AND 1 - Discussion / New Releases [ 2007 Samples pg.17 ]

ChiKicks -- If you need an outdoor shoe, the traction on those is very durable and nice. Good wide-channeled herringbone.
IT IS[/center]

Quote:
The Vapors remind me so much of something Taylor would of designed.

:wow:
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
EXACTLY what I though...Right when I saw those white/yellow/grey..First thing that popped in my mind, Justin Taylor?...
Definition for ARFF- A blocked shot or rejection.
Arffinater- One who arffs a lot.

He didn't do those...though I can see where the similarities between his Zoom Quickening rendering and those are drawn.

His first shoe is cleeeeean...and it will feature something NEVER before done in the industry regarding lacing. :wink:
wink.gif

IT IS[/center]

^ Go for it in Sneaker Art... :lol:
laugh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

All the dudes at And1 are immensely talented....for having only 3 designers they all have unique styles and different things they can bring to the table. Their @#%$ is def. on the come up.
IT IS[/center]

Then I will be waiting for that. I was disappointed that they were releasing another all patent sneaker again. Take away the patent...boring. The Starburys were sick, in the blue/white all stars. Got a steal on ebay for 30 dollars. I can understand all star releases, but releasing GR models with all patent isn't the way to go...

I would hate to see And1 go in a route similar to DADA. I am not saying they will, which I think they will go in the other direction.

One thing I am loving is the PRICE!!! It is going to be a pain to see the price rise once And1 gets popular. At least I can look forward to Footlockers, Champs, Athlete's foot, and Finishlines carrying more models of And1s. I have yet to see a pair of Drives in person. I know they are in Champs, and some Finishlines. I haven't seen one yet though...

I see Taylor leaving for more of an elite brand, such as Nike. It will be a shame, because I like seeing competitors getting better. Makes more of a variety in basketball brands. No fun if there are only like 1, 2, or three brands to pick from.

Hopefully And1 uses those ankle straps/clips that Taylor uses in a lot of his designs. I wish the Jordan XX strap was detachable. It was OK for balling, but annoying as hell for casual.
'S RARE NIKE SNEAKERS!!!HERE HERE HERE!!!

^ I feel you on the XX comment...wish it detachable like the Zoom Super Bad.

Personally...I love patent. Shine, flair, and gloss. I have no problem with it. Love the Hyperflight, and I love the Phantom. The upper is sleek yet is resilient and doesn't crease much at all, even after the stress of hours of ball. Call me crazy, but I like the Cdubbz a lot, so the Dada comment isn't too much of a slight, and the Phantom is a well designed shoe in many aspects and its only feature isn't just patent.
IT IS[/center]

Don't get me wrong, I love patent too, especially the Hyperflights. I own the yellow and the purple pairs...gotta love em. I tried out the Cdubbz back when they first released, but they were way too stiff, and the comfort was horrible as well. Some looked clean, like the white/chrome and the black/chrome. When they made 30 colors...that's what I am talking about. I hope AND1 doesn't do that. Whenever Dada creates a sneaker, they release 30 colors of it. If the Cdubbz performed well, I would be buying a few pairs of the white based colors, and maybe one of the exotic.

Basically, I don't want to see And1 releasing a whole bunch of patent colors ways that aren't needed...similar to Dada. I can understand a few. Maybe the Phantom lives up to its name, but I just don't see much in it. Based on design IMO And1 Future patents>Phantoms. I liked the future's basic design. That's just me...

I feel bad, I have yet to buy a pair of Edges. I NEED to find the apples in store. I guess I will call more around. Can't wait for the Franchises to release too, I saw them in KICKS as well. It didn't seem that the cut was lowered though...

^ They mighta used a sample pair for the pics in KICKS

EDIT: They def. did cause the forefoot air bag wasn't pictured.
IT IS[/center]

eek.gif
eek.gif
@ And 1 having just 3 designers...crazy...

And don't get me started with the DADA thing :lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
...It was sick when Webber broke em out in the dunk contest/all star game...All chrome and black/chrome..There was so much mystery around the shoe....But the DADA completly destroyed and killed the shoe with then 239342745275888575485857558 colors....

But new lacing system? Im hyped...
Definition for ARFF- A blocked shot or rejection.
Arffinater- One who arffs a lot.

I hope that the Franchises are sample pics. The ankle height could be the difference between me buying them or not...

Why does it feel that only a few people are posting in this thread frequently :frown:
frown.gif

I must have around 20 posts in this thread alone...

This forum would be so much better if it was viewed by more people. I am blown away by how many posts there are in this thread. Then again, it could be just 13 people posting 20 times :b
tongue.gif

Then again, I would hate the forum to be turned into the JB forum. So maybe it is fine right where it is.

there is good info on adidas and, with this thread, And 1. I'm still waiting for the scoop on the return of Pony. saw them again in Kicks, very odd.

Any word if the Edge low will come in more colors than Kicks showed... there were a lot of white based and only that one black (also a red not shown on this thread). I'd really like to see something in navy.

I'm not an insider, but I truly need to make more of an effort to post on NT .

But I recently have decided that and 1 has overtaken Reebok and Nike as my second favorite sneaker brand behind Adidas.

I mean wow. They're doing it!

I could easiliy see myself copping 4 pairs of the Edges alone.

1.White/Gum
2. black/white/ red (sole :wow:
eek.gif
:smile:
smile.gif

3. green apples (the sole :wow:
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
)
4. navy/baby blue/ white...very dope as well.

The Franchises in my opinion were one of the dopest kicks in Kicks Magazine. Wow. Those are smooth and clean. I'm worried about the upper rubbing on the achilles, but I honestly am a fan of higher cut shoes.

The Open Run was innovative with the spandex....

I'm fine with not many posting here. Quite frankly, I like what I like, and I could care less what people say.

3Stripes....

I am going with TWhiteB on this due to the fact that JT and I were looking at the pics of the Vapor at work and even he thought that the rendering of the zoom quickening was the one that people were talking about. If you are in doubt, take a look at @#%$.com under the "focus artist gallery" and pic which rendering you think it is...if its not there, then you are thinking of someone else.

The Shoe God Has Spoken

Thanks for all the love guys. We are definately in the process of taking things in a new direction over here. I thnk we need to start cuttin' Nick a check for all the advertising he is doin' for us! LOL! Trust me, you haven't seen anything yet.
[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom