Am I the only one that think it is pointless to get a Dodge Charger or Challenger if it isn't a Hemi

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Be realistic man. He's 21 and paid 220k + tax and he owns a night club? Cmon man. He said in that other thread his parents are restauranteurs. You can't read between the lines? He's building a hotel too? Again, read between the lines. Did you even look up his nightclub? I did. Let that man shine because he's working harder than most silver-spooners but be realistic.: he's not self-made. Raised by a father who truly is, I'm irked by the usage of the word. Honestly, I'd LOVE for him or you to prove me wrong.

Well what's your definition of self-made?

In my view, it's anyone who achieves success/wealth without inheritance. I hate to argue over another man's success and how he got there, but from my eye he took the opportunity he had and ran with it. If you're sitting on a couch while your parents are handing you stacks, you aren't self made. But if you get the money and you push it out and expand, I'd say you were.

Have you looked up his nightclub? Serious question. If you have, do you really think he could afford an r8 off of it, at age 21? Be real.

Just stating my observations here. I know a lot of successful people so when I see one on this site, especially at 21, I try to see what that person is doing just for my general knowledge. Stuff doesn't add up to me.

You're definition is so underwhelming that it completely devalues the word. You do know that capital is the single most important thing in business right? You know how hard it is to build up capital? You're like 16 so you might not know but it's difficult as hell.

Again, I have respect for the guy for doing something and all that but I'm just being realistic. I don't prop up people just for kicks.

Originally Posted by scshift

Be realistic man. He's 21 and paid 220k + tax and he owns a night club? Cmon man. He said in that other thread his parents are restauranteurs. You can't read between the lines? He's building a hotel too? Again, read between the lines. Did you even look up his nightclub? I did. Let that man shine because he's working harder than most silver-spooners but be realistic.: he's not self-made. Raised by a father who truly is, I'm irked by the usage of the word. Honestly, I'd LOVE for him or you to prove me wrong.

Well what's your definition of self-made?

In my view, it's anyone who achieves success/wealth without inheritance. I hate to argue over another man's success and how he got there, but from my eye he took the opportunity he had and ran with it. If you're sitting on a couch while your parents are handing you stacks, you aren't self made. But if you get the money and you push it out and expand, I'd say you were.

IMO "self-made" is taking one's own money that one has earned from their own sweat and hard work. Investing it in something and making it grow into something bigger.

Getting a hand-out is not "self-made". Like what HankMoody said, he's being smarter than most silver-spooners and he did well with what he was given but he's not self-made.

EDIT: BTW, what is the nightclub called? I'm heading to Montreal soon and if we're talking about the same guy, I believe his spot is there.

Have you looked up his nightclub? Serious question. If you have, do you really think he could afford an r8 off of it, at age 21? Be real.

Just stating my observations here. I know a lot of successful people so when I see one on this site, especially at 21, I try to see what that person is doing just for my general knowledge. Stuff doesn't add up to me.

You're definition is so underwhelming that it completely devalues the word. You do know that capital is the single most important thing in business right? You know how hard it is to build up capital? You're like 16 so you might not know but it's difficult as hell.

Again, I have respect for the guy for doing something and all that but I'm just being realistic. I don't prop up people just for kicks.

Again... we're all just speculating what he did/did not do. Ask him to tell his story, cause right now we're arguing over something neither of us know much about.

Yes, I do know capital is the most important thing, and capital is very hard to build up... but at the same time, does that make a person who receives a grant from an angel investor not self-made? It sounds like your definition is relying solely on yourself and receiving absolutely no funding or assistance from anyone else, when many young business owners utilize venture capitalists for startup capital.

I do see the sense in your definition though, and I agree that is more "self-made" than my definition.... yours is probably a better definition too but I'm saying that just cause you receive help doesn't mean you can't still make yourself.

I think it's pointless to buy a V8 unless you plan on hitting one of the local tracks.. Its just like saying that it is pointless to buy a desktop or laptop unless you go all out and buy a gaming rig. Your casual computer user has no need for that type of graphics/processing as your casual driver has no need for the excessive hp/performance in a V8.

