Amy Winehouse Dead at 27

Originally Posted by DT43

Amy Winehoouse thread = 6 pages within hours

Norway bombing thread = 2 pages

ahh, gotta love it.

You just added to the 6 pages, congrats

Butttt I see your point...

Originally Posted by Nako XL

the winehouse thing is sad because i think we all have those demons and certain things that tug at us daily and to see a contemporary, particularly one so vastly talented, succumb to them is just scary. everyone says they "aren't surprised" but i think somewhere deep down we all are. sure we all watched her descent, but i'd say not since kurt cobain has someone with so much potential burned out so soon and so loudly. it's kind of jarring.

the whole thing is tragic.
Bro...i'm not in the slightest bit surprised.  I'm more shocked at her actually living as long as she did with the way she lived her life. 

Never the less, RIP...

and...

ahh, gotta love it.

ahh, gotta love it.

laugh.gif

tired.gif

30t6p3b.gif

RIP. Frank and Back to Black are still in constant rotation. I loved her music. So much talent

Originally Posted by joeykadesh

ahh, gotta love it.

You just added to the 6 pages, congrats

Butttt I see your point...

Norway thread is only 2 pages because the psycho that did it was a white dude..If he was a Muslim it would be filled with NT'ers quoting the dude that said "Religion of peace huh?"
grin.gif

Always sad to hear a lost of talent, RIP Amy. Who knows what she was really going through, hope she finds peace on the other side.

Never knew about the 27 club, mind blown.

ahh, gotta love it.
Death is still a tragedy, should I feel guilty for feeling sad about her death? Is there a rank of importance with death? It's wrong to insinuate that a certain number of people should feel more upset about any tragedy and to de-value any loss of life. Death sucks, all of it sucks, but it's not a competition.
Some people choose to not announce their feelings or emotions on every single topic, it doesn't mean that those feelings or emotions don't exist. This is what is wrong with social media today. Just because I don't post, make a status, tweet, or make some announcement about osolo or amy it means I don't care, right?

Death isnt a contest or platform to patronize others for how they express their emotions.

I made the same observation about the Amy Winehouse and Norway bombing threads as well but am not really surprised by it.

If something happens outside of the States a lot of people on here are indifferent about it, and while Winehouse's death didn't occur in the States either, a lot of people here were affected by her music or intrigued/shocked with her downward spiral into drug addiction.

ahh, gotta love it.
Shut up.

People reply to threads about things that they can relate to. I guarantee you that more people on here have listened to and enjoyed Amy's music than even just know a person from Norway.

RIP AW. Amazing talent. Sad she couldn't get it together.

So TRAGIC. Something in me feels like she decided along time ago to die from drug/liq use. I swear she was about that billie holiday life... You can here it in her music that she was about that life. Frank was my fav, so i'll jam that lp today. Would have loved to see healthy amy perfom live with cherry
pimp.gif
 Shout out to the greats that are resting above

images

images

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

ahh, gotta love it.
Shut up.

People reply to threads about things that they can relate to. I guarantee you that more people on here have listened to and enjoyed Amy's music than even just know a person from Norway.

Was going to say exactly what DaJoka004 said.
Sucks to see her go. Always hoped shed clean up and put her efforts into music.

ahh, gotta love it.
Why make a competition out of it? 
Both events are tragic, regardless.   

*Edit:

DaJoka004 beat me to it.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

ahh, gotta love it.
Shut up.

This.

And turn on the new right now dudes. Any station. All the talk is about Amy or bipartisanship. Don't blame the people when the news feeds us the !+%$. A lot of people don't even know about the bombing.

Man, this sucks. She was one of the greats.

What's so ironic is that her addiction was the fuel and impetus behind that great songwriting and music of hers. She had no way out.

RIP.

Back
Top Bottom