and we're done

this made me :lol:

these daiquiri's are pretty stong :smokin

Anybody else hearing these these trade rumors?

Tyson, felton and novak for john wall, nene and somebody else I forgot ....

Dont know if id do it ....
That's a done deal for me.

When it comes to pgs give me Wall or Irving anyday. Nene is still more than serviceable and Novak aint been about **** in recent memory. Sending them to WAS wouldn't hurt us at all either.
If we could swap tyson for amare and nene for omeka. I'd doooooo it
Nah I'm totally fine giving up Tyson in that trade. I'm not gonna be delusional or greedy by trying to switch in Amar'e :lol: They'd just hang up on us if they were still on the phone for the original proposal.
I would join you guys but my investment banking job is way too demanding.
Got me laughing here like Ray Charles, holding my sides :rofl:

Last edited:
[h1]Nate Wolters, No. 24 (Mock Draft)[/h1]
[h2] [/h2]
The Knicks pick a versatile PG with a strong offensive prowess.

by Peter Walsh

For the realists, the ’12-13 Knicks had a wildly successful season. As a team, the Knicks accomplished 44 wins (most since ’96-97), an Atlantic Division championship (first since the ’93-94 season), the most three-pointers attempted and made in NBA history, and a trip to the second round of the Playoffs (first time since 2000). Individually, JR Smith won the Sixth Man of the Year award, and Melo earned the scoring title while finishing third in MVP voting.

For the excitable Knick fan, though, the season was a complete and utter disaster. Despite all those wonderful accomplishments and accolades, the season ended on a sour note with an early exit at the hands of the Indiana Pacers. The Pacers exposed the Knicks weaknesses up front and overpowered them with gritty played that stymied the Knicks finesse style that had carried them through the regular season.

The Knicks were built to win immediately and didn’t. The franchise took a step in the right direction, and will certainly be looking to build on their success, but the window for a championship is closing fast. As of today, the Knicks roster looks like this: Melo, STAT, Tyson Chandler, Marcus Camby, Raymond Felton, Iman Shumpert, and Steve Novak. That leaves them with just one player under the age of 28 (Shump), two guys who barely played last season (STAT and Camby), no backup point guard, and very little cap flexibility due to the enormous paychecks Melo, STAT, and Tyson Chandler are cashing out on.

New York needs a player that can step in and contribute right away. It’s no secret that Mike Woodson has a distaste for playing rookies–unless they are already in their 30′s–so the idea of the Knicks drafting a young player and investing in a project who will need some time to get his feet wet is out of the question. As much as New York needs a big man in the rotation, they also need another scoring option and someone who can handle the rock and feed the Knicks’ stars.

With all that brought into consideration, the New York Knicks will look outside the bustling concrete jungle of Manhattan and to the plains of South Dakota for the 
nate_wolters.jpg
remedy….

With the 24th pick in the 2013 SLAMonline Mock Draft, the New York Knicks select…

Nate Wolters from South Dakota State.

This pick came down to Wolters and either Mike Muscala, the very talented center from Bucknell, French import Rudy Gobert, or Kansas center Jeff Withey. After the beating the frontcourt combination of David West and Roy Hibbert put on the Knicks, it’s clear that New York needs help up front if they hope to take the next step in their quest for championship glory. After looking around the NBA and the center position on each roster, my interest was piqued as to where these players were selected and how successful they were in their rookie year.

Here is the list of centers who have been selected in the past five Drafts and have attained some degree of success (starter, sixth man, impact player, etc…). Along with where they were selected, their rookie year stats, awards won and All-Star appearances:

2007:

Al Horford (#3) 31.4 min / 10.1 points / 9.7 boards / 0.9 blocks / 49% shooting / 2x NBA All-Star

Joakim Noah (#9) 20.7 min / 6.6 points / 5.6 boards / 0.9 blocks / 48 percent shooting / 1x NBA All-Star / 1x NBA All-Defensive First Team

Spencer Hawes (#10) 13.1 min / 4.7 points / 3.2 boards / 0.6 blocks / 45% shooting

2008:

Brook Lopez (#10) 30.5 min / 13.0 points / 8.1 boards / 1.8 blocks / 53% shooting (career-high) / 1x NBA All-Star

Roy Hibbert (#17) 14.4 min / 7.1 points / 3.5 boards / 1.1 blocks / 47% shooting / 1x NBA All-Star

