AM90 Members Only: updated

Originally Posted by jaytthelegend

Id's came in this week. Pretty solid other than a small glue spot, but what can you expect. They aren't a multi-billion dollar corporation or anything...
roll.gif

44c16e10952e3c4e1207b46e5b5b4bcc9cf196fb.pjpg

Would you mind taking a side pic without flash? Thanks.
How close does the nubuck tar resemble nubuck on the the X Shadows that came in the CDP?

alright just got mine in and damn NIKE was going to hear had i not thought quickly. My pair came with a red stripe (looks like dye or a chemical from thepaint) right across the middle of the white mesh. i was ready to go nuclear on customer service right now but then i took some alcohol wipes and rubbed itout......thank god.....i really didn't wanna return these and completely miss out on the options. will post pics soon

What is up with all this F'ing up
I mean they odnt have this problem with regular kicks...its a shame..ppl should not buy them..This is my first pair..
but for yall with multiple pairs...WHY? i mean every single shoe is just ugly..other than AM90s

GUYS...please take good pics so we can actually see the shoes for what they ARE WORTH....If you dont know how to take I good pic..I can instruct..

Honestly i don't know what the deal is with them messing up the ID's....i think it's because they are being produced one of one and not an entireproduction quantity that HAS to be right. they just punch in the codes and let the factories slap em together and ship em out. no quality control oranything....whatever.....i got that red stain out so i am happy now...lil glue spot on the front but it's hardly noticeable. gonna wait to see whateveryone else's come out like before i do a second pair....anyone use laser blue glazed?

i'm liking how they came out with the marina mudguard....i did that just to get the lace holes that color..i was going to make the mudguard black but nowi'm debating whether i should or not....any opinions on that?

^ did you use contrast stitching on that granite nubuck? i'm just wondering if regular stitching ends up looking that way?

BEUTIFUL
DO NOT GO WITH TAR
I just made those exactly man..check like back one page...I ordered barn pair...and now Im gonna make a pair with the MARINA
Its a beutiful show up!!!
BEST SO FAR...good job man..CAnt WAIT to see mine...

I'm thinking there is alot of people posting their ID by the suddend jump in this thread but its just AJFlint13 discovering Air Maxes
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by trunks206

I'm thinking there is alot of people posting their ID by the suddend jump in this thread but its just AJFlint13 discovering Air Maxes
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

BTW....if anyone has any scuffs or light glue stains on the nubuck....i used a #2 pencil eraser....very lightly took 'em right outta there....they arelookin better and better....just mad that i had to finish the job NIKE!
ohwell.gif

Yo Mayhemgatz
Great ID's. I designed the same thing, but was going to use a black fabric dye marker for the mudguard so i can have the same color for the plastic laceholders. Debating on getting this colorway or a barn colorway, which I'm hoping is a marroon colorway.
KVN

nice pair mayhamgetz and thanks for the tips

and when you guys received the shipping email, how long does it take im assuming 5-7 ?

thanks guys.....i got my email on tuesday....got them today.

KVN...i designed these with doing exactly that in my mind but now im second guessing myself....im not sure if i want to. what kind of fabric dye marker would uuse to do that?

Well I would just go to Micheal's arts and crafts and look at their fabric markers. If you use angelus or any type of paint, it kind of gives it a leatherlook, or smooth finish. I don't like it though. Then if you use dye, you gotta be carefull because it might leak onto the mesh or to parts that u don'twant it to. The easiest way is a marker
KVN

btw just ordered the blue pair, the barn red will be next pay check

here's what I used in the past:

http://artist-tools.com/fabric-paints.shtml

I used this for doing the sock liner on past shoes and it was fine. it got on my socks though, but didn't leave the fabric "stiff"

O and and went with a white glaze pullup. I'll post the custom when they come hopefully in 2 weeks like everyone else. Or maybe someone can do a wuickphotoshop of his id with a white swoosh
tongue.gif

KVN

yea i think markers are the best. i got that tip from the sneaker art sticky...i actually used a black sharpie on some AM Lights i am working on and it cameout fantastic. i don't wanna use a sharpie on these though because it's a different material, i'm not sure if it will have the same effect as itdid on the AM Lights, plus...i really like the soft feel these have. i'm gonna try and pick up one of those markers over the weekend....sit on these for aweek and see how i feel about turning that mudguard black. thanks a lot for the tips!
CAN WE see one or two with you rocking them??
Sorry i can't take anymore pics....i used my coworkers camera to snap those pics and she's gone for the day already.

Originally Posted by trunks206

laugh.gif

HAHA...its the truth
roll.gif

Or you can just wear them a bit and when they get stained, then dye em
smile.gif

Originally Posted by KVN

here's what I used in the past:

http://artist-tools.com/fabric-paints.shtml

I used this for doing the sock liner on past shoes and it was fine. it got on my socks though, but didn't leave the fabric "stiff"

O and and went with a white glaze pullup. I'll post the custom when they come hopefully in 2 weeks like everyone else. Or maybe someone can do a wuick photoshop of his id with a white swoosh
tongue.gif

KVN

nice pair Mayhemgatz. yeah, i was thinking ofmaking the mudguard on mine darker too, thanks for the suggestion KVN

I went with this...bc that blue NUBUCK is fire..this barn nubick is gonna be fire!!
I also wanted my little "AIR MAX" plastic writing in the ankle part to be a contrasting color than the mudguard..(dont want accent and mudguard samecolor another words)

pimp.gif

looks dope.....i'm curious to see what that barn color comes out looking like...if it's anything close to maroon....that'll def. be on my secondpair.

Back
Top Bottom