AND 1 - Discussion / New Releases [ 2007 Samples pg.17 ]

Wow. $75 dollars only? Consider them copped. Has anyone played in these yet?

This coming season there are 3 releases i'm looking foward to most:

Lebron IV
The new Adidas Decade (can't remember the name, but the A3 decades have been some of my favorites to play in the past few years)

And 1 Franchise:

I saw the white Arroyo exclusives on And 1, as well as the black/red one in the most recent issue of slam. :wow:
eek.gif
:wow:
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
---All look like money.

I also saw that the edge lows release on the 15th of January, but Slam never seems to be on point with their release dates...

^^where did you find the decade 06's? I looked for those but only saw them at sport authority and the colorway was boring.

I'm still hoping they'll drop a bunch of patent colorways late like they did with the first a3 decades. Or some lows. not looking good though.

oh, and they posted this new pic of the franchises on and1 site.

POD_1_over.jpg

4d4g56a.jpg

JButta: I have played in this shoe, and, honestly, they have become one of my favorite balling shoes for the time being. The shoe is very low to the ground. It is extremely light, weighing in at a mere 12.4 ounces in a men's size 9. It provides excellent court feel and stability, and the high midsole wrap makes it feel extremely hard to roll over.

You can see in the following pics that the shoe has a forefoot specific plate, that, according to the designer, provides more natural court feel and allows the shoe to be set up lower to the ground. This is where the added stability comes from. The plate is flexible enough to allow natural movement of the foot, but is stiffer in the arch area for nice support.
4gg01sw.jpg

2aj2pn5.jpg

. . .and it's been this way forever. . .
[email protected]

A very minor correction on JT's post... Weighing the Vapor that is closer to the production sample produces a result of 12.1 ounces...not that great of a difference, but lighter just the same.

THE SHOE GOD HAS SPOKEN

joejoebob2099... from you, back on 9-16 (didn't see your post until now)...

Quote:
Traveler9, for someone who wants to design shoes, i sincerely hope you aren't serious or i wouldn't want you to ever get a job with any company. "back in the day"!? even old kicks like weapons and air forces have shank plates or atleast have rigidness under the arch. Unless you are talking shoes from the 30's and 40's, basically all hoops shoes use shank plates. there are clear differences between someone plays ball, knows anything about the kinetics of the foot or can just draw pretty shoes.

The sarcasm in my post obviously escaped you. Perhaps you should read it again. Also... are all those insinuations directed at me?

JT, I appreciate the info....

The thing that I've really appreciated about And 1 this fall is they're taking risks, and in my opinion, they're really paying off...The Edge looks great (should be picking up the apples this weekend). The innovation continues with the Vapors....

Chris Chicago, I have a pair of just the regular decades released blue/white/silver...Got them off of Eastbay during the F&F. The Brand With 3 Stripes said the patents wouldn't release, but if they do... :D
happy.gif
It'll be a dissapointment seeing as how they were all over the NBA this year.

oh yeah. the blue white silvers were my favorite colorway but they disappeared in my size before f&f. if those patents don't pop up it will be a damn shame. they should retro the top ten 2000 to make up for it.

ajt, next summer! you guys are making us wait until january for the edge lows and now you're talking about next summer!

The design of the vapors is insane BUT I do not like the exposed ankle part of the shoe.

Only thing I can about when playin ball in where my ankle is and the traction of the shoe.

Exposing the ankle to me is a total turn off.

[/b]

Quote:
Wow. $75 dollars only? Consider them copped. Has anyone played in these yet?

2en0md2.jpg

(resized em...and excuse the boxes...just moved in to the apt...and moving with shoes = :smh:
nono.gif
)
IT IS[/center]

^^ Those vapors look even better in blue.

After playing about 10 games in the edges, I think they're great shoes, but not perfect for everyone obviously.
They're extremely light, the lightest i've ever worn, and the traction was pretty good on a very dirty court. The cushioning was a little better than average, but more than i would expect from them considering they were so light. The fit was very good and I felt like my foot never moved inside the shoe. The heel to toe movement felt very good, and it almost felt like the shoe gave a little spring foreword when I pushed off onto my toes. The ankle support was extremely minimal, and wasn't very reassuring. But considering it felt like my foot was about to tip, i never rolled my ankle in them. Finally no-show socks can't be worn with these unless you want serious chafing. Other than these few down sides, the edge is a unique shoe because its so light, and unless you're a big man or need a lot of ankle support i would definately recommend them. Considering the price, I don't think they can be beat.

Also I got more positive comments about how people liked the black red color of these shoes that the last three jordans I wore combined. Everyone asked if they were new jordans, and were suprised when I told them they were and 1s. Great looking shoes in person.

I like how And 1 seems to be releasing shoes that the players actually wear like the Franchises on their website. Other shoe companies could learn from this.

Team White EBoy, really dig that color as well. I hear you about moving with lots of shoes (and i only have 21 pairs, which seems to be only a fraction of yours)

Possibly my favorite thing about And 1 besides the new designs, is that when I'm wearing them, I'll be the only or one of the few wearing them on the court. I'm new to posting here, but I'll tell you my mission is to be very unique in my tastes.

But the Vapors look like the complete performance/style package, as well as the Franchises :pimp:
pimp.gif

Quote:
Everyone asked if they were new jordans, and were suprised when I told them they were and 1s. Great looking shoes in person.

I got the EXACT reaction the first time I wore the white/blue Franchise.
IT IS[/center]

I think the upcoming AND1 designs are great and all, but I don't think they resember Jordans AT ALL. Both have their different styles...

Hey, anyone living in Florida able to hook me up in November with the Arroyo Franchise? The PR Franchises are only suppose to release in Florida and PR...all help is appreciated!
-T B W 3 S[/b]...

i got u just let me know when they drop

Pain is weakness leaving the body - unless it's your acl tearing then the pain just stays and so does that crunchy sound!!!!!

TBW3S --

I'm pretty sure the Franchises will release online for $80...they up right now with a launch date.

Quote:
I don't think they resember Jordans AT ALL. Both have their different styles...

I think the same thing...but it's just an example of how some people only relate "good design" to coming from the Jordan Brand (which is laughable in it's own right). So if something is hot....they assume it's Jordan.
IT IS[/center]

Yeah i don't think any and 1s look like jordans at all, but the guys i play basketball with think that all good looking shoes = Jordans or maybe nikes.

a couple of my friends actually thought that the edges looked like 2k4s around the toes and heels, and i can see what they mean if you compare them.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Possibly my favorite thing about And 1 besides the new designs, is that when I'm wearing them, I'll be the only or one of the few wearing them on the court. I'm new to posting here, but I'll tell you my mission is to be very unique in my tastes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^ I agree with this 100%. Its funny to hear people saying they didnt know And 1 made shoes like that, and then they never believe they were so affordable.

the vapors dropping in Q1 2007? anyonek now the specific release dates of the shoe line?

Back
Top Bottom