and we're done

I've been wanting Novak gone since the offseason
I haven't seen White doing anything special on offense or defense. He can go.
I've seen some good minutes from Copeland a few times.
Brewer was money at the start of the season and then I don't know what happened. I would like to see him over Novak though, Brewer plays defense.
Kidd is just tired, he needs some rest and needs to get back.
I'm fine with holding out for Sheed and Camby. I don't think we need to make any trades, if we get them back and they can stay healthy. We'll be fine come playoff time.

Nah keep novak u dont let a shooter like him go but i'll drop white after he gets his dunk on and drop copeland

And give brewer some of his mins back and cut some of shumps mins he looks real hesitant to me

You can tell shump isnt fully confident in his game yet

Novak is the kinda guy that if we let him go he'll come back with the team that overpaid him and break the record for NBA 3s in a game on us.

I don't want no part of that.

Melo: Don’t put Iman on block

By MARC BERMAN
Last Updated: 3:31 AM, February 11, 2013

A disturbed Carmelo Anthony weighed in emphatically on rumors the Knicks were listening to offers for slumping swingman Iman Shumpert, who has struggled in his return from ACL surgery.

“He shouldn’t be worrying about that,’’ Anthony said. “The Knicks shouldn’t even be in trade talks right now.’’

The Knicks don’t appear ready to move one of their bedrocks of the future, especially in a potential exchange for the Suns’ Jared Dudley and a first-round pick. But Knicks coach Mike Woodson felt it was important enough to talk to Shumpert before yesterday’s 102-88 loss to the Clippers in which Shumpert was assigned to Chris Paul and didn’t fare too well. Shumpert’s offensive slump continued as he scored two points on 1-of-4 shooting in 20:54.

“He said, ‘Don’t worry about it,’ ’’ Shumpert said. “Rumors are rumors. I just got to play ball. Something I can’t control.’’

Woodson said his daughter, who graduated from Georgia Tech in December, got angry at him over the speculation the Knicks could trade Shumpert.

“She called me and told me, ‘Daddy you’re not going to trade him,’ because they all went to Georgia Tech together,’’ Woodson said. “I was like, ‘Iman’s going to be right here with me.’ ’’

But Woodson admitted never say never.

“I don’t think you can ever tell a player he’s not, that’s kind of out of my hands,’’ Woodson said. “If owners came to me and said we have to do a deal, then you do the deal. I sat him down and I told him. He knows how I feel about him.“We show him love and we tell him he’s a big part of what we’re doing,’’ Woodson added. “Those are just trade rumors.’’

Paul, who finished with 25 points, had his way with Shumpert. Shumpert said it’s tough to judge because the Knicks have a help-oriented defense. But he knows he’s not the defensive demon he was before the knee surgery.

“It’s definitely frustrating to jump back in the middle of the season,’’ Shumpert said. “I didn’t think it would be this hard at all, but your mind and body is in two different places. I’ll figure it out.’’

The Paul assignment?

“It’s a challenge to guard a guy like Chris Paul when you’re in the best form,’’ Shumpert said. “Sooner or later, I’ll get back to where I was.’’

* Jamal Crawford (27 points) of the Clippers on returning to the Garden, where he played four seasons: “It is always special to come back to the Garden. It is my favorite arena to play at besides Staples
. It is fun to come back.’’

* Woodson on taking a red-hot Anthony out to start the fourth quarter: “In hindsight, I should have let him keep going. That two-minute stretch we dug ourselves a hole. I went back to our starters, and Melo had cooled off and we couldn’t get into an offensive flow.’’ ... Steve Novak took just one shot in 6:45 and went scoreless.

[email protected]

Would ABSOLUTELY SMASH SMASH SMASH

Id happily go rot in Milwaukee or somewhere to be hitting that on the regular :lol:

Knicks got decisions I'm happy I don't have to make. Because obviously if we move Novak or Shump, they will be back with a vengeance.

And if we keep them both, our inaction will be one of the top targets of hate once we get the boot in the playoffs.

Our issues are, Novak didn't really fall back down to earth...he just can't get open, partially because of our weak discipline on offense.
But...the way it's looking, Novak is gonna be walking garbage in the playoffs all over again.

And Shump might round out into form come May, but it's just as possible this might be as good as he'll be this season.

My issue is, we have pieces of a backcourt. Everyone has serious deficiencies. Kidd is dying, but he could probably still cook Felton if he played against him. :smh: And when Felton thinks he's Iverson, my soul burns. Prigs is 65 going on 20. Shump can't move quickly laterally right now. And JR is the gift and the curse.

We don't have 1 two-way backcourt player. Thing is, I think come next year, Shump WILL be that guy.

There's no way of knowing which side of this is gonna pay off.

My case for keeping Shump, though, is that defense wins championships and outside of Tyson, he's the only Knick I've seen in a decade that can change games with his defense. The worst thing happened to him in May and we probably won't get that guy for at least another couple months. The East wasn't this weak last year, and it won't be this weak next year, but I gotta hold out hope that we should bet on him getting back to form.

That's just me, though.

ed: Oh and if Glen pulls off some typa voodoo and gets Dudley for Novak/Camby+Cope/Brewer, they're gonna build a statue of him.

Last edited:
IMO need to give brewer more minutes, if shump isn't wheres hes supposed to be let him sit and let brewer play, that small line up with felton kidd and shump isnt cutting it, with brewer we got more versatility defensively

Novak straight up does nothing on the court other than shoot. If they found a way to get another shooter back and could get rid of him i would say they came off fine

Novak straight up does nothing on the court other than shoot. If they found a way to get another shooter back and could get rid of him i would say they came off fine

This, Id be fine with Dudley for Novak and pieces. But I dont want Dudley if it means Shump has to go.

This, Id be fine with Dudley for Novak and pieces. But I dont want Dudley if it means Shump has to go.
True Story .
Dudley is like what novaj should be. A good three point shooter but he can defend and move around.

the defense is what concerns me more than anything, the lack of defense and rebounding is going to be problematic vs these physical teams come playoff time.

Back
Top Bottom