Americans got it all wrong with life, Europeans got it right with life

I agree that the majority of us Americans are living life the wrong way and spending our time and money on sht that doesn't matter.

I've always said in past threads, life experiences >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything material.

It's unfortunate that the majority of America sees it the other way around.

Sidenote: America needs to adapt the metric system asap. :lol:

-Drew

???…i live out here been to Germany, England, Scotland, Hungary, Sweden, Turkey(Europe Side) Greece and flourished..No issues with anybody getting outta line on the race thing, some places you just don't see black people so when they see us they stare or take pictures, some think were the coolest thing they've ever seen esp the womenz :evil: :evil:

Really? Just speaking of what I've heard from people who visited and docs I've seen on TV. Black women over there?

I agree that the majority of us Americans are living life the wrong way and spending our time and money on sht that doesn't matter.

QFT..havent really been spending on kicks/clothes lately and european flights are dumb cheap over here so you can pretty much go anywhere on friday and come back sunday night and spend no more than 400-$500

QFT..havent really been spending on kicks/clothes lately and european flights are dumb cheap over here so you can pretty much go anywhere on friday and come back sunday night and spend no more than 400-$500

What part of Europe do you live in, bro?

I've done most of my travels to Europe when I was younger, but I definitely will revisit some locations again as my time frees up and since I've gotten older, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to appreciate it more.

I want to go back to London. I loved it there.

Paris, Amsterdam, and the Black Forest out in Germany are definitely high on the travel bucket list for me.

-Drew

What part of Europe do you live in, bro?

I've done most of my travels to Europe when I was younger, but I definitely will revisit some locations again as my time frees up and since I've gotten older, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to appreciate it more.

I want to go back to London. I loved it there.

Paris, Amsterdam, and the Black Forest out in Germany are definitely high on the travel bucket list for me.

-Drew
England

Shoutouts to the homies in Chelmsford and Northampton (
sick.gif
)!!!!!

This is why a Nordic country is on my top list to move to.

Maybe once I'm balling, I'll renounce my american citizenship and acquire a swiss one instead :pimp:

I get essentially 30 days PTO a year and have trouble using it all. 
laugh.gif
 I figure it adds about 6 k to my annual salary 

Europeans are great, but American culture is much more my speed, faster paced, and less abstract. I like sitting for an hour or so when I go out to eat with friends. Not 4 hours 
^ this

There is so much to see and do just in the USA, you could spend a lifetime exploring it and never see it all.

I'm a consultant, so I get paid by the hour, with no PTO, but my hourly rate is high enough that it more than makes up for it.
pimp.gif

What's the family situation over there? Do parents live with their grown kids? Grandparents as well. Family structure in the USA has always amazed me.

And my topic was about Europeans and the way they travel and see the world, not life in Europe

I can only speak for myself, but I can certainly say I'm happy.

I work full-time and go to school full-time.  I'm about to graduate in two weeks and I'm getting ready to start a new  job the Monday after.  I haven't had a full day off since January, but even then all I can do is be grateful for the opportunities I've been given.  I'm the first generation of my family to graduate from college and I have a bright future ahead of me.  I don't plan on stopping my education, either.  I plan on going for an advanced degree and working the whole time I'm in school.

Am I a "workaholic"? Debatable. Am I a microcosm of how everyone feels (or should feel) about a heavy workload?  No.  

All I'm saying is...things could be way worse, and maybe we should just be thankful for the opportunities we have.

Some people are just more complacent then others. This is America, you're always going to have people that will take what others won't or that will do the jobs that others won't.
If you're jist graduating then you're still young. Wait until you hit your late 20's and 30's and realize that your best years are getting behind you and you only spent 2 weeks a year enjoying your life.

I work full-time and go to school full-time.  I'm about to graduate in two weeks and I'm getting ready to start a new  job the Monday after.  I haven't had a full day off since January, but even then all I can do is be grateful for the opportunities I've been given.  I'm the first generation of my family to graduate from college and I have a bright future ahead of me.  I don't plan on stopping my education, either.  I plan on going for an advanced degree and working the whole time I'm in school.

Am I a "workaholic"? Debatable. Am I a microcosm of how everyone feels (or should feel) about a heavy workload?  No.  

All I'm saying is...things could be way worse, and maybe we should just be thankful for the opportunities we have.
Some people are just more complacent then others. This is America, you're always going to have people that will take what others won't or that will do the jobs that others won't.
If you're jist graduating then you're still young. Wait until you hit your late 20's and 30's and realize that your best years are getting behind you and you only spent 2 weeks a year enjoying your life.
I'm actually about to turn 28 next month. This is my second degree.

I'm also starting a job where I get 4 weeks of vacation right out of the gate.

I also very much enjoy/am very much interested in the field I work in.  Who's to say you can't enjoy your time at work?

Thanks for the assumptions though. 

I'm actually about to turn 28 next month. This is my second degree.

I'm also starting a job where I get 4 weeks of vacation right out of the gate.

I also very much enjoy/am very much interested in the field I work in.  Who's to say you can't enjoy your time at work?

Thanks for the assumptions though. 

I was trying to make a point about the people who have to spend their entire adulthood with only 2 weeks a year to themselves.
4 weeks is great and compared to some of the countries listed on that chart seems to be the norm in euro. The question is why can't that be the norm here.
I'm 29 and just this past year really got good opportunities in my career where I have extended time off work. I feel you that when you like what you do work time is not a problem but I also think that people who work ****** jobs and don't enjoy their time at work shouldn't be further burdened by their employers with such minimal vacation time.
More personal time equals a more productive work place and a higher quality of life but these damn corporate tyrants would rather work their employees to the bone and then replace them with someone else instead of having a prosperous working environment

Last edited:
I agree I lived in London...

Wish I could've stayed.

And it's legal to drink in public.

Wait... Your best years are in your 20s? Says who? Your life is what you make of it.

Americans complaining about working too much (completely understandable complaints, to be clear)

Take a visit to Asia brethrens.

Going to Europe for a month in September. Can't wait. With that said. give me that NY lifestyle any day of the week. I'm all about that capital of the world big city life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom