America's Best Dance Crew Season 2 Thread

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

BoogieBots FTW. Man, I had no clue his dad was in a coma. I chill with dude every now and then. Hope he wakes up soon.
they aren't really from DC are they? be honest...do they live in montgomery county?
Well Joesar lives in Lorton, about 15 miles from D.C. Mike and Miguel go to UMBC which is Baltimore. I don't know where the other two go. I guess they had to rep or pick a place in the middle. It would be kinda wack if the other groups actually said the mini cities that they hailed from as opposed to just the big overall city.

its the DMV. the same way the say people from the boonies in NY are from NYC in these kinda shows, you gotta have them rep the big center paint they are from.

they are repping the whole area so they are getting the support from the whoel area so they will rep them that way on the show.

i want them to go far though.

I honestly don't see them sticking around for another two weeks.

Their style is dope as all get-out, but the choreography is lacking.
And the other crews are just better.

yeah you have a point.

they gotta come harder (no ayo) most def.

and ayo, that asiid crew... those chicks are bad
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

Big ups to Boogie Bots!! I know Migs is on here, yo, best of luck to them.

I can't watch that show for the simple fact that Lil Mama is a host..What makes her qualified to host a dance show?..Chick can't dance at all

During the auditions I swear she said swag like 6 times.."Y'all dancin was aight but y'all had that swag..it was like this ultimate swag that wasgreater than any swaggety swaggin swag that has ever swagged berore ya digg?????"

Plus, what was good with that outfit she was rockin today?..Looking like a pizza maker from 1940

my favorites from this week were super crew and phresh select. i don't have a favorite crew right now though.

girl in the red shorts in asiid can get it

Bay Area Reppin but Supreme Soul did disappoint. I honestly don't think they can !%*! with Jabba neither.

As far as tonight goes, Super Krew, So Real, Presh Select and Fanny Pack SMASHED IT! Fanny Pack HELLA surprised the hell outta me. They are sick with it plusI think that bootleg Keri Hilson on that squad is BAD!!! Girl is CUTE as hell.

That cheerleading squad is wack as !%*! although the fake #%+ Staci Kiebler and the curly haired chick could get it.

Distortion X did their thing too.

Also
laugh.gif
at Shane keeping it EXTRA real and straight up told that boy bandthey were WACK.

^^ atleast she didn't have the whole horse tail pony tail through a hole in the fitted thing going on. Does she think she look cute? Cuz I swear, she lookslike a dude with a wig.
Everytime she talks I feel like
[Blues clues] Blue scadood you can too [/blues clues] into the tv and slapping her.
LiL momma - @*@# please?!!?

happy.gif

Originally Posted by C2345air

^^ atleast she didn't have the whole horse tail pony tail through a hole in the fitted thing going on. Does she think she look cute? Cuz I swear, she looks like a dude with a wig.
Everytime she talks I feel like
[Blues clues] Blue scadood you can too [/blues clues] into the tv and slapping her.
LiL momma - @*@# please?!!?

happy.gif

she looks like a dude because she's basically bow wow in drag

distorted x was good, fanny pack was good. sass is garbage, extreme dance force is garbage.

overall, the show is better than we all thought. but too much nonsense inbetween the dances.

I loved last season and thought Kaba Modern beat the Jabbawockeez on every single episode except for the Hip-Hop mix episode. Tonight's episode, however,was REALLY disappointing. Nothing was memorable. I wanted to like it so bad, but I was bored. Supreme Soul KILLED it in the audition episode, but really felloff tonight; I want to see them do well. The only crew that kept it consistent was Super Crew; they're impressive and all, but they're style justdoesn't do it for me. If next week's episode doesn't blow me away, I might just stop watching, and instead rewind the Kaba Modern's andJabbawockeez' performances from last season on youtube or something.

FTW!! season 2's kaba modern
smokin.gif
those chicks are super bad
devil.gif
devil.gif

IMO this week's best perfromance are: soreal cru,supercr3w,presh select,and fanny pak im starting to like them tho..
by the way sass x 7 = SMASH!!
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

Super Cr3w killed it this week.
SS was weak.
Phresh Select is a sleeper.
SoReal did good.
ASIID had a cool cencept.

That's my top 5 in no order.

Supreme Soul did fall out this week but I do believe they will be better the next following weeks....

Super Cr3w was dope this week (loved the Ninja fits) but how far can they really go in the competition?

Originally Posted by BayEST

actually, when it comes to REAL DANCING (choreography ANNND freestyling), SS is probably the only crew that can hang with jabba.

trust me i know my facts, i've been around the dance scene to know where these jabbas originated (phil joe kevin from sac/even their previous crew: mindtricks/kaboom squad)

i bet most of these crews on the show can't freestyle, and joe from jabba addressed it in a way himself. if you can't freestyle, but only choreograph, that's being half #%$ of a dancer.

SS IS MADE UP OF ALL CATS THAT CAN ACTUALLY FREESTYLE IN A NO CHOREO BATTLE (TURFING/BREAKING/FREESTYLE CHOREO/POPPING/BOOGALOO)

JABBA is made up of a lot of the same (breaking/choreo/and the most hardest: being able to be synchronized 99%)

as far as the breaking crews, it is a form of dancing, but a top group consists of great choreo as well, so even if supercre3w is looking the best, THEIR DANCE LACKS. (AND....THIS IS A DANNNCE SHOW, soo?)

