Am I the only one that think it is pointless to get a Dodge Charger or Challenger if it isn't a Hemi

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by DeNs415

It's pointless to get a C-Class instead of an S-Class
It's pointless to get a 3 series instead of a 7-series
It's pointless to get a Corvette if it's not the ZR1
It's pointless to get a Mustang if it isn't the Shelby
It's pointless to get an S-Class, you need the Maybach

Horrible analogy IMO.

Perhaps it went over your head.  There is always something more expensive, faster, bigger, etc.

Mustangs used to come in 4 cyls in the 80's so it's not like the whole muscle cars with "smaller engines" like V6s just started yesterday. 

No I got what you were saying, just the comparisons were kinda bad lol. But no big deal, I got the jist. But I'm not gunna hate on someone with a V6. But for me, in my opinion, it's V8 or bust.

Am i the only 1 who doesnt care about these piece of *+!% cars. idc if u have srt8 or ss... get that dodge BS outta here...

Originally Posted by DROOPY7

Originally Posted by FDUB

I just think with the history of these cars fro the 70's, it would be pointless to get these cars in a V6. What do you guys think? 

It's pointless to get a C-Class instead of an S-Class
It's pointless to get a 3 series instead of a 7-series
It's pointless to get a Corvette if it's not the ZR1
It's pointless to get a Mustang if it isn't the Shelby
It's pointless to get an S-Class, you need the Maybach

grin.gif

I'm not sure where you were trying to go with this. But the cheapest difference would be about $40,000 in sticker price with each example. Analogy fail.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Car is less expensive
Save money on gas
Get the same basic appearance
You don't want/need the power
Parents buying their kids a Mustang don't want them in a car too powerful
Etc. 
for all that, get a cheaper car
this is what happens when people stunt with cars, there is always someone there to talk crap

you car does 1 thing for the majority of the day, sit parked.

I can understand wanting something nice/fast, I just don't understand how people don't grow out of it 
laugh.gif

I want to get a Dodge Charger or a Dodge Challenger..

Of course I prefer a V8..

If it comes down to getting a V6 or nothing.. I'll get the V6..

I used to be a V8 or bust person. Until I commuted with my 09 Ford Mustang GT. I'd fill up once every two days. Looking at the gas go down with every blip of the throttle was depressing. Now I could care less.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Car is less expensive
Save money on gas
Etc. 
this is what happens when people stunt with cars, there is always someone there to talk crap

I can understand wanting something nice/fast, I just don't understand how people don't grow out of it 
laugh.gif
Why? This makes no sense.

As someone who has owned a RT and a SXT Charger and plans on buying a Challenger in the next three months the extra insurance and gas mileage ain't worth unless you are putting it to use.

The average driver isn't. The only legitimate argument is resale value which is bad on Chargers due to fleet sales. If you look at Challengers V-6 or not the resale value is nice.

When my RT was stolen I truly couldn't find another car under 25K that I liked the way it looked.  Chargers and Challengers are beautiful cars to me, there aren't any other cars that are nearly as aesthetically pleasing to me for less 40K

I'm sorry but 72 extra horsepower isn't worth an extra 5k and horrible gas mileage which isn't great on these cars anyways. I had 22s on my RT and got 11.7 mpg
30t6p3b.gif

One more thing. I'm willing to bet good money that the OP and the starter of the semi-monthly "I laugh at people who drive ESs" thread can't afford to drive any of them.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

Am i the only 1 who doesnt care about these piece of *+!% cars. idc if u have srt8 or ss... get that dodge BS outta here...

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

You keep your feminine !#+ cars.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Car is less expensive
Save money on gas
Etc. 

laugh.gif

As someone who has owned a RT and a SXT Charger and plans on buying a Challenger in the next three months the extra insurance and gas mileage ain't worth unless you are putting it to use.

The average driver isn't. The only legitimate argument is resale value which is bad on Chargers due to fleet sales. If you look at Challengers V-6 or not the resale value is nice.

