America's Best Dance Crew Season 2 Thread

The show just got mad corny after Fanny Pack got eliminated. I was even cool with the team I wanted to win, Supreme Soul got eliminated but I think it wasbecause they focused too much on the people instead of the dancing. Big ups to the new teams and the winning team this year though. Jabbowockeez would stillmurder against any of these crews! no no on the shirts though.

Originally Posted by afresh

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

Browsing some videos of auditions for season 2 on MTV.com and saw some pretty good crews. Someone school me on Massive Monkees from Seattle. Apparently they were gonna be in the casting show but they had to pull out due to contract issues with MTV or something like that. They are a bboy crew and could have challenged Super Cr3w.

Dance MTV User =About Me= Video - video powered by Metacafe
I'm from Seattle and Massive Monkees are pretty well known here. They won the bboy world championships I believe a few years back and they were hired to dance Sonics games as the "Seattle Boom Squad" lol. They're pretty legit but yeah the rumors were that they didn't want to sign an MTV contract and be stuck with them.
Other than "being stuck with MTV," they were pretty unhappy with what was on the contract.

They're real down to earth... Too down to earth to sign with Season 2.

Massive Monkees is a solid squad. They can definitely hold it down.

I remember them rippin' it from way back when BBoy Summit was still new to the scene,�and back @ the early years of Freestyle Session.

Twixx and Juice Boogie... Those 2 are straight nasty. Ohh, and Anna Banana.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IGotSOLE

Originally Posted by aJ232Kb8

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Next season needs to just be the 10 best crews, regardless of region. But I'm sure MTV wouldn't do that because they want the whole geographical battle going on; plus it would change the finale. There's no reason why Sass x 7 should have made it
tired.gif

What's the dance scene like in NY? I'm still waiting for a crew to come out of there

And SMH at this fool Perez Hilton. Julissa interviewed him on the pre-show and it was awkward. Dude probably never watched the show, can't even get the crews right. He said he was cheering for So Real Cru because he likes the bboying
indifferent.gif

i agree 100% with you, the whole regional thing is stupid and it should just be the best of the best

co-sign. that's why team millenia didn't made it
tired.gif
i rather see them than xtreme dance force
mad.gif
TM would've won or at least gotten to finals easy if not for rigged regions.
I heard TM can still audition for the next season. Hope they can because they would most likely win it all.

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

oh btw that lakers/celtics analogy was horrible
laugh.gif
Word. Whoever said that gets a laugh from me:
laugh.gif

Dude said how So Real Cru dominated all season and compared them to the Lakers and how Super Cr3w was the Celtics due to how they went into the bottom a fewtimes?

Did you watch the 07-08 season at all? Cause i'm pretty sure the Celtics had the best record in the league.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Apollo XXXIII

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dude said how So Real Cru dominated all season and compared them to the Lakers and how Super Cr3w was the Celtics due to how they went into the bottom a few times?

Did you watch the 07-08 season at all? Cause i'm pretty sure the Celtics had the best record in the league.
laugh.gif

should've used the Pats instead

Browsing some videos of auditions for season 2 on MTV.com and saw some pretty good crews. Someone school me on Massive Monkees from Seattle. Apparently they were gonna be in the casting show but they had to pull out due to contract issues with MTV or something like that. They are a bboy crew and could have challenged Super Cr3w.

��� ��� ��� ��� Dance MTV User =About Me= Video - video powered by Metacafe

from what I heard... in order to go onto the show, they had to change their name... MTV didn't like the name of "massive monkey's," hence,soul sector = supreme soul... and also, MTV didn't want any crews that where sponsored, and massive monkey's where... so yeah. pretty wack. they wouldhave won it all

what was the deal with team millenia? i have no idea who they are and didnt really follow the show until a few episodes in. why did they get shafted if theywere really good enough to make it to the finals?

TM was decent, easily better than crews from non-West regions that made it. You can watch their one performance on dancecrew.mtv.com by going to Watch FullEpisodes then to the Audition/Casting Special link then by running your mouse over the dots below the screen until you see their name. They weren't as goodas Supreme Soul, So Real Cru, or Fanny Pak. I actually went back and watched So Real Cru performances from earlier in the season, and they started reallystrong and impressive, only to start to fall off towards the end when more people started paying attention. Super Cr3w still only had 1 good performance theentire season (We Fly High), the rest being absolute garbage--especially the basketball one that Shane loves. They look like complete dorks out there who havenever played a game of basketball in their lives. Supreme Soul's hockey performance on the other hand was
pimp.gif
. It's beyond me why one or both of Lil Mama or JC chose to save Super Cr3wover Supreme Soul that night.

Out of all the bboy crews out there, Massive is probably the single crew that most would think could easily make the transition from bboy crew tochoreographed, all-around dance crew.

They've integrated routines into their battle tactics moreso than any other bboy crew out there.

I had no idea that they tried out. Wow.

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

what was the deal with team millenia? i have no idea who they are and didnt really follow the show until a few episodes in. why did they get shafted if they were really good enough to make it to the finals?
team millenia are one of the nicest crews from so cal and have won battles there. they have even beaten kaba modern in the past from othercompetition (Vibe XIII). but unlike supreme soul, they didnt brag about it

reason they got eliminated in the casting episode was because of the lame idea of having east coast / west coast / south / watever rivalry. producers reallymessed up... the competition doesnt up the more qualified crews in the show basically.

also their audition routine wasnt the best either. it seemed like they were just warming up for that audition cuz ive seen way better performances from them

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by Apollo XXXIII

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dude said how So Real Cru dominated all season and compared them to the Lakers and how Super Cr3w was the Celtics due to how they went into the bottom a few times?

laugh.gif

should've used the Pats instead
yo i made a mistake what i mean is the playoffs to finals
frown.gif
soreal dominate the season like lakers in playoffs then fell off in the finals,on the other side super cr3w struggled the season like celtics in the playoffsthen win the title
glasses.gif

The front of the line for the audience of today's episode started @ 10:00 AM [PST] this morning.
smh.gif

Taping doesn't even start until 7:00 PM.

Tonight's episode is gonna be ill [or at least hoping it'll turn out good].

It's basically just a "let's have fun" episode.

Jabbawockeez + Status Quo + Kaba Modern + BreakSk8 + Super Cr3w + SoReal + Fanny Pak.

Anywho, I'm off.

Back
Top Bottom