:wow:
eek.gif
At the pic!!!

eek.gif
At you taking the pic of the store's model

Second thinking on the $40 tag on those black/white/red now... :frown:
frown.gif

It's not like I wear the same sneaker everyday/week. I rotate, so maybe it won't be so bad. It won't be like I'm balling in them everyday.
It's TheBrandWith3...
'S RARE NIKE SNEAKERS!!!HERE HERE HERE!!!

I don't care. I will wear the apples casually if I have to...
Latest Pickup: Air Jordan 4 Retro "Mars Blackmon"(white/varsity red-black) &
Air Jordan 4 Retro "Militaries" (off white/military blue-n grey)

I always thought it was unfair of Prof K to show that pic with the I3s and never try it with other shoes. because some shoe he reviewed had the same issue and he gave them high ratings (FP3 for example).

^The FP3 don't do that.....
Definition for ARFF- A blocked shot or rejection.
Arffinater- One who arffs a lot.

I have the gold flightposite 3 BG and I'm pretty certain they do. I can give it a shot when I get home and let you know if you want.

I have a feeling your bending them the wrong way....out rather then in....

eek.gif
That's not good. I'll probably try them out when I do get them. I might just wear them casually.

Quote:
Love the first. Used to be a huge And1 supporter in middle school. Would probably buy depending on the performance of the first pair for ball.

Same as for me, back in Jr high... back in 2000 I was in love with the Tai Chi and wasn't that into Nike. And 1 lost tons of ground since then, it's nice to see them comming back, I want them to be competitive in basketball.... their only division.

:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the pic of the bending shoe!

Who told you that Plantar faciitis came from that???? :rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
This condition is caused by a inflexible SOLEUS!! ** Edit Faciitis is the SYMPTOM of the tight soleus

Most road race shoes bend in that fashion, don't you think that the runners who run barefoot would have the same issue? What about Nike's free shoes? They bend that way too!

Remember, INFLEXIBLE OR TIGHT SOLEUS. This is the muscle that runs beneath the calf. *** edit beneath the gastrocnemius.

Geeezzzuuuuuuss!!!!

Peace

Whether or not that flexing of the shoe causes it, I cannot say. But running barefoot does seem to increase your chance of getting it. And tight calf muscles are just one cause.

From web md: If you are a runner, you increase your chance of developing plantar fasciitis if you:

* Abruptly change the intensity or duration of your running routine.
* Run on steep hills.
* Wear running shoes that do not have a cushioned sole, lack good arch support, or are worn out.

I wasn't dissing you my man! I was actually addressing the first cat who brought his pic AND warning! :lol:
laugh.gif

Now, to address what web md has stated:

All of the protocols addressed can cause Plantar issues, if those surrounding muscles are not trained and conditioned, then cooled down properly, with proper range of motion techniques and stretching. Such high impact training can cause the Soleus, and the accompanying Achilles Tendon, to become inflamed due to the limited range of motion that uphill training and interval training can incur. (Short striding.)

Peace

No dis taken :pimp:
pimp.gif

Just trying to clear up what is good vs. bad for the foot. Seem like nike likes to confuse its customers pushing midfood support, then coming out with the Free, which has none. Oh and then they come out with "free inspired" hoop shoes which are very stiff in the midfoot. The logic is hard to follow.

Well, those of us who know better, know better. All we can do is call the bull when we see it, then back it up with evidence. I know that this is quite a competitive industry, but a lie, is a lie. BTW, you know the 2K4's do that fold thing too! :lol:
laugh.gif

Back in the old days when no shoe had a stiff shank plate EVERYBODY had plantar fasciitis. In fact people couldn't even play basketball because as soon as they ran downcourt without a carbon fiber shank plate, they collapsed to the floor, crippled with plantar fasciitis. I didn't even walk until I was 6 years old because my mom couldn't find baby shoes with a shank plate. I think shank plate should run for president. I think shank plate would be a democrat becuase shank plate cares about the little man. But maybe shank plate would be a republican because the price of shoes always goes up when he's involved in the deal.

Man, I'm sorry. This started out as just a silly comment to help illustrate the overratedness of the shank plate, but it has gotten way out of hand. I apologize. I'll never say shank plate again.

Shank plate shank plate shanke plate!!!

Traveler9,

for someone who wants to design shoes, i sincerely hope you aren't serious or i wouldn't want you to ever get a job with any company. "back in the day"!? even old kicks like weapons and air forces have shank plates or atleast have rigidness under the arch. Unless you are talking shoes from the 30's and 40's, basically all hoops shoes use shank plates. there are clear differences between someone plays ball, knows anything about the kinetics of the foot or can just draw pretty shoes.

Cyde Aphekt,

Quote:
Most road race shoes bend in that fashion, don't you think that the runners who run barefoot would have the same issue? What about Nike's free shoes? They bend that way too!

running and basketball are very different. running is straight line, linear motion. i'm not trying to argue what part of the foot causes what injury, but that fact is running involves stretching and flexing in only one direction. basketball involves movement about more than one axis of the foot. That is why nike allows flexibility in free shoes and not in basketball shoes.

sure, a shank plate can stop the flexing of the shoe in the direction shown in those pics. but thats not fully why shank plates are incorporated into shoes. its for TORSIONAL rigidness. The term torsion is not straight line rotation about one axis as in running, it is the TWISTING of a body. do you experience this twisting in running? no. do you experience it in basketball? yes. Bending a shoe as in the pictures just shows that the lack of rigidness in its rotation about that axis would be similarly present in its torsional rotation as well.

Free came about from barefoot runners, not barefoot ballers. free running and training shoes are made to emulate barefoot runners by strengthening your foot/muscles to prevent injuries. But thats only achieved through PROGRESSIVE training or running schedules nike designed, for people who arent adapted to barefoot running, to follow.

chris chicago,

if the carbon fiber plate cracked on your fp3's? also, there is a definite different between free shoes and free-inspired shoes. nike's hoop line with 'free-inspired' midsoles just use the concept of the segmented midsole for added flexibility in the FOREFOOT. They obviously dont want flexibility in the arch as in the true free shoes because of the differences in movement between basketball vs. running/training.

Also Cyde Aphekt, 2K4s do not bend like that.

First of all, :lol:
laugh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
at Traveler9!!!! That had me :rofl:
roll.gif
over here!

JoeBob,
How are you, thanks for adding that.
You are 100 percent correct about Hoops and running using different forces and loading principles. The torque on a foot while pivoting, uses a tremendous amount of pressure. That can lead to a myriad of problems to the unprotected fascia at the base of the foot. You've nailed it! BUT! The amount of support needed to protect the fascia will vary from Athlete to Athlete. To suggest that EVERYONE should stay away from a certain shoe, due to the lack of support in that area, is irresponsible. This is what I think that Chris and I are addressing, and it stinks of promotion for a certain company, while downing another.

Lets use a couple of examples,

The Air Jordan XII has to be one of the most rigid Basketball shoes that Nike/Jordan has ever made. That thing wont bend in any direction when you first wear it on court. It even has a clunking noise when you run in them. For someone like me, a shoe this stiff will wreck havoc on my Achillies Tendon. This is due to the lack of flexibility at the midfoot, aided by the TYPE of shank and midsole used in that shoe. I don't know if you've ever worn this shoe, but if you have it, compare it to any other shoe in your collection, you'll see what I mean.

But with a shoe like the Iverson shoe that was shown, then the And1 Edge, I'm good! I also play in lows alot, so I think that you get what I am saying.

Understanding that all players are different, then having different needs, will stop alot of these generalizations on what is a good shoe, even what should be "popular".

If a certain shoe company is that insecure, needing to put out false information about what is the best, I would not support their product.

It's a bit juvenile, don't you think?

*Edit*

I'm glad to hear that Nike didn't have anything to do with that pic.

^ That is very true, I guess everyone's foot is different.

I also guess that since 99% of hoops shoes from all sorts brands from Nike to adidas to AND1 to New Balance or even Avia are usually more rigid under the arch, that the research and development deptartment in all these companies feel the AVERAGE person needs needs some kind of torsional rigidness. Consider your needs to be deviant and unrepresentative of the average person.

And yes, you're actually right. The 2K4's do bend like that. But it does take quite a bit more force and I could not get it to the extent of the other shoes pictured. That means the carbon fiber shank is doing its job in preventing bending at the midfoot as it was designed to do.

Of course all shoes can be bent to that shape with the right amount of force. Its just that some (ie playoff ii and and1 edge, etc) bend much easier and may be bad for the average person and may be good for special people as yourself.

I'm not "special" :lol:
laugh.gif
, I'm just aware of the misinformation that's being spread.

Modern dancers like those from Alvin Ailey run, jump, lift, lunge, twist and split, while using more athleticism than any Basketball player ever will. They do it on stage, and they do it barefoot. Isn't that interesting? Some even wear shoes that specifically bend at the midfoot, I wonder why?????? :wink:
wink.gif

I am not sure what the carbon plate looks like so I can't say for sure if it is broken or not. I do know I've only worn those fp3s a few times b/c they are too narrow, and heavy. so if the plate is broken it is most likely wasnt very sturdy. also, I did not have to apply a lot of pressure to get it to bend.

JoeJoe, the fact that most hoop shoes are rigid under the arch isnt enough to conclude that this is physically the best way to build a hoops shoe. though i will concede it suggests it. But I'm more curious about the science and rationale behind this design detail. Is it really better (absoolutely necessary/) or is it just something they add on, hype up, and charge more for?

Finally, to be fair, the bending shoe picture wasnt a marketing ploy by Nike. That was all prof K, who knew more about shoes than I do and wrote some great stuff. I just thought he was exhibiting a little excessive pro nike bias by going after reebok like that. That said,his site was cool and it's too bad he no longer posts here.

joejoebob-
Quote:
for someone who wants to design shoes, i sincerely hope you aren't serious or i wouldn't want you to ever get a job with any company

Too Late...

:wink:
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom