and we're done

Lets hope the Kings just let him walk away for nothing even tho he's a restricted free agent

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Cope is gone for that, culmination of all his hard work to get into the league. I'm happy for him getting offers like that.

Where are you seeing that?

That'd be unfortunate from a Knicks fans POV.

Never get why dudes like cope who would prob take any contract offered don't get deals that are minimum ones for 2 years

1 y + 1 yr team option

Im sure there's a logical reason for it

Never get why dudes like cope who would prob take any contract offered don't get deals that are minimum ones for 2 years

1 y + 1 yr team option

Im sure there's a logical reason for it
Because the Knicks would offer him the same deal, and no doubt he'd choose NYC over NO.

Trying to force our hand and see if we're willing to give up more for him.

Is Camby expiring? If so I wouldn't mind that
Think he has two years remaining.

Last edited:
restricted i believe. aye proph, you know where i could grab 4 tickets to the draft?i shoulda pounced on that groupon without even asking and waiting for my friends. now ticketmaster is sold out too.

Ticketmaster sold out too? Ehhh... Try calling barclays and ask if u can buy tickets in person. (if you can do it over the phone, even better)

I'm surprised they sold out.

Because the Knicks would offer him the same deal, and no doubt he'd choose NYC over NO.

Trying to force our hand and see if we're willing to give up more for him.
Think he has two years remaining.

Nah I meant as the first contract

As in last year we should have offered him that

I'm sure there's a reason for it though and I'm not some genius that can come up with something GMs have never thought of :lol:

Not sure why I can't edit but yea I figure it's because once ur over the cap you can't sign multiyear deals without using some sort of an exception

Shumpert Ready To Fill Possible Void Of J.R. Smith
Jun 26, 2013 12:10 AM EDT

If J.R. Smith leaves the New York Knicks in free agency this offseason, Iman Shumpert is confident he will be ready to fill the void as a difference maker at shooting guard.

“I always accepted all challenges,” Shumpert said. “I would just take that as another challenge."

Even so, Shumpert would like to see the Knicks bring back the same team next season.

“I would love to play with the same team. I have no complaints on our team this year. “I would love to play with those same guys. I built crazy chemistry with those guys toward the end of the year."

i hope we could keep Jr. & Cope. Dont mind losing Novak, Camby. I wish we could get rid of Amare's contract..... I'd trade it for a second round pick

Starting to like Shump more and more, The only thing is that I cant see him scoring like J.R does, That is not his type of game

I wanted J.R to stay but seeing his Playoff ''coke'' drama and pictures of him high as h3ll this Summer make me think we need to let him go, Dude isn't going to change :smh:

JR will be back and producing even better next year in my opinion. I know a lot of dudes probably feel like this was the best year we could possibly have with this team, but I think there is still some ceiling to be reached in regards to the players we have.. It's really gonna come down to how much work dudes put in this summer. If people in this thread don't think the Knicks (melo, ray, tyson shump, JR and even Amare) are hungry for a title they are bugging. In my opinion the only two reasons we still can't win will come down to Mike Woodson or Lebron James. :lol:. I'm convinced this team can't win with Woody. but that's me. JR services are gonna be missed if he is let go.. Melo needs to really show some leadership this year to keep the team moving along nicely as well as Ray Felton playing at an All star level with confidence for longer stretches throughout the season. This fall I think he will come in his best playing shape.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom