and we're done

And we all convinced ourselves that Woody was great, cuz he got JR to act right.

ibi0xQKDjyK14I.gif

Just win game 4 before going to NY, that's all for now.

yup. this is the playoffs! it's always nerve wrecking! I think some people are just too young to really remember going through this type of **** because the knicks haven't had a meaningful, long series in like 12 years :lol: or forgot because its been so long :frown:

every knicks squad was having these long ***, not easy series. even ones I'm too young to truly remember like 94

even the first championship squad didn't make it easy on the nerves of knicks fans :lol:

Last edited:
What gets me is the team seems not to be taking this serious. There's no motivation in game. The two losses so far look like regular season losses. Like these dudes don't realize it's the playoffs.

IMO the Celtics fighting back has seemed to change this team for the worse and not toughen them up for the next round.

horrible game.
coaching wise, same old 'why did Woody sub him for him?'
SMH
and helping when Paul George posts up? ive never seen him successfully back anyone down. so why help?
Felton helps on defense wayyyyyyyyyyy too much, leading for someone to help him, and theyre not even close.

*Segway*

and how and why didnt Felton show up?!
especially after all this time off...
but his decisions in the 3rd quarter pissed me off.
bad shot decision, early in the shot clock, off a PnR, contested. he did this TWICE in 3-4 possessions.
bad passes overall. he puts JR, Melo in the bad positions to make a play, but expects to make a move SMH
got me thinking like 'why would you pass it to so-and-so'
then all of a sudden, he starts driving late in the 4th, like it wasnt there all game.

just noticed that KMarts initial defense is great, then if/when he gets beat, he just hacks the player :lol:

and i know Melo's a 'nonchalant' dude, but man he's got to stop smiling whenever he thinks he didnt foul or whatever. i feel like dude aint taking anything serious.

but the teams overall demeanour was bad. not like we havent seen it before, but you would think theyll learn :lol:
again, no sense of urgency to execute the offense.

lack of a better wrod right now, PATHETIC performance and coaching...
SMH

horrible game.
coaching wise, same old 'why did Woody sub him for him?'
SMH
and helping when Paul George posts up? ive never seen him successfully back anyone down. so why help?
Felton helps on defense wayyyyyyyyyyy too much, leading for someone to help him, and theyre not even close.

*Segway*

and how and why didnt Felton show up?!
especially after all this time off...
but his decisions in the 3rd quarter pissed me off.
bad shot decision, early in the shot clock, off a PnR, contested. he did this TWICE in 3-4 possessions.
bad passes overall. he puts JR, Melo in the bad positions to make a play, but expects to make a move SMH
got me thinking like 'why would you pass it to so-and-so'
then all of a sudden, he starts driving late in the 4th, like it wasnt there all game.

just noticed that KMarts initial defense is great, then if/when he gets beat, he just hacks the player :lol:

and i know Melo's a 'nonchalant' dude, but man he's got to stop smiling whenever he thinks he didnt foul or whatever. i feel like dude aint taking anything serious.

but the teams overall demeanour was bad. not like we havent seen it before, but you would think theyll learn :lol:
again, no sense of urgency to execute the offense.

lack of a better wrod right now, PATHETIC performance and coaching...
SMH

Truth.

SMFH.

and everyone told me to chill out when i said tyson is the most overpaid/overrated center in the league :smh:

Last edited:
been watching this team close since 91...

I will keep this quick...

Games are decided in this series by the success of one player... Roy Hibbert. We keep him off the glass and books, we win. We let him get position on both sides of the court and we lose.

Tyson/Amare - step up and figure out a way to make this guy a non factor. I would say even let Camby get a shot and putting a body on this guy to see how he does. Sheed in this series would have been helpful too.

I wonder how team nyk would have reacted on NT after the Knicks heat series in '97 :rofl:

We're only down 2-1. If we lose on Tuesday, then that would be a problem.

Last edited:
In a game where Melo was getting foul calls, we gotta keep getting him the ball to attack.  Not sure why kidd and felton was throwing him terrible passes where he isnt even set to catch the ball which leads to turns overs.  Tyson chandler has been the new fake hustle this year.  This guy is letting hibbert rebound and score all over us.  He also cant finish on the pick and rolls and hes not making his free throws. And jr, jason terry mustve put a voo doo spell on him or something.  As inconsistent as he has been during the season, he hasnt been this bad for this many games 

Don't even know where to start.

There was zero urgency on offense. Looked like we were playing a scrimmage after a long practice.
Tyson got killed the entire game. I actually expected Camby to go in because Tyson was that bad. K Mart didn't show up either.
Don't remember even seeing Felton on the court.
JR will be a Knick next year because his stock has dropped.
Pablo and Shump were the only players that showed up. Carmelo looked like he half assed it to me.