Again... we're all just speculating what he did/did not do. Ask him to tell his story, cause right now we're arguing over something neither of us know much about.

Yes, I do know capital is the most important thing, and capital is very hard to build up... but at the same time, does that make a person who receives a grant from an angel investor not self-made? It sounds like your definition is relying solely on yourself and receiving absolutely no funding or assistance from anyone else, when many young business owners utilize venture capitalists for startup capital.

I do see the sense in your definition though, and I agree that is more "self-made" than my definition.... yours is probably a better definition too but I'm saying that just cause you receive help doesn't mean you can't still make yourself.

Do you know how hard it is to get money from an angel investor? Look up the Y-combinator camp. This guy's parents are restauranteurs and he opened a night club. Read between the lines man. You expect me to give him the benefit of the doubt when he bought an r8 at 21? If he was 30, maybe I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. Not at 21. Do you know how much disposable income he must have to buy an r8? At only 21? And he said he's in school? I'm just being honest here with my observations. Sorry to burst your bubble. Go PM him and relay his story! I'd be more than happy to admit my foolishness. Heck get him in here to ether the hell out of me! I'll take it and apologize. I'm just speculating from experience. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.To the other dude, the guy said in another thread on cars that his place is called Junxion House in Ottawa.

Do you know how hard it is to get money from an angel investor? Look up the Y-combinator camp. This guy's parents are restauranteurs and he opened a night club. Read between the lines man. You expect me to give him the benefit of the doubt when he bought an r8 at 21? If he was 30, maybe I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. Not at 21. Do you know how much disposable income he must have to buy an r8? At only 21? And he said he's in school? I'm just being honest here with my observations. Sorry to burst your bubble. Go PM him and relay his story! I'd be more than happy to admit my foolishness. Heck get him in here to ether the hell out of me! I'll take it and apologize. I'm just speculating from experience. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.To the other dude, the guy said in another thread on cars that his place is called Junxion House in Ottawa.

Okay I'll admit I have no idea on his story... I'll back out of this one. I'm PMing you cause I have some questions though.

@scshift - I know you mean well, but you're naive as hell bro.

@Spotrusherz - As long as you have no regrets with your purchase, dont let folks get you riled up. While used chargers aren't really depreciating best believe the dealer isnt going to offer you anywhere near the amount you just paid. Fact is, base models depreciate astronomically faster then the bigger engine model.

I was in the market for a Challenger or Camaro earlier this year, but for what i wanted (v8, leather, navi) I was looking at over 30k out the door. My budget was only 25k, and there was no way I was gonna drop all the bread for a car with cloth seats and one tail pipe. I had to settle for a fully equipped G35.

This thread is too much.
Niketalk is full a salty people, who will find some way to hate or throw some salt. Just look at the post your car thread.
dudes hating on the kid with the niteclub and the R8
Then I couldn't beleive the dudes hating on the guy with the nasty black viper ACR that traded for an R8 calling it a "girl car"
Salt thrown at me posting my 2011 Camaro SS because it doesn't have leather and i copped an automatic...
Niketalk = Nikes and Salt

Back to the topic on hand, v6 chargers/ camaros/ mustangs all make decent horsepower nowadays, in the case of the camaro, the current v6 makes more than previous generation v8 camaros, some goes for the mustang. Torque isn't quite the same, but of you want to talk about horsepower, all the v6s have come up and are more efficient too.

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

This thread is too much.
Niketalk is full a salty people, who will find some way to hate or throw some salt. Just look at the post your car thread.
Then I couldn't beleive the dudes hating on the guy with the nasty black viper ACR that traded for an R8 calling it a "girl car"
Salt thrown at me posting my 2011 Camaro SS because it doesn't have leather and i copped an automatic...

Back to the topic on hand, v6 chargers/ camaros/ mustangs all make decent horsepower nowadays, in the case of the camaro, the current v6 makes more than previous generation v8 camaros, some goes for the mustang. Torque isn't quite the same, but of you want to talk about horsepower, all the v6s have come up and are more efficient too.

That was me, I wasn't throwing salt. I was wondering why you would upgrade the engine and not the bland interior. You got upset, then asked me to post my car, and then you got ghost.

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Originally Posted by 4Shoposite

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

beanie.jpg

Let me get this right:

First you say this:

...engines are taken seriously here.
dudes get called out at stop lights ALL the time here, mash out on you in front of 
your girl to show your engine is buns

...Then you follow that nonsense with this

i don't have car

So what you telling me is that while ya man's peeling off, you be putting your hand over your mouth giggling looking back at a dude and his girl right?
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 ill wait.

What business you own in the D homie? Ill wait somemore.

roll.gif
roll.gif

my dude:

what's so hard about believing i don't need to buy a car, put gas in it and spend 20mins looking for parking when i could just walk...millionaires do it in manhattan ALL THE TIME.

i rent a vehicle every weekend 20 dollar weekends from enterprise, and if need a "impressive" vehicle i upgrade.

lastly, DETROIT is automovtive capital of the world why wouldn't they take cars seriously? american muscle is HUGE here (google woodward dream cruise)
so a v6 model of a better v8 model would get tested out daily by carheads at traffic lights...how is that "nonsense"? do you not understand the concept
of geography and culture? every city isn't like YOUR CITY.

....lastly dudes %%** on celebs and dudes that own R8's what i look like PROVING i own my own business? i really don't care...that ME in my avy, that's my sig for google plus
where i posted OPENLY and HEAVILY pics of me with celebs and at parties.

i'm too old and could care less what someone thinks of me on a message board., dude 20 thinking a car note is "doing it"...this is not someone i'd argue MY worth to. 
laugh.gif

so NO i don't care to share my FINANICAL livelihood with you. just know i'm good.
But listen to your logic fam:
On one hand - you celebrating toasting to the fact that you Six Sigma'ing ya life by not copping a car...in the one city where automotives are taken incredibly serious...because there's no need for it and would be a waste of money. You renting a whip every weekend that becomes necessary and chose to commute by foot during the week because millionaires do it ...okay...i got it.

...but then on the other mitten you taking shots at Spot because dude copped a car that is more efficient on gas, looks damn good, and saved him about 5-6 stacks off the lot...at 20! Plus fam probably doesn't live in Detroit where American muscle is HUGE. In your own words "every city isn't like YOUR CITY".

You know what FreakyZeeky would say.

Originally Posted by flightman

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

This thread is too much.

That was me, I wasn't throwing salt. I was wondering why you would upgrade the engine and not the bland interior. You got upset, then asked me to post my car, and then you got ghost.

nice g35 by the way.
didn't get ghost,  after saying that all the extras weren't a priority, (and it is a muscle car not a luxury performance coupe  lol) there was nothing left to say.  You called it a base model, but there are three camaro models below the SS.   I am at the point in my life where i don't care about leather seats, navigation, bluetooth, and the bells and whistles.  I don't have to have them.   Maybe if i was 10 years younger it would be more important.  All i cared about was the color and the engine, and thats the way i ordered my car..  When i mash the gas and hear and feel that engine pull, you can't wipe the grin off my face.
happy.gif
  Heck,  i start smiling when i see it parked in my garage.

Didn't know you wanted a camaro ss and settled for the g35 though. don't remember it having a spoiler, is that a base model?  lol.  Seriously, bottom line is some people don't have to have the upraded stuff on the inside, and some do.  same goes for the engine. 
PS  you probably could have found a used SS with the leather and stuff for around that price (25) before taxes..

Thanks. Yes, it does have a spoiler and it has every amenity made available for my model year. (Sports package, Aero Package & Premium package)

Man, the SS's in the DMV seem to be outragously overpriced (around 40k used) so i would have settled for a slightly used RS with leather seats. The RS's are around 32k here too, which again is rediculous. Like I said before, i wasn't trying to throw salt on ya beautiful whip, just seeing why you purchased it that way. I guess as you get older slight stuff like leather and navi dont mater, but since this was my first 10k+ car i figured i get the most bang for my buck.

Would you cop the v6? Do you look down on the base models when you pull up next to em?

can i get some cliffs real quick, cuz i know this thread has gone in a different direction.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

can i get some cliffs real quick, cuz i know this thread has gone in a different direction.

This question is asked:  Is pointless to get a Dodge Charger or Challenger if it isn't a Hemi?
Many Nters agree that it is.
V6 Challenger owner vs. Ninjahood e-Beef from "Post your Car Thread" spills over here.
Verbal assault on V6 Challenger and future upgrades, and typical roast on Ninja's living quarters ensues.

Originally Posted by flightman

Thanks. Yes, it does have a spoiler and it has every amenity made available for my model year. (Sports package, Aero Package & Premium package)

Man, the SS's in the DMV seem to be outragously overpriced (around 40k used) so i would have settled for a slightly used RS with leather seats. The RS's are around 32k here too, which again is rediculous. Like I said before, i wasn't trying to throw salt on ya beautiful whip, just seeing why you purchased it that way. I guess as you get older slight stuff like leather and navi dont mater, but since this was my first 10k+ car i figured i get the most bang for my buck.

Would you cop the v6? Do you look down on the base models when you pull up next to em?
 Congrats on your first 10K+ car. sounds like the prices out there back east are crazy.  40k used, are they on crack?  no wonder you didn't cop one.  out here in socal, there are used SS's all over the place.  But yeah, like i said, i am one of the older guys on here and have kids/wife/house, so all the extras aren't as important.  I ordered mine the way i wanted it, and i paid 900 under msrp for it.

As far as if i would have copped a v6 the answer is no.  I was fortunate enough for my parents to buy me a car for college graduation, and it was a brand new black 95 z28 with t-tops, and after driving that v8 for 13 years,  i just had to fave another v8, although i did drive a honda fit for 3 years while waiting to get back into a v8 camaro.  like lord vader says, you don't know the power....

Do i look down on v6 camaro drivers?  Nope, but alot of SS drivers are snobs and will look down on the v6's.   I wave or flash my lights or honk my horn at other 5th gen camaros no matter which model they are.   Some wave back, honk or flash,  some ignore me, but oh well.  I even will give a nod  or a thumbs up to challenger drivers, and yes, even the v6 challenger drivers too.  Mustangs, i don't wave to, sorry mustang guys, i just can't.  its a ford/chevy thing lol
laugh.gif

Damon,

How is the reliability on the SS? I've been wanting a Camaro SS 6-speed for so long now... completely blacked out and debadged of course
pimp.gif

Damon,

How is the reliability on the SS? I've been wanting a Camaro SS 6-speed for so long now... completely blacked out and debadged of course
pimp.gif
I have had my car basically about 5 1/2 months, and have racked up almost 12K miles so far.  Mine is an auto, haven't had any issues, there was a recall to get the computer reflashed for something with the air conditioning, but i haven't had any mechanical problems.  def feels stronger and sounds better. than when it was brand new, and the difference between the quality/ workmanship between this and my 95 is nite and day.  JD power surveys are good, i think some very early build 2010 manual cars had some broken halfshafts or something due to a defective part.  a good source of info is www.camaro5.com  for all the camaro news, issues, technical service bulletins, pics and info before the dealer gets it.  Also www.camaroz28.com.
Blacked out and debaged is sweet.  Had a black camaro, keeping it clean is hard, but nothing looks better than black.  i was going to get black, until i saw green inperson, and then it was over.  had to get it in green.

Damon,

pimp.gif
meh, go for the 5.0 bro. you wont regret it

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

i was just jokin' with son it's not that serious ...if i told dudes i was saving for a ferrari, they'd think i was crazy but that's the car i want i'm almost 30, it's time to start buying my toys and gifts.
he's 20 in a challenger that's dope, but this is nt so you know he had to get his chops busted a little 
laugh.gif
 for rally stripes ...really either way females don't know so it's all good.

in my book he gets props at twenty i drove a 2004 in 2004 too ....but i'm almost 30 it's time to have a more SERIOUS ride, i don't need a car for transportation purposes i want 
one that reflects me and my hard work. a ferrari says that, so i'd hold out until i can afford it...which we be a little over a year from now.

Which Ferrari are you looking into? If you say the 458, I'm calling shotgun
pimp.gif

Im still wondering what business son owns.

And whats so funny about Rally stripes on a SE?? some SE models come with rally stripes......
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom