Americans need to stay away from DR. right now.. vol. wtf is going on over in the Dominican Republic

This dude had a Rolls Royce outside of the bar.

For what? Lol.

Last time I was in Santo Domingo some kids ran up on my uncle and I thought they were tryna Rob him. But they just wanted to clean his white af1’s with a dirty towel. I had already jumped back in the van, then got back out when I realized what was going on.

We ate outside at this restaurant, I was good. I just starved. Flies everywhere. These three kids came by, and me and my cousin gave them our plates. They were eating it.

We left and our van was being chased by more doninican kids. Sorta like in Belly. Without guns.

Ended staying at this hotel in Santo Domingo, we hearing gun shots all night.

They said “free breakfast” me and my cousin was amped. We bout to get pancakes, eggs, bacon etc.

The free breakfast was melons.

I was pisssed!

When we we’re at a resort, everyone had Diahreia and we dropped 3 wet dueces a day.

We had a nude beach. It was cool. Me and my cousin would just walk around to see boobs and the ladies didn’t mind.

Add Brazil to that list. Knew a dude who hit on the wrong chick at a bar. Chick's man and an off-duty cop took him out in the street and executed him.
damn thats crazy. it's one of my bucket list items to stop by Brazil and do a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class, but i hear it can be wild. One of the women UFC champs got robbed there a few weeks ago, and a bunch of UFC staff got robbed in Brazil last year.

I was born there and lived from 10 years recently I go back twice a year from the last 4 years, I always go places with 3 or 4 dudes, if I take my homies from here I always call my fam to drive us around or go get stuff for us so we don’t have to into hoods or shady areas, never ever leave with a women alone, always take them to we’re we staying usually gated and protected by a guard. Just came back in April from las Terrenas. David Ortiz was there with no security big *** chains and a Ferrari. Lol, whole party stopped when he came in. I never forget that I am in a third country where people are starving. I’m from Santiago and u can get got anywhere on island. ANYWHERE ohh one more thing I will never go to an all inclusive place in dr might as well stay here for all that

Not from there, but this is exactly how we moved when I was there last.

I'm Trinidadian... My family is well known and some of my family members are infamous on that little island. With that being said, my last name could get me out of most situations. But I'm sure there are a group who will probably help carry my body if the price was right.

Visited El salvador years back... Had the little baby chain on and the locals still told me to be careful... I walked around with my chain tucked in dolo in San Esteban like it was the ave... Most people showed love and the ms13 was nowhere to be found... Supposedly they mostly mess with the locals for extortion and such ..

Just gotta move careful wherever you go...

ANYONE can be touched in DR. When a good chunk of your population is living in what seems like a helpless situation, they’ll resort to just about anything to make money.

I’m glad Ortiz will make a full recovery, and without knowing the particulars of the situation, im guessing the assassination attempt could have stemmed from a failed extortion plot against Ortiz, his family, or someone in his inner circle. Someone was feeling disrespected or felt like they were owed something.

This is the only way I’m trying to rationalize what happened yesterday.

Crazy stuff....and yet another wild DR incident.

strong this. growing up, my fam been saying this about Haiti, and learned it's the same with any other poor country in the Caribbean. now as an adult, I wanna go back to Haiti, but not trying to get caught up in some nonsense. even if i roll with a $2 cap from canal st, dingy white tee and some plain shorts, i'm American AF regardless. fam would always talk about stories of robberies or kidnappings for ransom. Not trying to fight my way out a situation, I'm not about that life.

i agree to some extent that being street smart goes a long way. I hit up PR and feel generally safe, but you won't catch me in la Perla (PR feels like a US state tho so idk how good of an example that is)

but some for some places, i feel like it doesn't matter how you move. If you not in ya element, it'll be tough regardless of how street smart you are.

Letting fear dictate what you do or don’t do isn’t it Chief, at least not for me, when I was younger I had a fear of flying, I had to get over that ***** because I wasn’t gonna let that fear have me stuck in the same place my whole life, to eventually die anyways...that’s the thing none of us will escape THAT endgame, no matter how much you try to preserve your life, one day you might go to sleep, roll over, fall off the bed, hit your head and boom, you are gone...with that said, yes practice caution, but go out there! I grew up in Medellin in a place called El barrio Trinidad, probably one of the worst spots of the city, pretty much the Mecca of drug dealing in Medellin...was there till 10YO and saw some **** as a kid back in the 80’s, came here and grew up in the Bronx...wasn’t a pretty childhood into adulthood years either...but I’m still kicking, i went back home on my own for the first time last year, mom and grandma bugging out, telling me not to, i went and had one of the best times, visited all my family and no one even looked at me the wrong way....who knows maybe is the naive vibe i carry myself with while I’m away, although I’m constantly alert of my surroundings that has kept me safe, but I’m happy knowing, that one day I will die and didn’t just sit idled fearing that inevitable outcome the entire time i was here.

Come to think of it, I’m notorious for doing exactly the opposite of what I’m tolf while away, I was told not to rent a scooter in the Amalfi Coastline, i rented that ***** and while my wife flipped and was scared at first, once she got over her fear monger ing she read online, she realized it was the best thing we could have done, we moved around the entire coast freely, no traffic, no parking issues, no ridiculous cab fares...lol

Would you hit a hood/slum like that in a country other than your home country tho?

Letting fear dictate what you do or don’t do isn’t it Chief, at least not for me, when I was younger I had a fear of flying, I had to get over that ***** because I wasn’t gonna let that fear have me stuck in the same place my whole life, to eventually die anyways...that’s the thing none of us will escape THAT endgame, no matter how much you try to preserve your life, one day you might go to sleep, roll over, fall off the bed, hit your head and boom, you are gone...with that said, yes practice caution, but go out there! I grew up in Medellin in a place called El barrio Trinidad, probably one of the worst spots of the city, pretty much the Mecca of drug dealing in Medellin...was there till 10YO and saw some **** as a kid back in the 80’s, came here and grew up in the Bronx...wasn’t a pretty childhood into adulthood years either...but I’m still kicking, i went back home on my own for the first time last year, mom and grandma bugging out, telling me not to, i went and had one of the best times, visited all my family and no one even looked at me the wrong way....who knows maybe is the naive vibe i carry myself with while I’m away, although I’m constantly alert of my surroundings that has kept me safe, but I’m happy knowing, that one day I will die and didn’t just sit idled fearing that inevitable outcome the entire time i was here.

i'm down with all of this. i feel you. yolo right?

4FB114DA-504C-438D-A6DA-1A046D66CA7D.gif

I respect it.

I remember going to Jamaica a few years back. Was told not to leave the resort. However, if you want the best of what the island has to offer and actually soak up the culture, you absolutely HAVE to leave the grounds of the resort. One thing I’ll never do when traveling is be a prisoner to where I booked my room.

That being said, went to a convenience store to get something, and a dude in there had a debt he never paid. Some guy came from outside and smashed his whole face in w/ a brick. No one said a thing. Dude was bleeding out on the floor, and it was business as usual in the store like nothing happened.

Back
Top Bottom