and we're done

Just wondering... So GR8 you were stuck in limbo at sneakertalk? Lol it's been a few months since the change

Its **** like this that inspires me to come back and post. Really? After a preseason game? Come on now :smh:

:lol: nah man I'm just poking fun at the "sky is falling" mentality every time we lose a game

I wasnt being serious but I'm sure there are some people really staying up at night over preseason games :lol:

HAPPY BDAY YEEEEUUUUUPPPPPPPPPP! :smokin

******g new NT. straight disrespect that a NT OG like myself can lose his account just like that. **** it though, RIP THE GR8, your boys back in full force with the new id.

Anyway i know ive been ghosting it for awhile but now that season is nearing im gonna try and become more present. Im going to the preseason game Monday at the Carrier Dome as well as the opener in BK so lets ******g do this.

Anyway, just wanna post quick but some preseason thoughts, good looks to Copeland. This kid really looks like he improved his game playing in Europe, i remember him in college back in the day and this is definitley by far the best i have seen him look. i never thought he would drop buckets on any level the way he has this preseason and in Belgium the way that he has thus far, definitley looks like he locked up a spot on this squad. Saying that I guess our 15 man roster looks pretty much like this barring something crazy...

PG- Felton, Kidd, Prigioni
SG- Shump, JR, Brewer
SF- Melo, White, Copeland
PF- STAT, Novak, Kurt
C- Tyson, Camby, Sheed

I am very intrigued really like this roster alot.

Alot has been said this offseason about the Knicks' age but I really see no problem with it. I think that age is really more of a negative factor when you have a team like what the Celtics are becoming or maybe the Spurs as well, where they expect their oldest players to also carry the load of their team and play 35+ mins a game.

Looking at our roster, nobody in our starting lineup is over 30 years old, and probably our top 7-8 players in the rotation are all young enough to comfortably lag big minutes. our age kicks in at the backup PG spot which is absolutely fine for me because Kidd/Pablo both look effective and the fact that they can split minutes without taking much away from the team we put on the floor should allow us to allocate their minutes comfortably barring serious injuries. After that we have a surplus of established veterans in the frontcourt, but all of these players (besides maybe Sheed because we have not seen anything from him yet) look more than capable to backup our big men for 10-20 mins a game. Camby even led the NBA in rebounds per minute last season and him and Kurt have ALOT that they can teach/ hopefully rub off on our other big men and get them to play better.

Basically what I am trying to say is that I do not see age as an issue with this team because while we do have alot of old players, they are all still effective, and they are being asked to play roles that they are more than capable of doing. I do not see age as a factor when we are asking these players to come off the bench, do what they do, and play 10-20 minutes per game because that is what these players would be doing regardless of what team they are on, it just happens that they are all on our team. i think this just adds to our tremendous depth and the leadership factor that all of these established veterans bring can not be overlooked either.

Its **** like this that inspires me to come back and post. Really? After a preseason game? Come on now :smh:

HOWEVER i will throw out 1 hopeful/probably unlikely Amare scenario i would LOVE to see. 

If Amare comes back and plays like he is capable of (which i prey he does regardless if we trade or keep him, and Atlanta struggles this season causing Josh Smith to not want to sign with them long term and we somehow manage to package Amare to Atlanta in return for Josh smith and sign him long term... a man can only hope :nthat:

Anyway feels good to be back, Im feeling/hoping Melo having his best season as a pro this year. Either way pumped for Knicks basketball to get back under way with a full season without D'antoni or seious (minus Shumpert) injuries. Lets do itttt

wellcome back and all but my attention span didn't make it thru that post

Yeeeeup happy belatedb bday broski 
happy.gif

We're stuck with Amare for couple more years so if we're gonna win anything its gonna be with him and Melo. So this aint no blessing in disguise. These two HAVE TO play together.

Unless ofcourse Amare swallows his pride and comes off the bench.

We're stuck with Amare for couple more years so if we're gonna win anything its gonna be with him and Melo. So this aint no blessing in disguise. These two HAVE TO play together.
Unless ofcourse Amare swallows his pride and comes off the bench.
I am of the opinion the two cannot play together.

So depending on what the Knicks do position wise (shift Melo to PF), it'll make them better offensively while not downgrading the defense.

Honestly it's clear to me they can't win a chip together against the current competition. We have a championship worthy supporting cast but the "superstars" can't cut it

I'm going for moral victories. Better than the nets. Better than the celts I woukd be very happy. First round win.

Last edited:
So depending on what the Knicks do position wise (shift Melo to PF), it'll make them better offensively while not downgrading the defense.

I agree, but I also believe that with enough time and reps in these two will eventually get it. With Amare being out that doesnt help. Constant repetition is the path to progression.

Yea dude, but we're paying him $20 million dollars a year. He needs to be some type of asset instead of a liability.

I agree, but I also believe that with enough time and reps in these two will eventually get it. With Amare being out that doesnt help. Constant repetition is the path to progression.
That's fair.
Yea dude, but we're paying him $20 million dollars a year. He needs to be some type of asset instead of a liability.
It only goes downhill from here as he enters into his 30s.

Last edited:
I hope we can trade him for Josh Smith.
Chill, I've seen a couple people hype that up, not happening. Danny Ferry is in the process of starting from scratch in Atlanta. The Hawks would never do that, doesn't make any sense. They'd trade Josh for some draft picks or just let him go in free-agency.

Like I said a few pages ago, Amare is like A-Rod. Overpaid and unwanted by many, but their is nothing the Knicks/Yankees can do unless they eat most of the salary, so you might as well not trade them.

Back
Top Bottom