Alot can be said about a person depending on whether or not they give a courtesy wave in traffic.

Originally Posted by 35KD

I always wave and hate it when others don't. Kind of related, I also hate it when you hold the door open for someone and they don't say thank you or nothing
indifferent.gif
i hold the door open for everyone and i swear, less then half the people say thanks or give me any kind of acknowledgement

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Truth. It urks me when I'm being nice and letting you pull out of the spot and you don't acknowledge. (Going to myself I should have just went and been a #%@@)
Word. And when people take mad long to notice that you're letting them go, so you start getting impatient and creep up a lil, and they do the same %$%!, then both stop, etc. I stay flashing my high beams and people still sit there waiting.

when I hold the door for someone and I get the feeling they arent going to say "Thanks" I just let that door slam on em lol right before they get to it
laugh.gif

I guess there are no true altruists out there...

Your good deeds will go unnoticed.

Not to get religious and all, but the moral stands true...

In the spirit of lent...

Matthew 6:1-6,16-21

Jesus said, "Beware of practicing your piety before others in order to be seen by them; for then you have no reward from your Father in heaven.

"So whenever you give alms, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be praised by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward. But when you give alms, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your alms may be done in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

"And whenever you pray, do not be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, so that they may be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward. But whenever you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

"And whenever you fast, do not look dismal, like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces so as to show others that they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward. But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, so that your fasting may be seen not by others but by your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal; but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Originally Posted by needsomejays

I always wave and hate it when others don't. Kind of related, I also hate it when you hold the door open for someone and they don't say thank you or nothing
indifferent.gif
i hold the door open for everyone and i swear, less then half the people say thanks or give me any kind of acknoledgement
laugh.gif
i thought i was the only one. i really get livid for some reason when people just walk past you when you hold the door for them. like really?

When you start to drive in Miami you soon learn that being nice in traffic gets you no where fast, no courtesy wave, no acknowledgment, no nothing so you just have to be a complete %@!* and not let anyone get through, switch lanes, etc.

Originally Posted by socluis90

Originally Posted by needsomejays

indifferent.gif
i hold the door open for everyone and i swear, less then half the people say thanks or give me any kind of acknoledgement
laugh.gif
i thought i was the only one. i really get livid for some reason when people just walk past you when you hold the door for them. like really?

im tellin you man, im bout to start being an a hole and just sayin **%# it, open your own damn doors
smh.gif

Why would it matter if they wave or not?? you should do nice things and not expect anything back...

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

mostly ghetto, prejudice, and uppity people don't wave cause they have no manners and don't know any better. Also, me, I don't give a driver of a foreign car a chance to give me a courtesy wave because I never give them a break, especially if the car is new
laugh.gif
bitter towards those who are more fortunate i see...
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by mdresident

Why would it matter if they wave or not?? you should do nice things and not expect anything back...

you know who says this? people that dont give a courtesy wave

A lot can be said about a person by the way they drive period. I hate when people get mad becasue somebody wouldnt let them over when they know they wouldnt do the same for someone else. Or when people dont let other people in their land and hit the gas when they know they would be pissed if somebody else did it to them. Dumb %%#@.

With that said, driving is dope. It's fun and I enjoy it. lol

QFT. If I don't get the wave I stare at the person until I pass them

I hate that @$**

Originally Posted by mdresident

Word I don't expect anything if I open a door or let you through. Do something good and keep it moving.

if someone lets me in I always wave
Word I don't expect anything if I open a door or let you through. Do something good and keep it moving.
nah if Im holding the door for someone I better get a thank you, or else Ill respond with a firm "your welcome"

idk, Im out to start @@*%

Originally Posted by tecca nena

Do you guys expect a cookie every time you do something nice?
Answers like this are stupid.

Youre missing the point.

It's just an acknowledgement.  It's a nice thing to do to acknowledge the other person and wave.  It takes 1 second.

"Big J 33", aye bro, u need anger managment because it really ain't THAT serious to go and do all that. I will agree with everybody else and say that it is kind of disrespectful to not acknoledge that I'm doin them a favor and being nice. What really pisses me off more is someone not letting me go or letting me merge because I mean cmon what's one %#%%@!@ car ahead of u man?

Back
Top Bottom