MY POINT IS: SS may falter on the show, especially with the challenges, but when it comes to a battle with freestyling, SS would be the best challenge for jabba WITHOUT A QUESTION
so real might be one of the favorites, but if u really put them in a battle with jabba, the choreo will be mediocre, the usual details i.e. wrists turns, finger movements etc etc. SUPREME SOUL brings the tricks and grooves that can actually be a element towards jabba.

dont get me wrong, though. SS did falter on tonights show. but just do the research before you say that they can't hang with jabba.

Thank you for pointing that out, unfortunately not that many people are deep in the dance scene. I wasn't as involved with the choreo aspect, as many ofmy other friends who knew about World War and Battlefest, but in terms of other aspects of dancing. I definitely see the point you're making about SS andJabba. Also...

Lemme clear up this point....this show was never meant to be a bboying/breaking show, to begin with. Sure Jabbawockees has a few dancers, who originatedprimarily on that type of dance genre, but it doesn't mean that, they're all about "Bboying" primarily. As already addressed by BayEST a lotof these dancers come from many different genres of dance, so technically speaking if this were to be a "Bboy" show then obviously Super Crew, wouldtake this by now...without a doubt. Unfortunately, I have my doubts that this will happen, but again it's just a matter of opinion and I believe asunorthodox it is for some people to believe. Bboys/Bgirls are just as capable of doing choreo, as much as experienced choreo dancers. We aren't given asmuch credibility...here's some random facts, who taught Usher most of his stuff when he was on his comeback tour a few years ago...one word comes to mindFlowmaster (7gems/Footwork Fanatix)...oh and who helps Madonna with many of her tours around the world for the past year and half...Cloud Campos (SkillMethods).

Yo this isn't only a bboying/breaking show anymore.

The word "crew" has taken on a much broader scope since last season.

All types of dance is accepted and that's how it should be.

This is America's Best Dance Crew, not breaking, popping, locking, cheerings, 80, or pop crew.

Let's get that cleared up.

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Originally Posted by hella handsome

BoogieBots FTW. Man, I had no clue his dad was in a coma. I chill with dude every now and then. Hope he wakes up soon.
they aren't really from DC are they? be honest...do they live in montgomery county?
Well Joesar lives in Lorton, about 15 miles from D.C. Mike and Miguel go to UMBC which is Baltimore. I don't know where the other two go. I guess they had to rep or pick a place in the middle. It would be kinda wack if the other groups actually said the mini cities that they hailed from as opposed to just the big overall city.

its the DMV. the same way the say people from the boonies in NY are from NYC in these kinda shows, you gotta have them rep the big center paint they are from.

they are repping the whole area so they are getting the support from the whoel area so they will rep them that way on the show.

i want them to go far though.

I honestly don't see them sticking around for another two weeks.

Their style is dope as all get-out, but the choreography is lacking.
And the other crews are just better.

yeah you have a point.

they gotta come harder (no ayo) most def.

and ayo, that asiid crew... those chicks are bad
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

My girl's cousin is also in Culture Shock, the youth outreach dance program where they all met at located in D.C., and she talks to them often. Trust me, they don't expect to win it all. They were just happy to be on the show haha. Each of them dance too differently from each other if you watch closely. Like one is too smooth with it while the guy next to him is too sharp and precise. I think they'll go a little further though. They got every damn Filipino in the DMV area voting for them haha.

i think supreme soul is goin to take it.
they didnt come wit it this week but they'll be coo

why are the judges acting like last yrs show was sooo good
laugh.gif

imo the collection of this years dancers>>>last yrs...

i think Soul Supreme just got comfortable. they obviousl have the capacity to be the best crew on the show and honestly they have the best of both worlds tome. they all can break,pop,lock,turf, and do choreo dance...so i see them rebounding next show

soReal is gettin compared to kaba cuz they asian
laugh.gif
...but i see them having MUCH more flavor than kaba much better freestyle dancers than kaba

Supercrew...came with a dope performance...they should go far but i still see chore being a problem for them.

SS is amazing and all but I think they won't take the crown.
Being cocky and arrogant works in a battle but it won't work on a show like this.

Are they just stupid? Do they not know that the same people who will be voting for them are the ones who voted for Jabba last year?

Originally Posted by aJ232Kb8

FTW!! season 2's kaba modern
smokin.gif
those chicks are super bad
devil.gif
devil.gif

IMO this week's best perfromance are: soreal cru,supercr3w,presh select,and fanny pak im starting to like them tho..
by the way sass x 7 = SMASH!!
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

i gotta rep my crew from h-town. good friends with couple in the group. i think they did good this week. SS... i was really looking for more of a bang, butthe head movements with the hats at the end was cool. didnt catch the rest of them but i think fanny pak needs to leave, IMO, but maybe im wrong from all thereplys about them.

the females in the audience FTW!

i know im not the only one that saw the girl behind shane during the audition ep..
laugh.gif

that was hilarious when Shane told XDF they were WACK
eek.gif
roll.gif

Super Crew won week 1

Distorted_X.jpg

frown.gif
cant believe theyre gone andthose Wack boys and the cheerleaders are still there
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom