Amar'e Stoudemire is overrated.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

the only people who rebound worse than amare are andrea bargnani and his 6 year old niece.

in no universe is amare stoudamire better than chris bosh.
Really? Because Amare is playing better than Bosh so far this season. You can talk about roles all you want but Bosh has shown absolutely nothing so far this season while at least Amare has been aggressive offensively. You can talk about new roles all you want but it's about how they're playing and Bosh is playing his new role horribly. Comparing Amare to Bosh is a push, it can go either way, but saying "in no universe" is a huge stretch. Neither have back to the basket games, both aren't great rebounders, both aren't great defenders, both can take it the cup, and both can hit from 15-18 feet. They're pretty much the same player.

yeah....amare has looked better than bosh, but if they switched spots and Bosh was in NY, I think he'd be putting up similar #'s as the undisputed #1 option.  Hypothetically, how do you think Amare would do in Miami? 
I think Amare would be playing better than Bosh because he's used to playing with a bunch of great players like he did with the Suns. Sure it wasn't with LeBron and Wade but I think Amare would be a little more comfortable playing without the ball in his hands. Bosh, IDK, I'm not sure if he could handle the pressure playing in New York. He's a great player but damn it's not just his playing style that's soft it's also his mentality. I've said before that Bosh's ability shouldn't be in question, he's a talent, just like Amare. I don't think one is that much better than the other.

Completely off topic but it's been bothering me.
laugh.gif
Double, you were right the Knicks is nothing but a team full of damn chuckers.
tired.gif

the only people who rebound worse than amare are andrea bargnani and his 6 year old niece.

Really? Because Amare is playing better than Bosh so far this season. You can talk about roles all you want but Bosh has shown absolutely nothing so far this season while at least Amare has been aggressive offensively. You can talk about new roles all you want but it's about how they're playing and Bosh is playing his new role horribly. Comparing Amare to Bosh is a push, it can go either way, but saying "in no universe" is a huge stretch. Neither have back to the basket games, both aren't great rebounders, both aren't great defenders, both can take it the cup, and both can hit from 15-18 feet. They're pretty much the same player.

yeah....amare has looked better than bosh, but if they switched spots and Bosh was in NY, I think he'd be putting up similar #'s as the undisputed #1 option.  Hypothetically, how do you think Amare would do in Miami? 
I think Amare would be playing better than Bosh because he's used to playing with a bunch of great players like he did with the Suns. Sure it wasn't with LeBron and Wade but I think Amare would be a little more comfortable playing without the ball in his hands. Bosh, IDK, I'm not sure if he could handle the pressure playing in New York. He's a great player but damn it's not just his playing style that's soft it's also his mentality. I've said before that Bosh's ability shouldn't be in question, he's a talent, just like Amare. I don't think one is that much better than the other.

laugh.gif
tired.gif

Because Amare is playing better than Bosh so far this season.
Not really.
They're pretty much the same player.
Not really.
I think Amare would be playing better than Bosh because he's used toplaying with a bunch of great players like he did with the Suns. Sureit wasn't with LeBron and Wade but I think Amare would be a little morecomfortable playing without the ball in his hands.
There's no way to prove it one way or the other, but I still know for a fact that that's not true. 
laugh.gif

Whatdoes Amar'e provide for a team without the ball in his hands...? Whatdoes Amar'e provide for a team without the ball in his hands that ChrisBosh doesn't...?

I hate both of these fools; I'm not really even sure why I'm defending either of them.

Because Amare is playing better than Bosh so far this season.
Not really.
They're pretty much the same player.
Not really.
I think Amare would be playing better than Bosh because he's used toplaying with a bunch of great players like he did with the Suns. Sureit wasn't with LeBron and Wade but I think Amare would be a little morecomfortable playing without the ball in his hands.
There's no way to prove it one way or the other, but I still know for a fact that that's not true. 
laugh.gif

Whatdoes Amar'e provide for a team without the ball in his hands...? Whatdoes Amar'e provide for a team without the ball in his hands that ChrisBosh doesn't...?

I hate both of these fools; I'm not really even sure why I'm defending either of them.

