Amar'e Stoudemire is overrated.

I'm going to start ignoring people who don't have certain users on ignore. IGNORE THE IDIOTS.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Even when he was with the Suns, he was overrated.  All he did was shoot midrange jumpers and I don't even know if he has a post game.  Nash was to Amare as Kidd was to Kmart.  It is a shame that a guy with his size and strength is not a defensive presence. 

Sidenote, Bosh said he wanted to be on national TV more to shop people how great he was...how's that going
roll.gif

Who the hell do you guys listen to say that Amar'e is overrated? Who even rated him? I don't get it, I never heard anyone call Amar'e an "elite" PF or said he's worth a max deal.

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Even when he was with the Suns, he was overrated.  All he did was shoot midrange jumpers and I don't even know if he has a post game.  Nash was to Amare as Kidd was to Kmart.  It is a shame that a guy with his size and strength is not a defensive presence. 

Sidenote, Bosh said he wanted to be on national TV more to shop people how great he was...how's that going
roll.gif

Who the hell do you guys listen to say that Amar'e is overrated? Who even rated him? I don't get it, I never heard anyone call Amar'e an "elite" PF or said he's worth a max deal.

1. Amar'e > Bosh

2. Amar'e won ROY, with Starbury running the team

3. Nash is hands down one of the best point guards ever.

4. You are going to over pay in the FA market no matter what, unless you sign one of the top 5 players in the league.

5. Amar'e isn't going to do it alone, just like MJ & Kobe never did.

6. Yes, he should be a better defender and rebounder for his size and strength

7. I honestly believe he has never been truly educated on the game. He was playing on raw athleticism before he hurt his leg. Now he has a jump shot.

8. Welcome2Jungle has to be in HS. 1st Mike Brown is a top flight coach and now Nash is overrated

9. ...

10. ..

1. Amar'e > Bosh

2. Amar'e won ROY, with Starbury running the team

3. Nash is hands down one of the best point guards ever.

4. You are going to over pay in the FA market no matter what, unless you sign one of the top 5 players in the league.

5. Amar'e isn't going to do it alone, just like MJ & Kobe never did.

6. Yes, he should be a better defender and rebounder for his size and strength

7. I honestly believe he has never been truly educated on the game. He was playing on raw athleticism before he hurt his leg. Now he has a jump shot.

8. Welcome2Jungle has to be in HS. 1st Mike Brown is a top flight coach and now Nash is overrated

9. ...

10. ..

People are jumping on the Bosh bandwagon cuz he's on Miami huh?!

It's really 1A/B IMO.

Offensively, Bosh aint ever coming close to Stat. That's just me. Amare has far more range, a better midrange game, as well as more of a post game. Bosh? Ehh.

However, Bosh definitely puts a lot more effort defensively, which is why i'd give him the nod over Amare. However, Stat isnt exactly a poor defender, he just has no effort.

It's really 1A/B IMO.

Offensively, Bosh aint ever coming close to Stat. That's just me. Amare has far more range, a better midrange game, as well as more of a post game. Bosh? Ehh.

However, Bosh definitely puts a lot more effort defensively, which is why i'd give him the nod over Amare. However, Stat isnt exactly a poor defender, he just has no effort.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by youngin33

With that said, it's not like he's a slouch defensively.    
Yeah, like in game two when Kobe Bryant was just lobbin the ball into Gasol and just said "go ahead" at Amare. 

If you're deep in the playoffs, and the other team wants to go at YOU in the 4th quarter of games, you are not a good defender, at all, not even a little. 

Amare had a huge game 3 because that's what he does, when he's at home and has everyone givin him the ball over and over and over, then he plays well, but when it matters, he's gone with the quickness.  This has been goin on with dude for like 7 years now.  100 mil ain't gon change that. 

So you're judging his defense on 1 game against arguably the best big man in the game?  Again, don't get it. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by youngin33

With that said, it's not like he's a slouch defensively.    
Yeah, like in game two when Kobe Bryant was just lobbin the ball into Gasol and just said "go ahead" at Amare. 

If you're deep in the playoffs, and the other team wants to go at YOU in the 4th quarter of games, you are not a good defender, at all, not even a little. 

Amare had a huge game 3 because that's what he does, when he's at home and has everyone givin him the ball over and over and over, then he plays well, but when it matters, he's gone with the quickness.  This has been goin on with dude for like 7 years now.  100 mil ain't gon change that. 

So you're judging his defense on 1 game against arguably the best big man in the game?  Again, don't get it. 

Originally Posted by BangDak

It's really 1A/B IMO.

All I've seen from Bosh on a consistent basis is him from 15-18 feet. Amare can hit that and he's a lot more aggressive on the offensive end. Both Bosh and Amare don't have great post games so I'm gonna go with the more aggressive player.

It's really 1A/B IMO.

All I've seen from Bosh on a consistent basis is him from 15-18 feet. Amare can hit that and he's a lot more aggressive on the offensive end. Both Bosh and Amare don't have great post games so I'm gonna go with the more aggressive player.

It's really 1A/B IMO.

1.Dirk and gasol>>>>both them bums

2.bosh can do everything amare can on offense

2. thats what makes people poor defender..zero effort

It's really 1A/B IMO.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Amar'e plays on the New York Knicks. It doesn't surprise me one bit that he's put up better numbers than Chris Bosh. So what? That doesn't make him the better player in any way.

If you want to use stats, alright. Bosh has been more efficient, his offensive and defensive ratings are superior and his win share is higher.

Amar'e is a superior athlete that developed a semi-reliable jumpshot. That's why he fits on ridiculous teams that run, run and run some more, and play zero defense. He would look far worse on the Heat than Bosh has.

Stop it.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Amar'e plays on the New York Knicks. It doesn't surprise me one bit that he's put up better numbers than Chris Bosh. So what? That doesn't make him the better player in any way.

If you want to use stats, alright. Bosh has been more efficient, his offensive and defensive ratings are superior and his win share is higher.

Amar'e is a superior athlete that developed a semi-reliable jumpshot. That's why he fits on ridiculous teams that run, run and run some more, and play zero defense. He would look far worse on the Heat than Bosh has.

Stop it.

the only people who rebound worse than amare are andrea bargnani and his 6 year old niece.

in no universe is amare stoudamire better than chris bosh.

the only people who rebound worse than amare are andrea bargnani and his 6 year old niece.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Really? Because Amare is playing better than Bosh so far this season. You can talk about roles all you want but Bosh has shown absolutely nothing so far this season while at least Amare has been aggressive offensively. You can talk about new roles all you want but it's about how they're playing and Bosh is playing his new role horribly. Comparing Amare to Bosh is a push, it can go either way, but saying "in no universe" is a huge stretch. Neither have back to the basket games, both aren't great rebounders, both aren't great defenders, both can take it the cup, and both can hit from 15-18 feet. They're pretty much the same player.

Really? Because Amare is playing better than Bosh so far this season. You can talk about roles all you want but Bosh has shown absolutely nothing so far this season while at least Amare has been aggressive offensively. You can talk about new roles all you want but it's about how they're playing and Bosh is playing his new role horribly. Comparing Amare to Bosh is a push, it can go either way, but saying "in no universe" is a huge stretch. Neither have back to the basket games, both aren't great rebounders, both aren't great defenders, both can take it the cup, and both can hit from 15-18 feet. They're pretty much the same player.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

yeah....amare has looked better than bosh, but if they switched spots and Bosh was in NY, I think he'd be putting up similar #'s as the undisputed #1 option.  Hypothetically, how do you think Amare would do in Miami? 

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

yeah....amare has looked better than bosh, but if they switched spots and Bosh was in NY, I think he'd be putting up similar #'s as the undisputed #1 option.  Hypothetically, how do you think Amare would do in Miami? 

Back
Top Bottom