Almost 3 months in and i gotta say...working at footlocker is awesome.

Originally Posted by fittednoob

Originally Posted by JustTheTip

its realy fun being around shoes and u learn a lot of stuff.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

Originally Posted by Treb2k5

It's just a shoe store.

Nothing exciting, unless you're 17 & think you're cool, 'cause of the shoes you can get.

Worked at FNL for 2 years...being around shoes all the time killed the shoe "game" for me.

Find a better job.
Why you trying to crush my dude's spirit though?
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
 son's still young.

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

Originally Posted by Treb2k5

It's just a shoe store.

Nothing exciting, unless you're 17 & think you're cool, 'cause of the shoes you can get.

Worked at FNL for 2 years...being around shoes all the time killed the shoe "game" for me.

Find a better job.
Why you trying to crush my dude's spirit though?
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
 son's still young.

Originally Posted by bamez

You do learn a lot tho. Color codes for shoes, which Timberland boots Hispanics like, which Pumas Europeans like, how to paperfold shirts, hang shorts, ring a cash register, arrange the shoe wall different seasons, what new music videos are out and being played at the store.

Lots to learn.

laugh.gif
Well played.

Originally Posted by bamez

You do learn a lot tho. Color codes for shoes, which Timberland boots Hispanics like, which Pumas Europeans like, how to paperfold shirts, hang shorts, ring a cash register, arrange the shoe wall different seasons, what new music videos are out and being played at the store.

Lots to learn.

laugh.gif
Well played.

OP, I can appreciate the fact that you're at least looking to make the move up. It's a clear indication whatever career path you take, you're aspiring to go further.

OP, I can appreciate the fact that you're at least looking to make the move up. It's a clear indication whatever career path you take, you're aspiring to go further.

i work at footlocker part time. i can barely stand it anymore, just there for the discount. You kind of get to the point where you start to hate people, every shift it's different people asking the same dumb questions. or different kids coming in to try stuff on without buying anything. You got to understand kid, when you're young it's an awesome job to have part time, but as you get older you'll realize how much money is out there to be made. I work maybe once a week there if that, and the entire time i'm just waiting for the shift to be over, and i like my co workers too! lol

i work at footlocker part time. i can barely stand it anymore, just there for the discount. You kind of get to the point where you start to hate people, every shift it's different people asking the same dumb questions. or different kids coming in to try stuff on without buying anything. You got to understand kid, when you're young it's an awesome job to have part time, but as you get older you'll realize how much money is out there to be made. I work maybe once a week there if that, and the entire time i'm just waiting for the shift to be over, and i like my co workers too! lol

Originally Posted by getmoneyforever

Originally Posted by revirxreab

Footlocker is a good job depending on who your manager and co workers are .

But the thing i hate is how they try to get you to sell unrealistic amounts of BS such as cleaners ETC ETC ETC . You can only do so much , and i have been with the company since around 07.

Its a good part time hustle where you can slang your 50 on the EA's but everything else aint all gravy man , wait till you get bumped to a Sales lead and they try to get you to do everything a store
manager does for 8.25 an hour .
I worked at Finishline for 2 years they always want you to sell shoe cleaners....nobody is buying that @+#*
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by getmoneyforever

Originally Posted by revirxreab

Footlocker is a good job depending on who your manager and co workers are .

But the thing i hate is how they try to get you to sell unrealistic amounts of BS such as cleaners ETC ETC ETC . You can only do so much , and i have been with the company since around 07.

Its a good part time hustle where you can slang your 50 on the EA's but everything else aint all gravy man , wait till you get bumped to a Sales lead and they try to get you to do everything a store
manager does for 8.25 an hour .
I worked at Finishline for 2 years they always want you to sell shoe cleaners....nobody is buying that @+#*
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

where u at OP, like what location you work at?

cause i mean if ur in the middle of idaho or sumthin & ur the only one who "knows" anything about sneakers of course ull be the top salesman

where u at OP, like what location you work at?

cause i mean if ur in the middle of idaho or sumthin & ur the only one who "knows" anything about sneakers of course ull be the top salesman

your a young dude that likes shoes and has no real financial responsbilities to worry about, so this job to you is the equal to a fat dude working at an all you can eat buffet.

your ambition is a good thing and will do you alot of good in the real world in a real job if you maintain that trait.

but as everyones said, you'll get tired of the footlocker job once you see the b.s and politics. your numbers may be good but to the dm and corporate your just seen as an expendable replacable number regardless of how hard you work. just take care of school and make that your main priority, alot of these managers in the company have only a high school diploma at best and no sort of college education so this is the highest window job wise for them and some of them will expect you to have the same mindset and put work over school. have fun at work and make the most of it but remember this is a job for you, not a career, learn from it but don't make footlocker become your life like some employees do.

your a young dude that likes shoes and has no real financial responsbilities to worry about, so this job to you is the equal to a fat dude working at an all you can eat buffet.

your ambition is a good thing and will do you alot of good in the real world in a real job if you maintain that trait.

but as everyones said, you'll get tired of the footlocker job once you see the b.s and politics. your numbers may be good but to the dm and corporate your just seen as an expendable replacable number regardless of how hard you work. just take care of school and make that your main priority, alot of these managers in the company have only a high school diploma at best and no sort of college education so this is the highest window job wise for them and some of them will expect you to have the same mindset and put work over school. have fun at work and make the most of it but remember this is a job for you, not a career, learn from it but don't make footlocker become your life like some employees do.

Back
Top Bottom