Alright, Let's Settle It...What Do YOU Think Of The Patriots Running Up The Score?

^^if they could get the brady...

nah, but talk of cheap shots is more childish than them running up the score.
plus i need to feel good about sports betting.

I have no problem with it. You have a chance to go down in the record books and be remembered for generations to come, then go ahead and do it.

They aren't running up the score. He's calling the game as if the score is 0-0. At this point, the Pats know they will win every game. They know theywill jump out to huge leads. They can't just quit at the half because they are up by 4 TDs. They have to keep playing, so if for some reason they actuallydo need to play a full game, they're ready. On 4th and 1 near the goal line, I would have gone for it too. It absolutely made sense.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

They aren't running up the score. He's calling the game as if the score is 0-0. At this point, the Pats know they will win every game. They know they will jump out to huge leads. They can't just quit at the half because they are up by 4 TDs. They have to keep playing, so if for some reason they actually do need to play a full game, they're ready. On 4th and 1 near the goal line, I would have gone for it too. It absolutely made sense.

EXACTLYYYY

I never understood why people cry about teams scoring. if a team scores 40 points before half time do you just expect them not to play the rest of the halfor take it easy??
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I think you have to be on the other side of it to realize how much it sucks
laugh.gif

I mean...throwing the ball and moving the chains is alright with me, even if you have such a big lead...but I don't think it's cool going for 4th and3's when your up by 4 touchdowns and your in field goal range...just relax. Espically on the 4th and 2 before the Pats made the score 49-10...your tellingme you can't settle for 45-10 at that point?

Everyone in that stadium wanted Bellicheck's head and Brady's knees
laugh.gif

These are grown men. They are all at least 20-21 yrs old if by this time they can't take a L then they need to go back to Pop Warner.

I understand the whole sportsman thing blah blah blah, but these are men playing for their FUTURES. they not out there to play for just a little suck buttpee-wee trophy or a scholarship that they gonna get to play on the next level for about 5 yrs and then after that they may never to be heard from again, theyplayin to support themselves and families for the next 40 yrs of their lifes and to make a name for themselves so Kids and adults like myself will rememeberthem forever.

Most of these teams are on the same playin field talent wise. Theres only a few teams in the league that have very minimal talent and if they don't likethe Patriots Colts Cowboys Steelers or whoever running up the score on them then they need to go out and get some better talent and to compete with the powerteams NOW and not 5 yrs or so down the line

I hope somebody puts a mean!%!+ hit on Tom soon, he sits in the pocket so calmly...I hate it!

maybe other teams should play Ds?

yo, I'm not the Pats fan but I really don't care
BR being an a-hole, I can't stand that but really, it's like whatever.
To me, it's more like an amazement. I actually anticipate how much score they will put every week
it's kinda like watching the first Dream Team, you knew they were going to win but by how much? It's like that with Pats.

I think they are making a statement though because what happened earlier in this season. They are literally shoving it to other teams.

I think you have to be on the other side of it to realize how much it sucks
laugh.gif

yeah...co-sign
roll.gif

This is all I think. I cant wait for someone to take a shot at Brady or any other player, and get to see BB lose his+%*!.

I.M.O its not running up the score if your up by 35 pts in the 4 th quarter and your scoring by running the ball, but if your constently running shotgun 5 wr.sets and your up that much, cmon man give it a rest. mark my words someone will take out brady this season, i hate to say it! but someone on a losing team withno shot at making the playoffs will do it. they dont care about a fine or a suspension, i hat to say it but i think it will happen.

And yeah I'm factoring in sportmanship. I don't know how many of you played for a team but it sucks to lose. Even worse when the opponent goes out of their way to really stick it to you.
^ in youth leagues, high school, even college...yes i agree with you. but this is pro sports. these athletes are paid to go in there and deliver.theyre not paid to sit on leads, theyre not paid to be good sports, theyre not paid to be the nice guy. offenses are paid to punch it in for 6 everytime theystep on the field and defenses are paid to stop offenses. DO YOUR DAMN JOB. like madden repeatedly said last night, just do your job on defense and stop them.a lot of players have incentive based deals, they're going to try and hit those marks.
and honestly, playing all out for 60 minutes will help us in tight games (kinda like the colts game 3 weeks ago). leaving starters in for 4 quarters in mostgames helped us comeback late in that colts game. besides, against the bills last night, we used a fullback and backup fullback the entire 2nd half. we pulledbrady and moss with 11 minutes in the game. what else do you want?
*cue the..."but you went for it on 4th and 1/inches with a 24+point lead"*
instead of taking the easy 3 on a fg, we gave the bills a shot at stopping us from scoring at all. ok so thats a reach of an arguement, but why not work on 4thand short plays if you can? you never know when you'll need em, so might as well use this opportunity to practice and get the reps at full game speed.

i hate to say it! but someone on a losing team with no shot at making the playoffs will do it. they dont care about a fine or a suspension

the ravens fit that profile to a T
laugh.gif

i remember a couple years ago in the first Boller era, the ravens just fell apart one game and set the record for most penalties in the game, or were close.this was in front of the home fans, and guys were cheapshotting, throwing the ball into the stands, talking *!%%, and starting fights left and right, it wasjust
smh.gif

he ravens fit that profile to a T
laugh.gif

i remember a couple years ago in the first Boller era, the ravens just fell apart one game and set the record for most penalties in the game, or were close. this was in front of the home fans, and guys were cheapshotting, throwing the ball into the stands, talking *!%%, and starting fights left and right, it was just
smh.gif

lol. i would love to see a repeat of this next week against the patriots

Anyone who is complaining against it is just mad that their team can't do the same thing. And that's the truth.

^ LOL you're just heated Moss did what TO did in 1 half!

That said.. The best way to stop the Pats from running up the score = STOP S&*KING!

i dont mind seeing them go undefeated but its just unsportsmanlike when you are up 20+ and going for it on 4th and 1.

If you don't like it, stop them from doing it.

They're doing what they're paid to do. Other teams should just play harder to prevent from being humiliated. This is the pros, not pee wee or littleleague or high school.

Back
Top Bottom