Alright, Let's Settle It...What Do YOU Think Of The Patriots Running Up The Score?

dat sick kid

Banned
it's going to pop up in every Pats thread from here on out so I'd like to see what the whole NT feels about it...

haters, fans, bandwagon jumpers, Moss DR's, NFL fans...whoever...what do you guys think of the Patriots and what they've done so far? is running up thescore that bad? bad sportsmanship? or is putting the fear in the hearts of the next week's opponent by playing Madden '08 on the field worth it?

indifferent.gif

This topic is old.

But all you gotta do is stop them

I would teach my team to FINISH games because that will be critical come playoff time.

You dont want a team that mentally and physically gets used to only playing 2-3 quarters.

PLAY 60 MINUTES

I don't know if I can call it running up the score if you aren't going out of your original game plan to score as many points as you can.

Basically, you get paid to play football. The Pats are doing what they get paid to do, how can you be mad at that? If they choose to run up the score, so what?What are you gonna do, cry about it? By running up the score they can intimidate their opponents and if it helps them, I don't see why they shouldn'tdo it. All the dudes comparing it to baseball or basketball, there is no intimidation factor involved in those sports. There's only 16 regular season gamesin the NFL as compared to the 80+ of NBA and MLB games and a good win, much more a series of good wins, can intimidate the next opponent. Ya'll soundlike%%+@%$$%..."Take out the 1st string cause they're scoring too much and we're getting disrespected" And smh at dudes talking bout theywanna see Brady get cheap shotted. Now that right there is disrespectful. Once you let emotions get in the way of the game you get a
indifferent.gif
from me. That's like the Stylin on you freestyle where dude wasgetting murked and threw a punch cause he couldn't stand there and take it. Shut up and play and stop crying.

One of the former players on ESPN, I am almost positive it was Golic, said that if it really bothers someone, they might take a shot at Brady. He did not sayhe approved of it, but that if a team felt the Pats were running it up a player might take it upon himself to send a message.

I personally think Belichick is trying to show everybody he does not need spy tapes to dominate. It's childish, but I feel he is doing it.

kill the starters if they're in there. they wanna do that, u try to hit them harder and who cares if u injure them.

and when they start to suck in future yrs, embarrass them (the entire NFL)

like Madden was talking about, why aren't the same people who cry foul because of the possibility of a RISK of an injury don't say anything when theBills were going all out during the last couple of minutes while the game was over? hey...it's 56-10...why bother trying to leave your starting quarterbackout there in shotgun mode when even a touchdown wasn't going to ultimately mean anything...

............you see why this is a flawed argument...you can't claim injury as a reason and not talk when the other team who knows they can't do diddlysquat still has all their first stringers out there...

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Word!! And I am a die hard Jets fan. I cant be mad at the Pats....just stop them. The rest of these teams need to stop whining. I dont get how some ofthese teams complain when they dont even take their first stringers off the field yet they want the Pats to take theirs off. The Pats actually are notdownplaying the fact that they are chasing history and want to be the most dominant team ever.....good for them!! They should be applauded for wanting to begreat.

Originally Posted by Bo55Diesel

One of the former players on ESPN, I am almost positive it was Golic, said that if it really bothers someone, they might take a shot at Brady. He did not say he approved of it, but that if a team felt the Pats were running it up a player might take it upon himself to send a message.

I personally think Belichick is trying to show everybody he does not need spy tapes to dominate. It's childish, but I feel he is doing it.

Yeah, it was Golic who said that.

And I also agree that that is Belichick's motive for steamrolling everyone of his opponents...
He's pissed and he's stress releasing all overthe damn league...

it's all good in my book. this isn't madden, theres no grant mercy option. and if bill is doing this to spite everyone because of all the controversywith spy-gate, more power to him. UNLEASH THE FURY BILL!
laugh.gif

So let's say it is because of the spying incident. Belichick's ultimate goal is to not have the media say he can't dominate without cheating. Howmany times have you seen the media say that so far??......I guess his plan is working....

I'd care more if I cared about the NFL. The problem with football is that you can't stop yourself from scoring. In basketball, you can pass the ballaround and then shoot with your off hand and nothing inside the key. In soccer, you put your defenders at forward and shoot only with your off foot. If theother team can't stop you in football, then what are you supposed to do? You can't just keep taking knees.

The only bad thing is that if you leave your starters in, you never know what may happen if some goon wants to take a cheap shot.

It's comedy central. People are gonna be so pissed at Belicheck by years end.

Like what was said in the game thread, I just wanna see what they do against the Ravens and maybe the Steelers. If they actually do make it to 40 against thatD, Ray Lew, Bart Scott, Suggly, and everyone one of them cats aren't going to take it in stride.

I can see it now Ray, Bart, Terrell, Ed, and even Ngata crushing the %%+# out of Brady. Blindsiding him. Helmet-to-Helmet. Tons of late hits. The possibilitiesare truly endless.
laugh.gif

like spurrier said, you stop trying to come back and we'll stop trying to score
laugh.gif

im not a patriots fan at all, but they some bad boyZ
laugh.gif
they have that"do something about it" attitude

If my team could score a touchdown (or 7), I'm in favor of it. These are all professional athletes and sports should have no mercy. You try to score eachand every time.

From a non-Patriots, but football loving, fan, I can't hate on the Patriots. As much as I may not like their coach, certain players, etc. you cannot takeaway from the fact that this is a GREAT football team. Are they running up the score? Maybe just a little bit (Yes I know people will say "It's theother guys job to stop... blah blah," we've seen it tons now). However, when your team is clicking the way this team is clicking and you have theopportunity to shred records... you have to go for it.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

This topic is old.

I would teach my team to FINISH games because that will be critical come playoff time.

You dont want a team that mentally and physically gets used to only playing 2-3 quarters.

PLAY 60 MINUTES

Some of you guys need to open your eyes...its not that easy.

They've gone up major on nearly every team they've faced.

Up 20-30....by halftime. C'mon that says alot about whos the better team. So I don't see why you have to go on 4th and short in the third and fourthquarter. You've dominated up to now, what makes you think it will unravel in the next 15.

Threat of a comeback?
eyes.gif

Trying to get reps?
eyes.gif

And yeah I'm factoring in sportmanship. I don't know how many of you played for a team but it sucks to lose. Even worse when the opponent goes outof their way to really stick it to you.

Oh, and for the poster above who said BB is just intimidating his opponents. Its a load of crap. Everyone wants a shot at the best....why do you think theirwere rumblings the Bills could've won, ******** could've have won, that the Steelers have a shot, Giants in week 17, etc.

Being on top makes for a big target.

And for the record BB did alright tonight. Save for the two attempts on 4th, Cassell playing the whole fourth with Eckel and Evans mainly featured deservesprops.

i couldn't care less if the Patriots murder each and every team they face. it's not their fault they are far superior than the rest of the league. as asports fan, i'm enjoying all the blowout wins.

at first i was kinda mad. now i just think it's funny. they have a **** the world attitude going right now.

can see it now Ray, Bart, Terrell, Ed, and even Ngata crushing the %%+# out of Brady. Blindsiding him. Helmet-to-Helmet. Tons of late hits. The possibilities are truly endless
I would pay good money to see that considering I hate the pats

but I do like this running up the score nonsense, I find it quite amusing considering how ESPN is slowly turning on their boy Bill Belichick because of it

Back
Top Bottom