Allen Iverson came through Turkey with that rock star swag.

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by Mogulson

AI is the idol to this current generation of stars.

Stop it...
roll.gif
he's not lying though.....ask any young player in the league and 11 times out of 10 they'll say they looked up to AI as a kid

Out of Kobe, Jordan, Charles Barkley, Kevin Garnett, Patrick Ewing, etc. you're telling me that they looked up to AI?? Really???

Stop it...
roll.gif
he's not lying though.....ask any young player in the league and 11 times out of 10 they'll say they looked up to AI as a kid

Out of Kobe, Jordan, Charles Barkley, Kevin Garnett, Patrick Ewing, etc. you're telling me that they looked up to AI?? Really???

Stop it...
roll.gif
Thank you. All the top players right now are 20-23 and they grew up in the early 2000's when AI was murking people on the court and everyone knows that AI changed the game for everyone.
lets not forgot back in the late 90s with the reebok commercials dudes was on the court in playgrounds tryna copy him word to

Stop it...
roll.gif
Thank you. All the top players right now are 20-23 and they grew up in the early 2000's when AI was murking people on the court and everyone knows that AI changed the game for everyone.
lets not forgot back in the late 90s with the reebok commercials dudes was on the court in playgrounds tryna copy him word to

Stop it...
roll.gif

SON who the hell would look up to Ewing before AI
laugh.gif
and i grew up in NY btw
edit-the fact that you had to edit your post lets me know you're just talking out your #%+$

Stop it...
roll.gif

SON who the hell would look up to Ewing before AI
laugh.gif
and i grew up in NY btw
edit-the fact that you had to edit your post lets me know you're just talking out your #%+$

If you a hood dude growing up in the 98-04. Then yeah A.I. was the most looked up to. He was relateable.

He was like the flashy drug dealer you saw when you was growing up to the NBA stars of now. Of course you saw the 9-5 dude going to work in a suit and drove a nice family town car. But A.I. went to work in a throwback jersey, du-rag and a fitted, drove in a topless Hummer with 38'' inch rims.

Teenagers growing up at that time playing ball wanted to shake dudes for 24 seconds cause Iverson was doing it. He was one of the first to do the cornrolls in the NBA. But was probably the #1 reason it became so popular.

If you a hood dude growing up in the 98-04. Then yeah A.I. was the most looked up to. He was relateable.

He was like the flashy drug dealer you saw when you was growing up to the NBA stars of now. Of course you saw the 9-5 dude going to work in a suit and drove a nice family town car. But A.I. went to work in a throwback jersey, du-rag and a fitted, drove in a topless Hummer with 38'' inch rims.

Teenagers growing up at that time playing ball wanted to shake dudes for 24 seconds cause Iverson was doing it. He was one of the first to do the cornrolls in the NBA. But was probably the #1 reason it became so popular.

My dude should still be in the nba but I wish him the best of luck in Turkey.

Im sure the nba will be keeping tabs on him while hes over there, who knows he can end back in the league. I hate to see future hall of famers retire without a ring.

My dude should still be in the nba but I wish him the best of luck in Turkey.

Im sure the nba will be keeping tabs on him while hes over there, who knows he can end back in the league. I hate to see future hall of famers retire without a ring.

Okay, and what about Kobe or Jordan...???
laugh.gif
one is the greatest player ever and the other is the best active player, yet AI's name is still mentioned with the two
/thread

laugh.gif
one is the greatest player ever and the other is the best active player, yet AI's name is still mentioned with the two
/thread

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Anyone know what his contracts like over there?
im not too sure how many years but i think its 4 mill for 1 year or 2

According to terms of the deal which have already been agreed upon, Iverson will receive $1.5 - $2 million, including bonuses and a percentage of advertising revenues) and he requested a luxury car, a villa, and to be paid every week, as opposed to every month.

The one snag is that Iverson requested that the team can't fine him beyond 1% of the salary.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Anyone know what his contracts like over there?
im not too sure how many years but i think its 4 mill for 1 year or 2

According to terms of the deal which have already been agreed upon, Iverson will receive $1.5 - $2 million, including bonuses and a percentage of advertising revenues) and he requested a luxury car, a villa, and to be paid every week, as opposed to every month.

The one snag is that Iverson requested that the team can't fine him beyond 1% of the salary.

pimp.gif

I'm not talking @%$* out my +%$. I actually didn't think before I decided to post, which is why I edited. I'm not denying there are players that look up to AI, but you can't tell me that the young players these days in the NBA aren't looking up to Kobe or Jordan over AI.

I'm not talking @%$* out my +%$. I actually didn't think before I decided to post, which is why I edited. I'm not denying there are players that look up to AI, but you can't tell me that the young players these days in the NBA aren't looking up to Kobe or Jordan over AI.

Damn right, he was the #1 pick in 96'(kobe wasn't) and my favorite player until 2003. He was the strongest bond between the hip-hop culture and the nba. The league wears suits now because iverson had the whole league thugged out. If you had braids, you wanted the iverson joints because his were always the freshest. The crossover revolution was revitalized through A.I.(and And1.) In 97-98, i wanted a pair of iverson's more than jordans.

Damn right, he was the #1 pick in 96'(kobe wasn't) and my favorite player until 2003. He was the strongest bond between the hip-hop culture and the nba. The league wears suits now because iverson had the whole league thugged out. If you had braids, you wanted the iverson joints because his were always the freshest. The crossover revolution was revitalized through A.I.(and And1.) In 97-98, i wanted a pair of iverson's more than jordans.

laugh.gif
/thread
Exactly!

Iverson Rules > Jordan rules

Spoiler [+]
Dress code and Zone defense

who was wearing shooting sleeves before AI
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
/thread
Exactly!

Iverson Rules > Jordan rules

Spoiler [+]
Dress code and Zone defense

who was wearing shooting sleeves before AI
nerd.gif

People that hate on Iverson are stupid
laugh.gif

Nothing you say will change this mans legacy. He will go down as one of the best to ever do it, and that's a fact. And most definitely one of the most influential and iconic

Back
Top Bottom