and we're done

i haven't watched any games but are still running that bull offense where no plays are run?

LOL WUT? I dont know what you guys been watching but we run ALOT of half court sets in the past couple of games. Its just that 1 game against Toronto we looked bad in IMO. Obviously there's gonna be heavy ISO sets because we do have Melo, but i like what i saw so far in terms of player movement.

Last edited:
Mychel Thompson :wow:. I am amazed by how awful this guy has been. Somebody must of owed his dad a favor.

I didn't watch the game cuz I don't like watching us play the Celts, win or lose. I don't like most of those lames. Something during the game always irks too much so unless it's an important game I probably won't watch :lol:

Heard we lost though, so w/e. Anything noteworthy by us?

******g new NT. straight disrespect that a NT OG like myself can lose his account just like that. **** it though, RIP THE GR8, your boys back in full force with the new id.

Anyway i know ive been ghosting it for awhile but now that season is nearing im gonna try and become more present. Im going to the preseason game Monday at the Carrier Dome as well as the opener in BK so lets ******g do this.

Anyway, just wanna post quick but some preseason thoughts, good looks to Copeland. This kid really looks like he improved his game playing in Europe, i remember him in college back in the day and this is definitley by far the best i have seen him look. i never thought he would drop buckets on any level the way he has this preseason and in Belgium the way that he has thus far, definitley looks like he locked up a spot on this squad. Saying that I guess our 15 man roster looks pretty much like this barring something crazy...

PG- Felton, Kidd, Prigioni

SG- Shump, JR, Brewer

SF- Melo, White, Copeland

PF- STAT, Novak, Kurt

C- Tyson, Camby, Sheed

I am very intrigued really like this roster alot.

Alot has been said this offseason about the Knicks' age but I really see no problem with it. I think that age is really more of a negative factor when you have a team like what the Celtics are becoming or maybe the Spurs as well, where they expect their oldest players to also carry the load of their team and play 35+ mins a game.

Looking at our roster, nobody in our starting lineup is over 30 years old, and probably our top 7-8 players in the rotation are all young enough to comfortably lag big minutes. our age kicks in at the backup PG spot which is absolutely fine for me because Kidd/Pablo both look effective and the fact that they can split minutes without taking much away from the team we put on the floor should allow us to allocate their minutes comfortably barring serious injuries. After that we have a surplus of established veterans in the frontcourt, but all of these players (besides maybe Sheed because we have not seen anything from him yet) look more than capable to backup our big men for 10-20 mins a game. Camby even led the NBA in rebounds per minute last season and him and Kurt have ALOT that they can teach/ hopefully rub off on our other big men and get them to play better.

Basically what I am trying to say is that I do not see age as an issue with this team because while we do have alot of old players, they are all still effective, and they are being asked to play roles that they are more than capable of doing. I do not see age as a factor when we are asking these players to come off the bench, do what they do, and play 10-20 minutes per game because that is what these players would be doing regardless of what team they are on, it just happens that they are all on our team. i think this just adds to our tremendous depth and the leadership factor that all of these established veterans bring can not be overlooked either.
Just saw game recap

Trade Amare, blow up the team 
mean.gif
Its **** like this that inspires me to come back and post. Really? After a preseason game? Come on now :smh:

HOWEVER i will throw out 1 hopeful/probably unlikely Amare scenario i would LOVE to see. 

If Amare comes back and plays like he is capable of (which i prey he does regardless if we trade or keep him, and Atlanta struggles this season causing Josh Smith to not want to sign with them long term and we somehow manage to package Amare to Atlanta in return for Josh smith and sign him long term... a man can only hope 
nthat.gif

Anyway feels good to be back, Im feeling/hoping Melo having his best season as a pro this year. Either way pumped for Knicks basketball to get back under way with a full season without D'antoni or seious (minus Shumpert) injuries. Lets do itttt

Just saw game recap

Trade Amare, blow up the team 
mean.gif
Its **** like this that inspires me to come back and post. Really? After a preseason game? Come on now :smh:
I read that too thinking he was just following the sarcastic trend of posts that last night's game being a must win game :lol: So I gave it the benefit of the doubt.

GR8, did you make sure to enter your name exactly how it appears? I used to be able to login on Yuku with "bigj33", but the new NT wouldn't let me sign in unless I did "Big J 33".. maybe that's it.

Back
Top Bottom