and we're done

What has Coach Woodson been up to? Untimely substitutions, sitting out necessary players, doubling up on every possession, half court sets are ghost, etc. this guy has to go come next season. He's clearly not built to motivate and lead men in times of war.

Btw, I thought Melo played efficiently on offense. This was not his fault. Safe to say JR is finding his stroke? :nerd:

What still gets me is that the Knicks should be losing these games by 30+ yet still hang around and end up losing these games by less than 10.

What still gets me is that the Knicks should be losing these games by 30+ yet still hang around and end up losing these games by less than 10.

THAT IS MY POINT.

WE NEED TO REBOUND

STOP BLAMING MELO

AND WE NEED JR TO GET HIS MIND RIGHT

As bad as we've been playing they haven't been smacking us. Just a little help from JR and protect offensive rebounds and series could of been 3-1 other way

Last edited:
What has Coach Woodson been up to? Untimely substitutions, sitting out necessary players, doubling up on every possession, half court sets are ghost, etc. this guy has to go come next season. He's clearly not built to motivate and lead men in times of war.

Btw, I thought Melo played efficiently on offense. This was not his fault. Safe to say JR is finding his stroke?
nerd.gif

This. We need to stop trying to outman them and outgun them. Woodson is coaching himself out of a job. Just inexplicable decisions.

It's simple, Woodson is getting severely outcoached not trusting his bench.

Knicks have been an awful rebounding team the entire year, this should not be upsetting anyone. The rotations suck and nobody outside of Melo/Felton can make a shot consistently. Knicks have also never double teamed any team, from the start of a game and that just shows the desperation from Woodson these past two games, plus trying to cater to Amare.

Pacers playing like the better team, if the Knicks had any pride they would at least find a way to win Game 5 at home.

Oh, and Copeland/Prigs not being on the court is inexcusable at this point, floor needs to be spaced

Last edited:
Whoever said Phil, Phil isn't walking thru that door. He publically bashed Melo and Amare on television, Dolans been salty ever since, they won't speak.

We can't start firing coaches every year either tho. At some point, coaching can only get you so far. Not trying to see more coaches, come in and out.

I just can't see Woodson getting fired after they won a playoff series.
Only way he gets fired is if we have a replacement lined up. There aren't many good coaches on the market. Basically if we can't get Phil or maybe JVG there's no point in firing him.

yeah woody won't get fired. he's had too good of a run with the knicks. look at his record

he deserves to get canned after this last week imo

I just can't see Woodson getting fired after they won a playoff series.

This guy is a "defensive-minded" coach, and yet, he can't seem to figure the Pacers out. How does he still not have an answer to this problem? He's gotta switch the script on them. They are not that good of an offensive team for starters but are dong a heck of a job finding the open man off switches.

Who remembers when out of a timeout in the 3rd quarter they ran a set play for JR Smith coming off a screen shooting a 20 foot jumper :lol: :smh:

Woody is just being too loyal to a fault and he's not even coaching anymore, he's just hoping and praying that things turn around. Now we down 3-1.

Hire JVG please. Mr. potato head still doesnt play Copeland and Novak until the 4th quarter when we clearly needed some scoring. 
mean.gif

Whoever said Phil, Phil isn't walking thru that door. He publically bashed Melo and Amare on television, Dolans been salty ever since, they won't speak.

We can't start firing coaches every year either tho. At some point, coaching can only get you so far. Not trying to see more coaches, come in and out.

Like I said, whoever will come. :lol:

Personally, I'd hope for Mike Malone or Brian Shaw.
SVG, JVG and Phil still on the list, even though those are nevers.
Sloan would be an upgrade too, even though he's a fossil.

I don't think it's firing a coach every year. D'antoni was the coach for 3 1/2.
Woody is the interim that's lasted a year and then some. Neither's been it.

If the Pacers lost, they wouldn't be talking about their coach. The Warriors. Bulls.

We have the worst coach left in the playoffs. Think about that.

Last edited:
JVG always talks highly of the Knicks whenever he's commenting one of their games. I'm sure he would love to come back. The question is would management bring him back?

I knew Mark Jackson was going to be a great coach. I think he would've been perfect for NY.

Like I said, whoever will come. :lol:

Personally, I'd hope for Mike Malone or Brian Shaw.
SVG, JVG and Phil still on the list, even though those are nevers.
Sloan would be an upgrade too, even though he's a fossil.

I don't think it's firing a coach every year. D'antoni was the coach for 3 1/2.
Woody is the interim that's lasted a year and then some. Neither's been it.

If the Pacers lost, they wouldn't be talking about their coach. The Warriors. Bulls.

We have the worst coach left in the playoffs. Think about that.

Can't agree with you O, sorry man but I just don't believe Woodson being fired and another coach coming in with this present roster would still beat this Pacers, let alone the Heat. It's a talent issue, we don't have enough of it.

Dudes in here are screaming for Prigioni, Novak, and Copeland to come save the day. - That has to be a joke. The way the Pacers protect and defend the line, Coepland and Novak wouldn't be able to shoot a clean shot. I agree Prigioni should have played more, but still, he's not winning this series either tho.

We need more top tier talent, thats what it really comes down to. We don't get any type of easy buckets or inside buckets, that's what we need the most, then we can spread the floor.

Whateve tho,most many more negs than positives. Ridiculous.

"Our center is buns... but he wants to talk about our superstar shooting too much? How about he get a rebound?"

"Our current coach is terrible. Our old coach is terrible. Phil?"

"What the hell is Ron Artest mumbling about on Twitter now?"

"We have like no room to make any improvements this summer."

Lakerrific thread is Knicktastic thread is Lakerrific. :lol:

Sorry. :wow: I know y'all are ticked. Just providing a little comic relief.

I get that. I'm just saying, we could barely compete with these guys and that came down to effort, mentality, system, coaching decisions, substitutions and playcalling. I can't watch the Thibs get every last ounce of his team's being out there, then turn and watch this sad gang of knuckleheads. I mean, he really had Kidd out there to coach for him, didn't he? I can understand if the team got outplayed, but we got so throughly outcoached and outprepared, that I don't wanna see Woodson again.

I get it that we got sold a bill of goods. Lowkey, the worst thing that happened to us this season was signing K-Mart, which completely washed away the collapse the team was having and convinced us we had more than we really did. I can't blame our front office much. They made the moves they could. Camby was a bust and a complete waste of what little assets we had. But they brought in Sheed, who was awesome until he got hurt. Kurt was solid...until he got hurt. Kidd and Felton over Nash and Lin was a great, great decision. Bringing over Pablo and Cope was making something outta nothing.

We got a late 1st and a full season of Shump coming. And like 5 spots to fill. I don't know how we get younger. But I do know that we can get smarter, and it starts at the coach. He doesn't have to be the greatest, but top 5 coach in the East isn't ridiculous, is it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom