Am I Wrong For This? BC3s Update Pg4

Originally Posted by Zyzz

15 year olds on NT?

5PlTg.gif
I've been lurking since I was 15.

Drop a hint, he should pick up on anything he feels would win him extra points with you.

I don't see how it's bummy. How's the relationship between him and your Mom? You could go through that channel (tell her to mention it to him in passing or explicitly).

I would say don't ask him for nothing. If he bounced before he will probably bounce again. I know because my dad was the same way.

Originally Posted by Beacon ave south

So you havent seen dude in 6 years and the first thing you gonna ask him is for some overpriced sneakers?

THIS
ISS is that way ------>

Originally Posted by leopardbrain

You should be asking for way more than just the BC3's if he's been MIA.

This, time for dude to pay up.

Originally Posted by djuzi05

Nothing wrong with asking. Worst he can say is no.

Actually, maybe he'll just bounce again
laugh.gif

roll.gif

That's pretty bummy to ask him for cement 3's but dude hasn't been present in your life for a while. If you ask me...asking him to get you some sneakers isn't gonna repair any damage...just throw money at the problem won't make it go away.

Then again your 15, but then again you don't want to show your dad that your only about the material things and that you've matured without his presence.

I don't think it's worth it to ask him for !*@@...if he's a real father/man he'll approach you about it. Imho you should tell him about college one day and that he should pitch in because if he can't help you better yourself then he's just another deadbeat dad.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

That's pretty bummy to ask him for cement 3's but dude hasn't been present in your life for a while. If you ask me...asking him to get you some sneakers isn't gonna repair any damage...just throw money at the problem won't make it go away.

Then again your 15, but then again you don't want to show your dad that your only about the material things and that you've matured without his presence.

I don't think it's worth it to ask him for !*@@...if he's a real father/man he'll approach you about it. Imho you should tell him about college one day and that he should pitch in because if he can't help you better yourself then he's just another deadbeat dad.
To be completely honest him not being in my life hasn't consciously affected me
I never had a fresh prince episode moment with the guy

He wasn't there and I learned to deal with it 

i feel like you want to use the fact that he hasn't been there for you to make him buy you new shoes.

F that "making him feel like he owes you" talk. He DOES owe you. A pair of sneakers is a start. I was in the same position and my pops was more than glad to buy me kicks at that age. Once i turned 16 I got a job and did it on my own, jus so he knew I didnt NEED him. Which I think made him even more willing to cop whatever I asked for. OP DO IT.

Didn't read the entire thread, but ask him for a day out with him just you two. Go to dinner. Catch a game. Small talk. Catch up.
Down the line it will mean alot to him and you too.

And if he so mentions if you are in need of anything you could mention the kicks.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

15 year olds on NT?

5PlTg.gif
Dudes pretending to be other dudes from misc on NT?

Spoiler [+]
5PlTg.gif

On another note:
I don't think it's bummy op, it's the least he could do since he's been outta your life for so long.

i think you should ask & i think he should buy them for you
could actually help break the ice
& if you get along well, years later you might be glad you did

Back
Top Bottom