When my RT was stolen I truly couldn't find another car under 25K that I liked the way it looked.  Chargers and Challengers are beautiful cars to me, there aren't any other cars that are nearly as aesthetically pleasing to me for less 40K

I'm sorry but 72 extra horsepower isn't worth an extra 5k and horrible gas mileage which isn't great on these cars anyways. I had 22s on my RT and got 11.7 mpg
30t6p3b.gif

One more thing. I'm willing to bet good money that the OP and the starter of the semi-monthly "I laugh at people who drive ESs" thread can't afford to drive any of them.
laugh.gif
see you're last sentence?
that's what people think of you.

I'm saying, trying to impress people with cars is a dumb game

(I would only play it if I could afford a lambo or something crazy 
laugh.gif
, otherwise you're just competing with people like yourself)

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
see you're last sentence?
that's what people think of you.

I'm saying, trying to impress people with cars is a dumb game

(I would only play it if I could afford a lambo or something crazy 
laugh.gif
, otherwise you're just competing with people like yourself)

dude-wait-what.jpg

I buy what I like. I like the way Chargers look so I bought one, two technically.

One more thing, The new Charger isn't really a muscle car anyways. They were close to calling it an Intrepid. Its a midsize sedan.

Well personally I think Chargers and Challengers are wack. Its not as if it the V8 lifts the car into the upper echelons of motoring, if the V6 is more practical for your purposes why get the V8?

I mean da V6 in da mustang is nice... its got the same power as da 2010 V8 did... da V6 in any other "muscle" is faguzi... da. World needs a twin Turbo V6 Mustang.. thought I was ninja didn't you...

cguy610 wrote:
Perhaps it went over your head.  There is always something more expensive, faster, bigger, etc.

Mustangs used to come in 4 cyls in the 80's so it's not like the whole muscle cars with "smaller engines" like V6s just started yesterday. 

Hm. I think it's safe to say that the age of American Muscle was well over by the 80s. Calling the Mustangs then "muscle" cars is like calling the Charger...well, it's like calling it a Charger.
It looks nothing like a real Charger. No hate on the car, I just think people got so caught up in the name that they forgot to look at it and realize that it looks nothing like the car they once dreamed of in their glory days.

Those foxbodies could roast some people at the track, but the majority of them were just ugly remnants of what once was beautiful.

That being said, I 100% agree with your first statement. Having just recently taken my place in welcoming American muscle back to life with a Mustang GT (with a 4.6L v8, 300HP, 320 ft/lbs of torque with a 5-speed manual transmission), there's still gonna be that dude with the 5.0, and for him the guy with the Bullitt, and for him the guy with the Boss 302, and for him the guy with the Shelby 350, and for him will be the guy with the Shelby 500, and for him there will be the guy with the '68 Fastback rolling 700 horses of carbureted sex. And that's just the Mustangs.

We have to realize that a lot of the people buying these cars are just looking to get the car they dreamed of having in high school, can now afford, but have no need to drive like they once wanted to.

Hence, the Charger. Why is it 4-doors and enormous? Because the guy who wants to buy it now wanted it 40 years ago and that guy has a family now. I still wish they'd made a coupe. Could have had a lot of potential. 

As much as I'd love to see all my friends rolling in American muscle and taking pride in how much better we make cars now compared to ten years ago, it's not going to happen.

Also, props to my import buddies out there for being consistent. Nothin' but love for that market.

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

I mean da V6 in da mustang is nice... its got the same power as da 2010 V8 did... da V6 in any other "muscle" is faguzi... da. World needs a twin Turbo V6 Mustang.. thought I was ninja didn't you...
On paper it does. Go drive one and you'll see the difference. Same HP doesn't mean same power. HP as a standalone means nothing. My lawn mower has 6HP but that doesn't mean I'm gonna stick my damb hand down there to stop the blade.
That HP comes out at higher RPMs, with less torque. Ultimately, you'll get a better 0-60 time than the year before, but just because the number is the same doesn't mean that it's just as powerful.

i have personal experience on a charger srt8, and when I drive it like a human being I get a good 18 to even 20 mpg, not great, but if you drive like a mad man everyday of course your going to get horrible gas mileage like when i take the esp completely off
devil.gif

Speaking of Chargers, I wanna race one at work with my S14. Doubt I can beat his Charger since it's supercharged and the amount of torque those things pull. I believe it's an SRT8.

