and we're done

We having alternates next season ?

I think. Not confirmed though.

I think Telfair would be a great pickup.

He was balling out in Phoenix and coming back home might rejuvenate him even more.

He seems to be a much more mature person now.

I think we're cursed for the way that we do our local players, man. At the very least....maybe he can be a good luck charm of some sorts :lol:

The New York Knicks and free agent J.R. Smith have agreed to terms on a four-year, $24.7 million contract, the guard's agent, Leon Rose, said Thursday morning.

The contract is the maximum amount the Knicks can offer Smith via the Early Bird Rights, which allows a team to offer the average player salary with standard annual raises of 7.5 percent. The league's financial figures for 2013-14 will be released next week, but the average salary is projected at approximately $5.5 million.

According to a league source, Smith's deal contains a player option in the fourth and final year.

Rose said Smith had other offers, but he wanted to stay in New York. Earl Smith Sr. J.R.'s father, said on Wednesday that his son had drawn interest. A league source said the Milwaukee Bucks, Detroit Pistons and Dallas Mavericks were among those to show interest in Smith earlier in the week.

Smith, though, has a strong relationship with Knicks coach Mike Woodson, and the Freehold, N.J., product enjoys playing close to his family. Those likely factored into his decision to stay in New York.

The 27-year-old averaged 18.1 points and 5.3 rebounds per game last season, in which he won the league's Sixth Man of the Year award. He played an integral role in the Knicks' regular-season success but struggled mightily in the playoffs, making just 33 percent of his field goals.

Signings can't become official until the league-wide moratorium is lifted on July 10.

Not mad at JR coming back, would have rather had OJ or Monta though...it is what it,is though, i just cant get over dude disappearing on the team but welcome back AR

And CJ Leslie could take Cope's minutes easily.

How the hell did he go undrafted?

He had great numbers in college and his athleticism is off the charts.

@nbastats
6'8" SF C.J. Leslie ran the fastest agility (10.19s) & 2nd-best sprint (3.10s) of all #NBACombine participants pic.twitter.com/Ce7Bp5gwGF
3:14 PM - 17 May 2013

Last edited:
pretty much the same except for copeland, kmart, novak, q-rich, james white and earl barron

add in cj leslie and tim hardaway jr

Last edited:
Personally like the deal and think that it's a HUGE steal. I'm always wary of guys balling out in their contract years, but Woody seems to have gotten through to JR and make him into a more mature NBA player and person, playoffs aside.

I wont even be mad if Copeland goes; heard Utah, Pacers and Lakers all got interest....after what i read about him, I couldnt be mad if he decides to cash out. Bargnani can give us some of that when healthy.

If they're looking for a 3, I personally liked what I saw from Garcia in the playoffs. Matt Barnes is never a bad choice if you're talking 3 & D guys......I'm also intrigued by Stephen Jackson....i think he's one of those quiet regular season guys who lives for the playoffs. He's a bit older, but he could be a body to throw at a Bron or Paul George.

I wouldnt mind Teflair back here as a back up.

He clearly lost millions of bucks during the off season. annoyed that it cuts into the 2 year plan but it's a very good and easy t trade contract. It really is a good deal. And prigs is a steal but Woodson needs to ******g play him in the post season for it to matter doesnt he?

Felton/Prigs
Iman/JR/Tim Hardaway JR
Melo/CJ Leslie
Amar'e/Bargnani
Tyson

Frontcourt looking thin.

We need Kenyon/Brand.

We need a versitale wing player that can guard 2,3 and some 4 and hit a 3. And a defensive big man and we will look ok.

Prigioni has to come back also.

Happy Fourth of July, Knicks family! Have an awesome and safe Independence Day.

Welcome back, JR!

I hope he redeems himself in the playoffs.

Also Woodson needs to learn not to suck at making adjustments. We need to play ALOT faster

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom