould' ve been counted as a dunk attempt and he should' ve had to continue until dunked or the 2 mins. ran out.

Bottom Line: I would' ve finished in 5th place last night.

Sports fans are completely ******ed. Its one of the few times when grown men revert to little children with the most immature remarks. Cats still arguing overthe damn superman dunk. Shut the hell up.

So according to NT's reasoning, if Moon would have taken off from 2 feet behind the free line like he marked out....and took off with the ball.....if hewould have gotten within a foot of the rim and just fired the ball through like Howard, you would give him that dunk and go nuts? No way. That's exactlywhat Howard did. Moon could probably jump 3 feet behind the line and throw the ball at the rim and make it. He. Did. Not. Dunk. The. Ball.

i still can't believe ska and others are still trying to downplay the cupcake dunk. how many people can get their head up at the rim with enough hangtimeto blow out a candle and dunk??

if Dwight Howard did that dunk, he would have gotten a 50 EASY and you all know it. he had the hype machine going for him and Green didn't

Gerald was too shy. if he turned to the crowd and started waving his hands before he did it, he would have gotten more of a reaction from the crowds and thejudges.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ See, that's the thing; I thought the cupcake dunk was stupid, because without the cupcake, it wasn't all that impressive by today's standards.

I'm not a gimmick guy at all, and I said that when dude brought out a freaking cupcake.

But Dwight's controversial 'Superman'? Take away the cake, and that was still CRAZY. Where he took off from and how high he got was CRAZY.

That cupcake dunk was one of the least impressive things I'd ever seen in a dunk contest.

Hell naw, that cupcake dunk was COOL!!!

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

bobby24K:
hell I've seen dudes down here at UF dunk with no shoes on before, so it isn't like it can't be done or no one has ever seen it before. All of D12's dunks were things we have never seen before.
Spot Rusherz:
You've never seen a ___' do a LAY-UP? Yea those 2 dunks were hot
pimp.gif
...but other than that...his lay-up was garbagio
laugh.gif
Lay-up?

LAY-UP??!?!

LAY-UP?!

I have seen a lot of basketball in my life, and I have never, EVER seen a lay-up where the ball comes out of the shooters hand and goes DOWN.

How can the ball come out of your hand and go DOWN on a lay-UP?

How can the ball come out of your hand and go DOWN on a lay-UP?

I'm not saying he completely dunked it, but you have to be plumb-drunk-stupid if you call THAT a lay-up.

And no, I have no explanation for what 'plumb-drunk-stupid' means, but that's exactly how shocked I would be at someone calling that a lay-up; I would be shocked beyond explanation.

Ok...it wasn't quite a Lay-Up...but it DEFINITELY wasn't a dunk...

If you think this is a dunk

Then you are
plumb-drunk-stupid

you my friend.. must have never seen space jam.

that is the FIRST thing i thought of after seeing it. he looked just like mike did at the end of space jam.

DH's dunks were amazing. add dude to the top dunkers of all time cause son def. stepped the bar up for the slam dunk contest.

we need to have an ESPN slam dunk history special now, with jordan, VC, DH, D. Wilkins, and Dr. J himself on it. craziness

Originally Posted by 4fitness

Howard's dunks are not better than VC's but VC's are not better than JRich's either. Anybody that doubts this statement, youtube is your friend.

COOK # 45
get fit.

the superman thing was cool but was it a dunk?

wait wait wait. VC's dunks arent better than JRighes?

if it werent for VC, that Under the leg dunk wouldnt be as popular as it is today. Jrich owes homage to VC. they dont call him half man half amazing fornothing.

i dont need youtube to back up my statements because all i needed was to see them the first times they did them on TV.

some dudes just dont understand how great a dunk is the FIRST time its brought in all of its amazing glory. after 500 videos and contests after its beendone, it loses its affect.

if someone were to dunk from the free throw line now would it be as amazing to you as when jordan or Dr. J did it? no, because we have seen it before. sureits gonna make you go
eek.gif
, but at the same time youre gonna think "damnhe looks like jordan out there".

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

i still can't believe ska and others are still trying to downplay the cupcake dunk. how many people can get their head up at the rim with enough hangtime to blow out a candle and dunk??

if Dwight Howard did that dunk, he would have gotten a 50 EASY and you all know it. he had the hype machine going for him and Green didn't

Gerald was too shy. if he turned to the crowd and started waving his hands before he did it, he would have gotten more of a reaction from the crowds and the judges.
I am with you...Not many bro. I can dunk.....I could never come close to doing that unless I hung on the rim and did a chin up and blew the candle out.Last nights contest was great. period.

if dwight had mcgrady's or garnett's arm length, that would have been a true dunk. nevertheless, it was
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

i still can't believe ska and others are still trying to downplay the cupcake dunk. how many people can get their head up at the rim with enough hangtime to blow out a candle and dunk??

Gerald was too shy. if he turned to the crowd and started waving his hands before he did it, he would have gotten more of a reaction from the crowds and the judges.
I am with you...Not many bro. I can dunk.....I could never come close to doing that unless I hung on the rim and did a chin up and blew the candle out. Last nights contest was great. period.

but on a side note, you have to factor in physical ability.
sure he can jump HIGH, but can he add in the extra bells and whistles?
take a 360 windmill for example... do you know how hard a 360 windmill is to pull off? sure its easy if youre a 6'7 NBA super star, but to even get thatfar it takes alot of physical ability. the ability to rotate your arm back, lift your legs back and then reverse it all back in motion and pull off a cradledunk. that stuff isnt easy. so to give dude all these amazing "props" for blowing out a cupcake really needs to slow down, because although it was agreat dunk, DH also did something very similar to that before with the whole sticker on the backboard move.

i mean come on, all he really did was just jump high.. and we've seen dudes jump that high before. just like with the under the leg dunk... its the samedunk... just in different variations...

if he wanted to, DH could have done that same cupcake move right after and it would have shown how basic the dunk really was.

i mean come on, all he really did was just jump high

then how is it different from the Superman "dunk"??? isnt that EXACTLY what Dwight did?

and dont say we've never seen someone jump that high before, there are guys 6-8 inches shorter than Dwight who have gotten their heads at the rim just ashigh as Dwight did.

Back
Top Bottom