I think Amare would be playing better than Bosh because he's used to playing with a bunch of great players like he did with the Suns. Sure it wasn't with LeBron and Wade but I think Amare would be a little more comfortable playing without the ball in his hands.

laugh.gif
tired.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

u and me were going at it
laugh.gif

I think the clock is ticking on D'Antoni.....Prophet Marbury was spitting SOME truth. 

but back on topic....Thing about Amare is I think his ego is MUCH bigger than Bosh and he would have an even harder time accepting the fact that he'd be the 3rd fiddle.  He's +*#$%$* in the past about his role and the touches he was getting in Phoenix....welp, he got his wish and is now the undisputed #1 option in NY.  Only a matter of time before he starts hearing boos on a regular basis.  Knicks have a very passionate but at the same time impatient fanbase.  They expect great things from the team....it's one of the most storied franchises in the NBA but they've been nothing but a punchline/laughingstock for the past couple of years.  Amare IMO is not the answer...a complimentary piece, but not a guy who's gonna put a team/city on his shoulders and take them to the next level.  Folks are holding out and praying that Melo and or CP3 end up as a Knick...maybe that's the trio (or duo if one doesn't come) that puts them over the hump.....only time will tell, and NOTHING is a given as far as predicting where these guys will end up. 

I think Amare would be playing better than Bosh because he's used to playing with a bunch of great players like he did with the Suns. Sure it wasn't with LeBron and Wade but I think Amare would be a little more comfortable playing without the ball in his hands.

laugh.gif
tired.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

u and me were going at it
laugh.gif

I think the clock is ticking on D'Antoni.....Prophet Marbury was spitting SOME truth. 

but back on topic....Thing about Amare is I think his ego is MUCH bigger than Bosh and he would have an even harder time accepting the fact that he'd be the 3rd fiddle.  He's +*#$%$* in the past about his role and the touches he was getting in Phoenix....welp, he got his wish and is now the undisputed #1 option in NY.  Only a matter of time before he starts hearing boos on a regular basis.  Knicks have a very passionate but at the same time impatient fanbase.  They expect great things from the team....it's one of the most storied franchises in the NBA but they've been nothing but a punchline/laughingstock for the past couple of years.  Amare IMO is not the answer...a complimentary piece, but not a guy who's gonna put a team/city on his shoulders and take them to the next level.  Folks are holding out and praying that Melo and or CP3 end up as a Knick...maybe that's the trio (or duo if one doesn't come) that puts them over the hump.....only time will tell, and NOTHING is a given as far as predicting where these guys will end up. 

Amare would actually be playing a lot better in Miami IMO.

Bosh has failed to learn how to utilize the pick & roll, or been able to consistently hit the mid-range. He's been putting a bit more effort for those boards, but not enough.

You guys can just call me bias though
laugh.gif

Amare would actually be playing a lot better in Miami IMO.

Bosh has failed to learn how to utilize the pick & roll, or been able to consistently hit the mid-range. He's been putting a bit more effort for those boards, but not enough.

You guys can just call me bias though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

Offensively, Bosh aint ever coming close to Stat. That's just me. Amare has far more range, a better midrange game, as well as more of a post game. Bosh? Ehh.  
MayhemMonkey wrote:
All I've seen from Bosh on a consistent basis is him from 15-18 feet. Amare can hit that and he's a lot more aggressive on the offensive end. Both Bosh and Amare don't have great post games so I'm gonna go with the more aggressive player. 
You guys are clueless.

Bosh is actually one of the best post-up players in the entire NBA, ranking in the 90th percentile in post efficiency according to Synergy last season, scoring 1.09 PPP on a ridiculous 549 possessions in 70 games played. Only seven players in the entire NBA posted up for more possessions than Bosh last year (despite Bosh missing 12 games), and the closest to him in efficiency was Tim Duncan at 1.04 PPP.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Offensively, Bosh aint ever coming close to Stat. That's just me. Amare has far more range, a better midrange game, as well as more of a post game. Bosh? Ehh.  
MayhemMonkey wrote:
All I've seen from Bosh on a consistent basis is him from 15-18 feet. Amare can hit that and he's a lot more aggressive on the offensive end. Both Bosh and Amare don't have great post games so I'm gonna go with the more aggressive player. 
You guys are clueless.

Bosh is actually one of the best post-up players in the entire NBA, ranking in the 90th percentile in post efficiency according to Synergy last season, scoring 1.09 PPP on a ridiculous 549 possessions in 70 games played. Only seven players in the entire NBA posted up for more possessions than Bosh last year (despite Bosh missing 12 games), and the closest to him in efficiency was Tim Duncan at 1.04 PPP.

