Amar'e Stoudemire is overrated.

Originally Posted by JD617

Also, through 3 quarters tonight Bosh has 35, 6, and 4 on 12 of 17 shooting. I'm just saying...
Without Robin Lopez, with Channing Frye and Hedo Turkoglu guarding him. And he also only has 6 boards.

And what you posted is a nice little stat, but like I said, all I've seen from him is a turnaround, fade way when he decides to post up on people. No one doubts Bosh when he faces up, but I have not seen many post up moves from Bosh at all. Again, I've only seen Bosh in Toronto a handful of times, but it seems like Raptor fans weren't impressed at all with what he had to bring with his behind to the basket game.

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Niketalk, What does Amar'e and Kenyon Martin have in common?
mircofracture surgery....
just two athletic bigs who got overpaid after playing with great point guards. word to jake voskuhl

psst....check the 02-03/03-04 seasons....

just two athletic bigs who got overpaid after playing with great point guards. word to jake voskuhl

I really, really despise when people use statistics in their arguments. Somethings that are in the game, cant be shown using them.

I really, really despise when people use statistics in their arguments. Somethings that are in the game, cant be shown using them.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

Originally Posted by rashi

He's averaging 20 and 8, what else do you want from Amar'e? Knicks got what they paid for.

They could've saved money and kept david lee's 20 and 11 on 50% + fgs...

David Lee doesn't get doubled every night...it's different watching the two 

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

Originally Posted by rashi

He's averaging 20 and 8, what else do you want from Amar'e? Knicks got what they paid for.

They could've saved money and kept david lee's 20 and 11 on 50% + fgs...

David Lee doesn't get doubled every night...it's different watching the two 

Originally Posted by BangDak

That doesn't surprise me.

Originally Posted by BangDak

That doesn't surprise me.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

the only people who rebound worse than amare are andrea bargnani and his 6 year old niece.

in no universe is amare stoudamire better than chris bosh.
Really? Because Amare is playing better than Bosh so far this season. You can talk about roles all you want but Bosh has shown absolutely nothing so far this season while at least Amare has been aggressive offensively. You can talk about new roles all you want but it's about how they're playing and Bosh is playing his new role horribly. Comparing Amare to Bosh is a push, it can go either way, but saying "in no universe" is a huge stretch. Neither have back to the basket games, both aren't great rebounders, both aren't great defenders, both can take it the cup, and both can hit from 15-18 feet. They're pretty much the same player.

A change of teams is no reason to forget his was the only dude to be top 10 in points and rebounds last season. that means, no amare, no duncan, no gasol, no howard, just bosh. 

http://www.nba.com/games/20101117/PHXMIA/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021000158#nbaGIboxscore

Oh Snap.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

the only people who rebound worse than amare are andrea bargnani and his 6 year old niece.

in no universe is amare stoudamire better than chris bosh.
Really? Because Amare is playing better than Bosh so far this season. You can talk about roles all you want but Bosh has shown absolutely nothing so far this season while at least Amare has been aggressive offensively. You can talk about new roles all you want but it's about how they're playing and Bosh is playing his new role horribly. Comparing Amare to Bosh is a push, it can go either way, but saying "in no universe" is a huge stretch. Neither have back to the basket games, both aren't great rebounders, both aren't great defenders, both can take it the cup, and both can hit from 15-18 feet. They're pretty much the same player.

A change of teams is no reason to forget his was the only dude to be top 10 in points and rebounds last season. that means, no amare, no duncan, no gasol, no howard, just bosh. 

http://www.nba.com/games/20101117/PHXMIA/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021000158#nbaGIboxscore

Oh Snap.

51f1212bd2903fe148e2df6d4ca346ab-getty-103883874dp052_new_york_kni.jpg

This is what I worried with he signing of Amare and why I knew that was better, Amare more than any other player in the league was dependent on a single force to get him the ball. Steve Nash, he has never proven to been a consistent isolation threat and with Marubury he was not nearly as efficient a scorer. Steve Nash gets there he suddenly went from a having a 15% turnover rate to only 10%, he went from a 47% shooter to a 55% shooter all pretty much do the god of offense Steve Nash.

Chris Bosh by him self with no great point guard has always been super efficient and he never turns the ball over, and other than this year he has always gone hard on the glass despite not being the athlete that amare uses.. Despite this idiotic myth that Chris is just a jump shooter, he got to the line 7-8 times a game by attacking the basket. Chris went 24 and 11 with 52% shooting on a team just as bad as the Knicks. 

This is what I worried with he signing of Amare and why I knew that was better, Amare more than any other player in the league was dependent on a single force to get him the ball. Steve Nash, he has never proven to been a consistent isolation threat and with Marubury he was not nearly as efficient a scorer. Steve Nash gets there he suddenly went from a having a 15% turnover rate to only 10%, he went from a 47% shooter to a 55% shooter all pretty much do the god of offense Steve Nash.

Chris Bosh by him self with no great point guard has always been super efficient and he never turns the ball over, and other than this year he has always gone hard on the glass despite not being the athlete that amare uses.. Despite this idiotic myth that Chris is just a jump shooter, he got to the line 7-8 times a game by attacking the basket. Chris went 24 and 11 with 52% shooting on a team just as bad as the Knicks. 

He still played with a pretty damn good PG...

He still played with a pretty damn good PG...

For those that say Bosh is not a good rebounder, where have you been for the past few seasons? He's averaged 20/10 a few times, as opposed to Amare never averaging a double double, and if you want to talk about Amare having played in a more uptemo offense, wouldn't that have given him more chances to grab more rebounds? Shawn Marion averaged 10+ rebounds on those Suns teams, why couldn't Amare? Amare is overrated, he's not an elite player and could never carry a team on his back for an entire season being the main option

For those that say Bosh is not a good rebounder, where have you been for the past few seasons? He's averaged 20/10 a few times, as opposed to Amare never averaging a double double, and if you want to talk about Amare having played in a more uptemo offense, wouldn't that have given him more chances to grab more rebounds? Shawn Marion averaged 10+ rebounds on those Suns teams, why couldn't Amare? Amare is overrated, he's not an elite player and could never carry a team on his back for an entire season being the main option

Amare is overrated, he's not an elite player and could never carry a team on his back for an entire season being the main option
nobody has ever argued against this, which is why I don't understand why this thread exists. Overpaid? Sure. Overrated? How? Everyone knows what he is.

Amare is overrated, he's not an elite player and could never carry a team on his back for an entire season being the main option
nobody has ever argued against this, which is why I don't understand why this thread exists. Overpaid? Sure. Overrated? How? Everyone knows what he is.

Back
Top Bottom