Americans need to stay away from DR. right now.. vol. wtf is going on over in the Dominican Republic

Instagram is saying it was supposed to be a hit on his rapper companion, seated with him.

“And what they don't know will show on the autopsy
Went to see Papi, to cop me a brick
Asked for some consignment, he wasn't tryin' to hear it”

A celebrity is a much bigger target to get GOT anywhere, specially if they rolling without security...you and I are nobodies.
I'm sure we all smell like America once we touch down... Don't matter if you're big papi or Manuel from 135th st... If you shining they gonna try to get whatever they can however they can...

I just saw Papi in my time line last week, because he was in some instagram chicks pic in DR.

I thought it was odd he was rolling around in DR like that dolo like he was normal. Now this happens.

This got me freaked out. lol Went to cancun for a friends wedding a few years ago. Got extremely sick the morning I was suppose to leave. Me and my best friend. We almost didnt make our flight. But we were able to get it together. I am never going cheap on vacay again lol. Went to the bahamas in Jan and outside of the food being trash we didnt have an issue.

There shooting is on twitter also.it doesn’t even look like a robbery on tape. Shoot ran up to a crowd on a patio and let off what looks like one shot. Could easily murked him so there’s definitely room to question the shooters motive.. I say it’s an execution attempt

My family out there is saying that bullet was suppose to be for the rapper Secreto. Apparently he owed a large sum of money that he had not payed back.

The problem is non Dominicans and even bougie Dominicans are used to the resort life. They think that the entire country is lovely, lawn mowed beachfront properties. The majority of the country is poor, looking for a way out and packing guns. It's a dangerous place like most poor Caribbean countries. But now, the illusion of resort safety has been shattered so everyone is losing it. Ever since I was a kid, I've always gone to the hoods, thats where my DR family live at for the most part. They size you the **** up the moment you step in there. Even if you're of Dominican descent, they know that you're from the states. What keeps you safe in parts like that is your family name and the people around you. Respect to David Ortiz, hope he gets better but he should know that you can't just pull up anywhere and act like it's all good. It doesn't matter what you've done for the country, in any hood, there are always going to be crab in the bucket types. Not everyone is looking at you as some sort of hero. Some people are jealous, some people see a mark. I haven't been to DR in over a decade, and the last time I was there, people were looking at me crazy because they knew I was from NYC and saw that I had new, clean clothes. That's all it takes. A person like Ortiz is rich af and famous. He will forever be a target especially in his own country. He got caught slipping to keep it a buck.

All facts

I haven't returned in more than a decade myself.

Hope he’s ok and it’s not critical. Don’t get how he he had no bodyguards with him sitting out in a 100 peso yaroa spot like he can’t be touched. Throw the owner a bundle and close the place down so you can eat in peace papi or get Ninja’s hicks to secure the perimeter.
DR taking L’s this week.

I'm sure we all smell like America once we touch down... Don't matter if you're big papi or Manuel from 135th st... If you shining they gonna try to get whatever they can however they can...

I mean certain places carry a higher probability, that spot he got shot at looks like one of the little restaurant/lounges on la Venezuela...a place he shouldn’t just be hanging out at without security being a high caliber celebrity...

If it’s true Papi wasn’t supposed to get hit and the intended target had those shots coming. Don’t play with people’s money.

Hope he’s ok and it’s not critical. Don’t get how he he had no bodyguards with him sitting out in a 100 peso yaroa spot like he can’t be touched. Throw the owner a bundle and close the place down so you can eat in peace papi or get Ninja’s hicks to secure the perimeter.
DR taking L’s this week.
#NinjasHicks trending in here has me weak.

DR, like Jamaica, like Cuba, like Colombia etc etc etc

Always gotta move with a purpose and on alert. Keep the Cuban at home like what was previously mentioned and never flash how much you holding.

They will know you're American from the aura, just gotta show that you're not a mark.

Santiago and Sosua are hit up consistently with no problems with this in mind.

If you get pulled over by the armed guards/kids with rifles just shoot them a $5 and they are content, if mogs start mugging in the local spot , relocate.

All inclusives … never.

I was born there and lived from 10 years recently I go back twice a year from the last 4 years, I always go places with 3 or 4 dudes, if I take my homies from here I always call my fam to drive us around or go get stuff for us so we don’t have to into hoods or shady areas, never ever leave with a women alone, always take them to we’re we staying usually gated and protected by a guard. Just came back in April from las Terrenas. David Ortiz was there with no security big *** chains and a Ferrari. Lol, whole party stopped when he came in. I never forget that I am in a third country where people are starving. I’m from Santiago and u can get got anywhere on island. ANYWHERE ohh one more thing I will never go to an all inclusive place in dr might as well stay here for all that

Last edited:

strong this. growing up, my fam been saying this about Haiti, and learned it's the same with any other poor country in the Caribbean. now as an adult, I wanna go back to Haiti, but not trying to get caught up in some nonsense. even if i roll with a $2 cap from canal st, dingy white tee and some plain shorts, i'm American AF regardless. fam would always talk about stories of robberies or kidnappings for ransom. Not trying to fight my way out a situation, I'm not about that life.

i agree to some extent that being street smart goes a long way. I hit up PR and feel generally safe, but you won't catch me in la Perla (PR feels like a US state tho so idk how good of an example that is)

but some for some places, i feel like it doesn't matter how you move. If you not in ya element, it'll be tough regardless of how street smart you are.

DR, like Jamaica, like Cuba, like Colombia etc etc etc

Always gotta move with a purpose and on alert. Keep the Cuban at home like what was previously mentioned and never flash how much you holding.

They will know you're American from the aura, just gotta show that you're not a mark.

Santiago and Sosua are hit up consistently with no problems with this in mind.

If you get pulled over by the armed guards/kids with rifles just shoot them a $5 and they are content, if mogs start mugging in the local spot , relocate.

All inclusives … never.

Add Brazil to that list. Knew a dude who hit on the wrong chick at a bar. Chick's man and an off-duty cop took him out in the street and executed him.

Back
Top Bottom