And 1 Mixtape Vol 1. Appreciation Vol. Skip To My Lou!!

Man the memorys

In 1999 I was 19 me n my boys from England 3 outa 4 of us were ballas would go stay in Philly center city chinatown n in the evenings hit up the PAL centersall around the city are friend was a co-ordinator for PAL in Philly.

Now understand that our dream was to go into the hood and play ball hard nosed tough city ball so we loved this.

We took a day trip upto New York Greyhounded it and hit up the NBA store etc but we was in Dr Jays on 34th when we see this streetball tape playin was on aminute loop n we spotted Fat Joe on there.So we hit up the counter n they like thas volume 2 but heres vol1 so we scooped us a copy each.

Next day we got to a PAL center early n watched this tape n we was buggin id never seen street moves b4 n I was buzzin to play 1on1 after watchin it.

When the kids from the hood the PAL centre was in strolled in I was like I gotta play somebody this one dude steps up n I first time wrapped the ball behindhis back all his boys was gettin on him and I fell in love with streetball n developing a handle.

We got back home few weeks later n was destroying everybody with crazy moves we was in love n the tape nearly got worn out cause everybody wanted to see it.

Vol 1n2 was pure street

Vol 3 was the begining of the end because Hott Sauce is not streetball hes like a juggler with a basketball real streetballers are ballas with game and trickslike Skip,AO,Shane,headache n all them cats.

Like everything it becomes mainstream and every penny squezzed out of it the best thing about vol1&2 was they was playin n somebody happened to film itafter that everybody was playing up to the cameras as good as some of it was it lost the true essence of street basketball oneupmanship battleing.

Ill never forget the first day I saw vol 1 thas a life long memory right there

Peace
Scottie

what happened to that ball4real tour? i heard they got screwed over?

anyways, maaan i remember all them cats. the black widow and sik wit it were my favorites. shane was funny as **** in mixtape 5 when they were blazing in thetour bus.

going home, watching video, then practicing in front of my mirror. ahh man i wish they never fell off.

rip flash

Volume 1 dropped fall 99

The footage on the tape was from Rucker Park way back when they had the flimsy backboards n rims on poles and an early And 1 sponsored game

Im pretty sure if u watch it most footage is 93,94 and 95

And 1 picture commercials that were on the OG Tshirts started popping up on the inside covers of SLAM magazine shortly after they got started I have my earlyissues and SLAM helped to premote And1 pretty well.

The only other tape from And1 id put up there with volume 1 & 2 is the Skip vs Alimoe tape because of again most of it being back in the day true footagethats just who these dudes were bustin dudes ankles for the fun of it not cause there was a camera rolling.

Peace
Scottie

Still got my VHS copy. I remember my older brother's friend worked at a store that got the tape in with some AND1 kicks, the day they came in he phoned usand hooked it up. My brother and I must've watched it 10 times that night.

Damn, this tape makes me feel old...

Alotta u dudes sayin vol 3 was crack no way

Vol 3 was 50/50

Hott Sauce if he had stayed like he was on vol3 heda got so much more respect but alot of that tape was kids trying to hard to set people up remember that tapehad a nation wide appeal for people to send in home shot footage of themselves.

Alot of the tape peeps tried to hard it didnt flow like volumes 1&2 because they were put together from real streetball games tournaments.

AO and Hott Sauce were definately appreciated in vol3 though crazy stuff

Peace
Scottie

I went to a couple games. But nothing to old school, like 04-05 & recently 07-08 BTW Who remembers the slip on And1s? Those were nice...

Skip
pimp.gif
...That's when And1 was really about streetball.

pimp.gif

Skip was that dude. The best joint is the one pass where he's dribbling and swings his arm over the ball then brings it between his legs then dumps thepass off. Joint wasnt even illegal!
eek.gif

After vol. 3 it started gettin wack tho. Hot Sauce had a blatant disregard for the rules of basketball
smh.gif

Soundtrack was dope too. "1-9-9-9" "Breaker Breaker" the joint with the two shorties, all
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

I remember the day we got our hands on it, dudes was huddled up at my crib after school like 5 deep. Next day, PE class was turnover city.
smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I still have vol 1-4 on DVD
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Qpitfighter

I always felt like AND 1 started the decline of fundamentals of true basketball.

Hahaha ya think? this was a coaches nightmare....

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

man i remember i would always do the boomerang in the playground and break dudes necks. hilarious!!. and of course the AO yo-yo. dudes would get heated when i hit them in the face with the ball or laid the ball on their headhAHA!!

skip> hot sauce> Everyone else
Hell no.

Skip>Alimoe>Headache>A.O.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>'Hot Sauce'

And Skip was like 15-16 in those clips
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Qpitfighter

I always felt like AND 1 started the decline of fundamentals of true basketball.
All the old heads did. I remember cats used to get sent home when they tried And 1 stuff during practice.

AND 1 ruined basketball.

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Hotsauce creativity still amazes me

Why?

Just pick up the ball and run with it.

But really, the only move I give sauce his just due for is the 'Boomerang'

Back
Top Bottom