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

cguy610 wrote:

Hm. I think it's safe to say that the age of American Muscle was well over by the 80s. Calling the Mustangs then "muscle" cars is like calling the Charger...well, it's like calling it a Charger.
It looks nothing like a real Charger. No hate on the car, I just think people got so caught up in the name that they forgot to look at it and realize that it looks nothing like the car they once dreamed of in their glory days.

Those foxbodies could roast some people at the track, but the majority of them were just ugly remnants of what once was beautiful.

That being said, I 100% agree with your first statement. Having just recently taken my place in welcoming American muscle back to life with a Mustang GT (with a 4.6L v8, 300HP, 320 ft/lbs of torque with a 5-speed manual transmission), there's still gonna be that dude with the 5.0, and for him the guy with the Bullitt, and for him the guy with the Boss 302, and for him the guy with the Shelby 350, and for him will be the guy with the Shelby 500, and for him there will be the guy with the '68 Fastback rolling 700 horses of carbureted sex. And that's just the Mustangs.

We have to realize that a lot of the people buying these cars are just looking to get the car they dreamed of having in high school, can now afford, but have no need to drive like they once wanted to.

Hence, the Charger. Why is it 4-doors and enormous? Because the guy who wants to buy it now wanted it 40 years ago and that guy has a family now. I still wish they'd made a coupe. Could have had a lot of potential. 

As much as I'd love to see all my friends rolling in American muscle and taking pride in how much better we make cars now compared to ten years ago, it's not going to happen.

Also, props to my import buddies out there for being consistent. Nothin' but love for that market.

Well put.

Everyone isn't into what's under the hood. They buy the car because they like the way it looks. Period.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Everyone isn't into what's under the hood. They buy the car because they like the way it looks. Period.

Right. I'm not racing anybody. I travel A LOT.
laugh.gif

I went car shopping in 2009 when Obama had the cash for clunkers deal. I had a V8 Oldsmobile Aurora. Woopity !#%$$*+ doo.
laugh.gif
I didn't care for the gas on that thing. I was fresh out of college, just got a job, and wanted a Charger or Nissan Z. This is before the Challenger and Camaro came out. I wish I would've waited because I'd prefer a Challenger or Camaro...at least right now. I'm not too much into imports. Everyone has their preference.

Anyways, all of the HEMI Chargers I saw were trashed and had a lot of miles. I guess people get a HEMI and go nuts.
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif
They were within my price range also but I simply wanted something with low mileage, clean, and black.

I found a flawless black 3.5L V6 with 7K miles...copped. I could've got a HEMI in a color I didn't want, a bunch of miles, and blemishes everywhere. I'll pass. The better gas mileage helped with the decision. I drove 40 mins to work back then.

I've always had and preferred bigger cars, no SUV, and wanting this car was no different. Sure...having a V8 and all of that would've been fun but truthfully, I don't care. I have enough speeding tickets as it is. Getting from point A to point B in the style that I want is really all I care about. I'm not going to go out and get a Camry because some American muscle car guru shuns me.
roll.gif
If you want to impress some man due to your engine size, that's on you buddy. Ain't no female in this world going to be like, "Oh...is that a V8? Let me top you off." If it looks good, she doesn't give a %#*+. A Dodge Neon engine could be in that thing. NOT saying this is why I customized my car. I just like the "project" of it all.

Here's a pic just because. My next car will probably be a V6 Camaro too.
laugh.gif
Come at me, bros.

182406_671139618984_32300341_36249025_375769_n.jpg

Here's my boy's V6 Camaro. The thirst that he receives is absolutely unreal.
30t6p3b.gif

38912_629576022764_32302765_35359759_4580911_n.jpg

I only agree if you actually purchase the car and use it to its full capabilities. Since I already know what I need the car for, shoot, V6 will do. That's just me, though. I'm not a muscle car enthusiast.

Back
Top Bottom