Double- Agree with EVERYTHING you said. Hard not too. I for one am not banking for Amare to be our No. 1. I've always viewed him as a No. 2. If we only get Melo or CP3 than we're gonna turn into what the Suns are. And I don't even think we can achieve the success the Suns did, because I doubt we'll be as good as the 04-05 Suns team.
laugh.gif

Amare has shown he doesn't need the ball in his hands to score when he was with the Suns and from what I remember from the few Toronto games I've seen it seems like the offense their was dump it to Bosh 15-18, ISO, and see what he can do. I rarely saw him moving without the ball to get him into easier scoring positions. If any Raptor fans wanna correct me go ahead, I'm just judging this from the few Raptor games I have seen with Bosh.
You guys are clueless.
Well than can please explain what in the hell that stat you just posted means.
laugh.gif
Bosh has a nice little fade away jumper from the post but that's all I've ever seen. And if that stat leans more towards Bosh than Gasol consider me completely ignoring that.
laugh.gif
I just notice that it praises Bosh for having more attempts. Well duh, who else is gonna work the low post in Toronto, Amir Johnson? I know damn well Bargs is gonna post up on anyone.

Double- Agree with EVERYTHING you said. Hard not too. I for one am not banking for Amare to be our No. 1. I've always viewed him as a No. 2. If we only get Melo or CP3 than we're gonna turn into what the Suns are. And I don't even think we can achieve the success the Suns did, because I doubt we'll be as good as the 04-05 Suns team.
laugh.gif

Amare has shown he doesn't need the ball in his hands to score when he was with the Suns and from what I remember from the few Toronto games I've seen it seems like the offense their was dump it to Bosh 15-18, ISO, and see what he can do. I rarely saw him moving without the ball to get him into easier scoring positions. If any Raptor fans wanna correct me go ahead, I'm just judging this from the few Raptor games I have seen with Bosh.
You guys are clueless.
Well than can please explain what in the hell that stat you just posted means.
laugh.gif
Bosh has a nice little fade away jumper from the post but that's all I've ever seen. And if that stat leans more towards Bosh than Gasol consider me completely ignoring that.
laugh.gif
I just notice that it praises Bosh for having more attempts. Well duh, who else is gonna work the low post in Toronto, Amir Johnson? I know damn well Bargs is gonna post up on anyone.

PPP = points per possession. In this case a possession is when Chris Bosh gets the ball in the post. Bosh may not have the strength of guys like Dwight and Amare, but he makes up for it with finesse and creativity.

Also, Bosh shot 81% last year on pick and rolls in which he rolled to the hoop (second only to Dwight), and that's without Steve Nash dishing him the ball.

So in a nutshell, it's a misconception that he's just a jump shooter on offense.

PPP = points per possession. In this case a possession is when Chris Bosh gets the ball in the post. Bosh may not have the strength of guys like Dwight and Amare, but he makes up for it with finesse and creativity.

Also, Bosh shot 81% last year on pick and rolls in which he rolled to the hoop (second only to Dwight), and that's without Steve Nash dishing him the ball.

So in a nutshell, it's a misconception that he's just a jump shooter on offense.

Also, through 3 quarters tonight Bosh has 35, 6, and 4 on 12 of 17 shooting. I'm just saying...

Also, through 3 quarters tonight Bosh has 35, 6, and 4 on 12 of 17 shooting. I'm just saying...

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

Niketalk, What does Amar'e and Kenyon Martin have in common?
mircofracture surgery....

but if Amar'e had K-Mart's defensive prowess, it would be a wrap....

but if Amar'e had K-Mart's defensive prowess, it would be a wrap....

just two athletic bigs who got overpaid after playing with great point guards. word to jake voskuhl

just two athletic bigs who got overpaid after playing with great point guards. word to jake voskuhl

Originally Posted by JD617

Without Robin Lopez, with Channing Frye and Hedo Turkoglu guarding him. And he also only has 6 boards.

And what you posted is a nice little stat, but like I said, all I've seen from him is a turnaround, fade way when he decides to post up on people. No one doubts Bosh when he faces up, but I have not seen many post up moves from Bosh at all. Again, I've only seen Bosh in Toronto a handful of times, but it seems like Raptor fans weren't impressed at all with what he had to bring with his behind to the basket game.

Back
Top Bottom