Still a lot of games left in the series so I'm not too worried yet. We came out with the same intensity as we did in game one.

We're gonna win this series. We played the most uncharacteristically game we possibly could and still had a chance to win with 3 minutes left. These dudes arent hitting 10 threes again, the rebounding wont be like that again, and we wont have as many turnover again.

Tyson started the season tired. Maybe from the Olympic run. But then he locked in after a month and beasted for half the year, until he hurt that disc in his neck. He hasn't been right since. He wasn't right last series, but we didn't need him last series. KG would rather take jumpers and K-Mart did a decent job on him. But this series, 7ft is 7ft and he's the only one we've got. Sheed would be perfect right now, cuz Hibbert plays pretty soft considering, but that wasn't in the cards for us.

I dunno. I gotta put some of this on Woody. He's a player's coach, but at the end of the day, we've come out weak 5 times outta 9. And just hoping, JR or Kidd will save you, aint it. That Magic 8-Ball basketball of hopefully someone gets hot, is not what's real good. He actually preaches defense which is a NWO compared to the last decade, but his job is effort, rotations and execution. Regardless of who you've got, those are things the coach can affect.

You can't look across the bracket at the Bulls and not think we're ******g up. We're the only team left in the playoffs where 5 minutes in, you understand that we're probably gonna lose. Yes, we're old. Yes, we're hurt. Yes, we're slumping. But this is the playoffs. The season is always almost over. And JR's elbow didn't change ****. We got a free pass the first 3 games. Historically worst scoring from the Cs. No ballhandler, no hope. We got a free pass to the 2-seed too. Someone important was out on every decent team in the East except the Heat.

I don't know. We could win out. We're boom and bust like that. It's just...why can't we just treat every game like it's the closeout game? Everyone else does.

And...tell me Tyson's hurt.... :smh:

Last edited:
Damn. You guys are bi-polar as shet.

We gon win on Tuesday and then the best out of 3 with 2 of the games at MSG.

Knicks in 7.

It's not the one loss that's concerning.. it's the total **** show they decide to put out there

From the coach to our "defensive anchor" to our star to the role players. We can't have games where only one of those show up.. or even two. JR and Ray playing well and Woodson making good adjustments will go to waste if Melo is having a bad night and Tyson is giving up every easy basket inside. Same if the defense is there and Melo is on fire, but the role players can't do squat and Woodson leaves Kidd or JR in there WAY too long

Remember the offensive gameplan that worked, try to box out once in awhile if you're getting beat on the boards, if your lineup hasn't been working for 42 minutes, it probably won't work for the last 6, if you're not hitting your jumpers then play "bully ball" and get inside.

Last edited:
I thought we played great defense last night. Woodson's adjustment to play a 3-2 zone was fantastic, we just couldnt rebound for ****. This dude HIbbert had a career night last night. We are winning the series. Indy turned into a team of chuckers last night and got lucky.

BTW Isola is dropping serious knowledge on Twitter right now. :lol: No troll

Last edited:
Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN 33m

Where are all the folks who complain about Carmelo shooting too much? I know this, he needs to shoot more than 16 times.

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN 30m

If fans focused on the Knicks other All Star as much as they dissect everything Melo does, today would not be a good one for Tyson Chandler

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN 29m

Carmelo is a little like A-Rod. He gets blamed for everything while some of his underperforming teammates float under the radar.

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN 22m

Also, if David West is defending Carmelo or Iman the Knicks need to let them isolate on the slow footed defender and drive to the basket.

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN 21m

I don't care how Iman Shumpert is shooting. He is too valuable defensively not to have on the court. He needs to play 38 to 42 minutes.

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN 9m

Tyson Chandler is a wonderful guy but by my count he's appeared in 14 playoff games with the Knicks & has stood out in one; Game 6 vs Boston

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN now

I get that the Pacers center is from Georgetown but he ain't Patrick Ewing. He's not even Alonzo Mourning.

Defense was there, playing zone puts you in a bad position to grab rebounds, and the Knicks are already a poor defensive team while the Pacers are one of the best.

I can live with JR being off, but you can't expect to win if Tyson is shut down and all PGs give you nothing. Melo was playing an efficient game until the 4th when he had no choice but to force up shots.

There was a sequence in the 4th where a simple long rebound could've cut the deficit to 6, instead Pacers got two back to back offensive rebounds and pushed the lead to 13...Knicks didn't recover after that.

Knicks have to adjust again....objective is to split and if they win game 4 we regain home court.

Back
Top Bottom