Javale McGee (#18) 15.2 min / 6.5 points / 3.9 boards / 1.0 blocks / 49% shooting

Serge Ibaka (#24) 18.1 min / 6.3 points / 5.4 boards / 1.3 blocks / 54% shooting / 2x NBA Blocks leader

DeAndre Jordan (#35) 14.5 min / 4.3 points / 4.5 boards / 1.1 blocks / 63% shooting

Omer Asik (#36) 12.1min / 2.8 points / 3.7 boards / .7 blocks / 55% shooting (career-high)

2009:

BJ Mullens (#24) 4.2 min / 1.1 points / .8 boards / 0 blocks / 36% shooting

2010:

DeMarcus Cousins (#5) 28.5 min / 14.1 points / 8.6 boards / .8 blocks / 43% shooting

Greg Monroe (#7) 27.8 min / 9.4 points / 7.5 boards / .6 blocks / 55% shooting

Larry Sanders (#15) 14.5 min / 4.3 points / 3.0 boards / 1.2 blocks / 43% shooting

2011:

Nikola Vucevic (#16) 15.9 min / 5.5 points / 4.8 boards / .7 blocks / 45% shooting

2012:

Anthony Davis (#1) 28.8 min / 13.5 points / 8.2 boards / 1.8 blocks / 51% shooting

Andre Drummond (#9) 20.7 min / 7.9 points / 7.8 boards / 1.6 blocks / 60% shooting

The collective rookie year averages for these 16 players were: 19.4 min / 7.3 points / 5.5 boards / 1 block / 49% shooting, decent numbers for a rook but nothing that will blow you away. Out of these players, only five were selected at No. 24 or lower, and not one selected that low made a sizable impact in their first year. The risk of drafting a center this low in the first round is too high for a team that isn’t in rebuilding mode.

The Knicks will look for a versatile player who can fill their need for both a scoring option and a capable backup point guard. With Wolters, the Knicks will get a 22-year-old, 6-5 point guard who excels with the ball in his hands. A kid with his size and skill set that averaged 22.3 points on 48 percent shooting, 5.8 dimes, 5.6 boards, and 1.7 steals his senior year would normally be a lock for the lottery. But since he played against lesser competition in the Summit League, Wolters will drop into the latter half of the first round and possibly even into the second where the Knicks will have the opportunity to scoop him up.

While the competition argument is certainly a strong one, it’s impossible to ignore the numbers and big games he had during his college days. In February of this year, he dropped 53 points in 40 minutes on 17-28 shooting. I don’t care what level it is, if you can drop 53 in 40 minutes, you can ball. Against the University of Washington and the future NBA backcourt of Terence Ross and Tony Wroten, he put up 34 points, 5 boards and 7 assists and led the Jack Rabbits to a 92-73 win. He is also the only player in NCAA history to average at least 20 points, 5 assists and 5 rebounds in two separate seasons.

Wolters is at his best when he is running the pick and roll, which the Knicks seem to run every time down the floor. During his senior year, Wolters had the ball in his hands in either an isolation or pick and roll set 60 percent of the time (per DraftXpress), so it shouldn’t be a huge transition for him schematically to the L. Coming off the pick, Wolters has a crafty arsenal of moves. He will drive to the rack and get to the line (he hit his free throws at an 82 percent clip last year), pull up, hit the floater, or make the right pass. Wolters’ knack for making the right play was shown through his Summit League leading 32.0 PER (sixth best in the nation while his career average of 28.1 is good enough for 19th in NCAA history). Wolters can also shift to the shooting guard position and still be effective thanks to his strong jumper (he shot 47 percent on catch-and-shoot jumpers last season) and size.

The knock on Wolters is his average athleticism and poor defense. He isn’t the fastest or the strongest, nor does he move great laterally, all of which will hurt him defensively. What he lacks in athleticism, he makes up for with smarts, feel, and effort; factors that led to 192 steals over his four-year college career. While he will struggle guarding the Derrick Roses and Russell Westbrooks of the NBA throughout his career, you can’t deny his offensive prowess. The Knicks need a big man, it’s a point guard’s league and the team has a chance to steal at the ver
[h1]y least, a solid backup who’s ready to contribute right away.[/h1]

I have no doubt whoever we draft will flourish. Learning and playing against shump melo and others will help tremendously

Back
Top Bottom